Further proof...

MaineMoxie

Keith Ellison goes on IR, further depleting their already thin linebacking corps, and who takes his roster spot? A DB. Maybe we should just play nothing but DBs on both sides of the ball. We have two - two! - healthy DTs and we're starting third-stringers on the O-line, but let's fill that roster spot with a DB because, you know, you never can have too many DBs. Heck, why not just play the prevent the whole game? :lol:

Keith Ellison goes on IR, further depleting their already thin linebacking corps, and who takes his roster spot? A DB. Maybe we should just play nothing but DBs on both sides of the ball. We have two - two! - healthy DTs and we're starting third-stringers on the O-line, but let's fill that roster spot with a DB because, you know, you never can have too many DBs. Heck, why not just play the prevent the whole game? :lol:

I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt for at least a few days before throwing him under the bus.

Seems like a credible guy. We don't have any backup at DT. Sad but true.

Maybe Harris can be a ball hawking corner to complement Byrd's inside game.

Give the guy a break will ya, its not his fault there is no depth on this team, or that it's a M.A.S.H. unit, he's playing the cards he's dealt. Why even complain about it, or is that what you do?

That's what we all do on this site.

But there is something he could do. He could promote someone other than a DB. Or perhaps go scavenging on other teams' practice squads for LBs.

That's what we all do on this site.

But there is something he could do. He could promote someone other than a DB. Or perhaps go scavenging on other teams' practice squads for LBs.

Maybe DJ and John Guy should be held accountable let's give PErry his honeymoon.

Next week we will see how he further molds the roster. This week the signing of Brohm was an excellent start.

Maybe DJ and John Guy should be held accountable let's give PErry his honeymoon.

Next week we will see how he further molds the roster. This week the signing of Brohm was an excellent start.

Yeah, I'll give him that. I'd love to see Brohm actually work out because I really don't want to wait for yet another draftee to develop. I am a little disappointed they never gave Hamdan a shot, though. I was curious about his ability in a real game situation.

Yeah, I'll give him that. I'd love to see Brohm actually work out because I really don't want to wait for yet another draftee to develop. I am a little disappointed they never gave Hamdan a shot, though. I was curious about his ability in a real game situation.

Brohm is more like what you really want in your #3 QB. A younger player that you are developing that might actually become an asset at some point. Hamdan first entered the NFL in 2003 and has thrown exactly 1 completion (in 03 no less) in all that time. If he couldn't even earn a look given the Bills offensive situation...

Keith Ellison goes on IR, further depleting their already thin linebacking corps, and who takes his roster spot? A DB. Maybe we should just play nothing but DBs on both sides of the ball. We have two - two! - healthy DTs and we're starting third-stringers on the O-line, but let's fill that roster spot with a DB because, you know, you never can have too many DBs. Heck, why not just play the prevent the whole game? :(

What are you talking about? Seth McKinney was outstanding at DT. lol.

Give the guy a break will ya, its not his fault there is no depth on this team, or that it's a M.A.S.H. unit, he's playing the cards he's dealt. Why even complain about it, or is that what you do?

We will bring in someone and let Fewell go, who then will go on to coach somewhere else with success, and probably come back to haunt us like many players have done in the past.

What proof do you need besides the lowest rated run defense in the NFL with one of the most expensive Defensive Lines in the league with Stroud, Schobel, Kelsay and others making millions on top of millions. Not to mention 1st and 2nd rounders all over the defense, and they didn't even look prepared against the Titans last weekend. The reason he is there a interim HC now, as far as I am guessing is that Ralph wanted to keep DJ for the whole season, otherwise he would have canned him before the bye, but the pressure from the fans and media just got to be too much for him so he acted off the cuff without a real plan yet to succeed him. That coupled with the fact that putting Fewell in as a interim Head Coach doesn't add a new salary to the payroll, and he will be interviewed, with little to no chance of being selected as the new HC to meet the minority requirement.

Keith Ellison goes on IR, further depleting their already thin linebacking corps, and who takes his roster spot? A DB. Maybe we should just play nothing but DBs on both sides of the ball. We have two - two! - healthy DTs and we're starting third-stringers on the O-line, but let's fill that roster spot with a DB because, you know, you never can have too many DBs. Heck, why not just play the prevent the whole game? :(

um, with McGee unlikely to play, and Youboty out, Byrd nursing a groin injury and BScott likely to finish the season at LB, did you happen to notice that the Bills are suddenly down in the defensive backfield?

no, guess not.

jw

He is not going to be our HC or DC. He has 7 games left to be employed by the Bills. Ralph will have to spend BIG for a GM or a HC/GM that is a 'name' to get the fanbase back and keep from losing the remaining fans.

Fewell is done.

Next eseason Fewell will eaither be the head coach of the Bills or someones DB coach.

Feast or famine and most likely famine.

It will be tough for him to get a coordinators job.

Another career toileted by DJ (see Losman, Edwards, McCargo, etc.etc.)

um, with McGee unlikely to play, and Youboty out, Byrd nursing a groin injury and BScott likely to finish the season at LB, did you happen to notice that the Bills are suddenly down in the defensive backfield?

no, guess not.

jw

Of course, the fact that BScott is apparently now one of the top three LBs on the team should be enough to give us all pause.

You cant polish a Turd....It doesnt matter who takes over the rest of the season...

they replaced Ellison with a DB because both Youboty and McGee are going to miss this game which would have left them with only 3 corners...they already moved Scott from Safety to LB because of Ellisons injury the week before

maybe if you paid attention a little you would actually understand things like the fact that Fewell has zero chance of coaching the team beyond this season no matter what and that it really doesnt matter what happens the rest of the way :(

Keith Ellison goes on IR, further depleting their already thin linebacking corps, and who takes his roster spot? A DB. Maybe we should just play nothing but DBs on both sides of the ball. We have two - two! - healthy DTs and we're starting third-stringers on the O-line, but let's fill that roster spot with a DB because, you know, you never can have too many DBs. Heck, why not just play the prevent the whole game? :blink:

I believe that Perry was a DB when he played, and started his professional coaching career as a DB coach. Isn't this the same path that DJ took?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong... not that you need that invitation!

I believe that Perry was a DB when he played, and started his professional coaching career as a DB coach. Isn't this the same path that DJ took?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong... not that you need that invitation!

No, I think you're right. Which isn't very encouraging, at least not from the perspective of Fewell as a potential head coach.

My dream would be for the Bills to get an offense guy--like Mike Shanahan--to be the head coach, and for them to hire a real GM. Someone other than Brandon to stop Shanahan from messing things up on that side of the street.