I dont know about you guys but I hope Shanahan doesnt

I know this would stiff Perry Fewell but I would run down my street naked if the Bills just told Shanahan that we dont want you to visit anybody else and make him an offer he cant refuse when he comes to visit......

Even if it was a situation that they brought him in as a consultant for the remainder of the year with a deal in place to be signed after the season was over in time to prepare for the draft.

WE DONT SIGN PEOPLE WHO LEAVE BUFFALO WITHOUT A CONTRACT

Guest dog14787
I know this would stiff Perry Fewell but I would run down my street naked if the Bills just told Shanahan that we dont want you to visit anybody else and make him an offer he cant refuse when he comes to visit......

Even if it was a situation that they brought him in as a consultant for the remainder of the year with a deal in place to be signed after the season was over in time to prepare for the draft.

WE DONT SIGN PEOPLE WHO LEAVE BUFFALO WITHOUT A CONTRACT

It would be ideal to sign Mike Shanahan, but allow him to wait until the off season before he actually takes charge so he can put together a good coaching staff.

This way Shanahan can evaluate the team from a player perspective in between now and when his contract actually starts.

I do like the idea of bringing Shanahan in now even as a consultant, I just don't think its something RW will do because of the cost, although I suppose its possible RW and Mike Shanahn could work something out.

It would be ideal to sign Mike Shanahan, but allow him to wait until the off season before he actually takes charge so he can put together a good coaching staff.

This way Shanahan can evaluate the team from a player perspective in between now and when his contract actually starts.

I do like the idea of bringing Shanahan in now even as a consultant, I just don't think its something RW will do because of the cost, although I suppose its possible RW and Mike Shanahn could work something out.

Of course Shanahan would never take over as coach mid-season, that's not even an option. But they could hire him as GM or consultant as you suggested. I just don't see Ralph hiring a HC/GM...