Don't start Losman

el Tigre

Not yet. It seems like everyone thinks we should throw the kid in there since this season is seemingly lost. He's not ready. He's not 100% healthy,and throwing him to the wolves could ruin his confidence at this point.I'm glad MM is not listening to the so-called experts on this one. Stick with Drew,and make the switch around game 14.

Not yet. It seems like everyone thinks we should throw the kid in there since this season is seemingly lost. He's not ready. He's not 100% healthy,and throwing him to the wolves could ruin his confidence at this point.I'm glad MM is not listening to the so-called experts on this one. Stick with Drew,and make the switch around game 14.

122191[/snapback]

Start Losman when he is ready, not a minute sooner and not a minute later.

I dont mind not starting him but would it really hurt for him to get time in the 2nd half of games?

122217[/snapback]

Maybe sort of easing him in is the way to go. Let him get his feet wet during garbage time then have him start toward the end of the season. His leg is a concern to me. He said himself that he was thinking about it when he played,that tells me it probably still pains him.Let it heal completely,this season is lost anyway.I keep reading these media guys saying to start him now. What's the advantage of rushing him in on a bad leg?

He's not ready. He's not 100% healthy,and throwing him to the wolves could ruin his confidence at this point.I'm glad MM is not listening to the so-called experts on this one. Stick with Drew,and make the switch around game 14.

1) Let me see if I've got this straight.... you think that MM inserted a rookie QB into a game that had long been decided and he wasn't 100% healthy? WTF? If he ain't healthy, then why risk putting him in a game that has already been decided.

2) Stick with Drew.... Did we learn anything from the Larry Holmes vs. Muhammed Ali debacle? Is this how you'd like to see Drew go out?

122191[/snapback]

Sticking with Drew goes along with the same mentality of the kid with the mixing bowl on his head running into the wall...he thinks hes gonna break through, even though the rest of the world knows hes just gonna knock himself out...

I dont mind not starting him but would it really hurt for him to get time in the 2nd half of games?

122217[/snapback]

Not at all, I'm cool with your idea of Matthews starting, JP finishing...

at least for the next few games until the last quarter of the season,

when JP becomes the full-time starter.

As for Drew,

1. deactivate him

2. send him back to Montana

3. cut him on June 1, 2005

1) Let me see if I've got this straight.... you think that MM inserted a rookie QB into a game that had long been decided and he wasn't 100% healthy?  WTF? If he ain't healthy, then why risk putting him in a game that has already been decided.

2) Stick with Drew.... Did we learn anything from the Larry Holmes vs. Muhammed Ali debacle?  Is this how you'd like to see Drew go out?

122257[/snapback]

1.You don't think the NFL rushes people back on the field before they're 100%? You must be pretty naive.Sometimes it's called for. In this case it's not,our season is already lost. 2.Yes,stick with Drew for a few more weeks. I'm not concerned with how Drew goes out. I'm concerned with our teams future.

1.You don't think the NFL rushes people back on the field before they're 100%? You must be pretty naive.Sometimes it's called for. In this case it's not,our season is already lost.                                                                                                2.Yes,stick with Drew for a few more weeks. I'm not concerned with how Drew goes out. I'm concerned with our teams future.

122274[/snapback]

Uh yeah they do and it's called 'that's why you make the big bucks'

Start him ASAP, that is the ONLY way he can be 'ready'

122216[/snapback]

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

Do you mean start him before he is healthy if he has shown untoward swelling from his brief appearance or he has limitations in his range of motion prompted by his first game stress on his fracture?

Do you mean start him if we feel he has not absorbed the playbook adequately or can't properly read MFL defenses to protect himself or his teammates or have any chance of suceeding?

Do you mean start him if we still feel that his mechanics are so college like that he will ingrain bad habits in his play and fail to build chemistry with Evans and his other receivers.

I say:

122217[/snapback]

Agreed, he can get PT that all players need to improve their games by playing as a reserve in sidnificant periods of the 2nd half and even in mop-up time.

In fact, he will be playing against NFL competition and against NFL level speed in practice. Though this do not compare at all to playing in real games it also does not compare at all to playing against college level talent where you can throw off-balance or off the wrong foot and still make TDs.

I say:

Maybe sort of easing him in is the way to go. Let him get his feet wet during garbage time then have him start toward the end of the season. His leg is a concern to me. He said himself that he was thinking about it when he played,that tells me it probably still pains him.Let it heal completely,this season is lost anyway.I keep reading these media guys saying to start him now. What's the advantage of rushing him in on a bad leg?

122255[/snapback]

Agreed. Start Losman when he is ready, not a minute sooner and not a minute later.

Agreed. Start Losman when he is ready, not a minute sooner and not a minute later.

122301[/snapback]

Hey FFS Losman says you are full of stevestojan. Go listen to his new QandA Session. He IS Ready, just give him some snaps in practice.

Playing in real games at real speed is the ONLY WAY! Even losman says so. Too bad the rookie gets it and the geeks behind the keyboard typing out an essay on every damn post doesn't

Hey FFS Losman says you are full of stevestojan. Go listen to his new QandA Session.  He IS Ready, just give him some snaps in practice.

Playing in real games at real speed is the ONLY WAY!  Even losman says so.  Too bad the rookie gets it and the geeks behind the keyboard typing out an essay on every damn post doesn't

122308[/snapback]

Geeks? Wow.I had forgotten what a dumbass you are.

Geeks? Wow.I had forgotten what a dumbass you are.

122318[/snapback]

Yeah GEEK. As in John clayton, never played sports but is an expert geek. BTW...I was talking to FFS, but since you jumped in are you feeling that this might apply to you for some reason? hummmm...

1) Let me see if I've got this straight.... you think that MM inserted a rookie QB into a game that had long been decided and he wasn't 100% healthy?  WTF? If he ain't healthy, then why risk putting him in a game that has already been decided.

2) Stick with Drew.... Did we learn anything from the Larry Holmes vs. Muhammed Ali debacle?  Is this how you'd like to see Drew go out?

122257[/snapback]

1) I think the fact that MM put him means that JP is physically healthy from the fracture. I doubt he takes many chances with the Bill's QB of the future. The team has shown with how they handled the rehab of WM that they are pretty conservative medically. They resisted the wails of fans who wanted him playing last year, or even calling him a wasted draft pick because he did not start right away this year. I think it is really a bit bizarre how some folks declare that there is some set in stone standard when a draft pick, particularly a 1st rounder must play and produce. Eric Mould's career says no.

I think the big health issue to consider here is not whether JP is recovered from the break, but instead how does he respond to typical NFL pounding. Spme irrationally called immediately for him to be starter. However, good medicine and good football says that JP can't be declared ready to start until a couple of days after the game (even if you judged his knowledge of the NFL offenses/defenses and his mechanics sufficient to start) until you are sure that your QB of the future has no untoward swelling at the site of the injury and no limitations in his range of motion from the typical pounding of NFL play on the injury.

2. If the season were in the balance, I'd say start the players who give you the best chance to win the game. However, as the season is virtually over, I think that a key to winning in the future is showing that loyalty and being a teammate counts. Drew is done as a Bill from my perspective as a player, but since it does not matter a lot whether we win 4, 6, or 7 games (I guess it matters to Parcells) I think that it is important that the TEAM give its anointed standard bearers (even if they werestupid to anoint him) a chance to go down with some semblance of dignity.

If it meant a playoff difference things would be different. At some point seeing the old vet flail around the merciful thing for him will be to bench him. If anything my major concern with Bledsoe right now is that I think that Matthews may give the team better practice than Bledsoe. s for JP:

Yeah GEEK.  As in John clayton, never played sports but is an expert geek. BTW...I was talking to FFS, but since you jumped in are you feeling that this might apply to you for some reason? hummmm...

122320[/snapback]

I don't know why it always seems to get personal on this board when you're just trying to have a FOOTBALL discussion. I just don't get it. I've never met you and you have never met me. But I am POSITIVE if you met me face to face you wouldn't call me a geek.