Why Shanahan MUST be hired

crazyDingo

"...Since Belichick became coach of the Patriots in 2000, he is 2-5 against Shanahan's Broncos, including postseason games. Belichick's record is 103-35 against all other teams in that span and doesn't have a losing record against any of them. "

http://www.santafenewmexican.com/Sports/It...n-vs--Belichick

I know this makes a world of sense on one hand and we have the Bills front office on the other hand, but still...

"...Since Belichick became coach of the Patriots in 2000, he is 2-5 against Shanahan's Broncos, including postseason games. Belichick's record is 103-35 against all other teams in that span and doesn't have a losing record against any of them. "

I know this makes a world of sense on one hand and we have the Bills front office on the other hand, but still...

shannahan runs the football. its a nice concept. he actually runs it on 3 and 2. he doesnt go shotgun or play action. he runs the football. we have 2 good running backs. it be nice to use them on short yardage downs. its also nice to see a creative coach - and not creative by going for a fake punt at your own 30 in the 3rd quarter.

hes a great option along with schottenheimer. the montreal guy would also be a big plus. haslett is ok - hes better than DJ but might be better as a coordinator

shannahan runs the football. its a nice concept. he actually runs it on 3 and 2. he doesnt go shotgun or play action. he runs the football. we have 2 good running backs. it be nice to use them on short yardage downs. its also nice to see a creative coach - and not creative by going for a fake punt at your own 30 in the 3rd quarter.

hes a great option along with schottenheimer. the montreal guy would also be a big plus. haslett is ok - hes better than DJ but might be better as a coordinator

just look at the blocking systems he ran in Denver...they seemed to have a 1000 yard rusher every year and when he had a stud running back, they were almost unstopable. Sure Elway was a legend but it was Davis that made that team a champion.

Jason Smith on ESPN radio early this morning was on tirade about how Shanahan would never go to Buffalo, and that the very idea is laughable. It was quite the nasty rant, but he made all the usual points about Ralph's age, the fact that the team probably won't be around much longer, and that it's a small unattractive market. Hopefully Smith is wrong, and Ralph's money talks... Who knows? The Bills are still an NFL franchise.

Anyway, I now consider Jason Smith a "bad guy" whose name will appear in red! :lol:

Well, with three thoroughbreds like them on the open market, the odds are pretty good we'll get one of them.

I love your optimism, but don't be so sure, so you won't be disappointed. Afterall these are the Buffalo Bills and Ralph"Spend as Little as Possible" Wilson we are talking about here. I will believe they actually have found a clue with regards to running an NFL franchise when they prove such to me.

Jason Smith on ESPN radio early this morning was on tirade about how Shanahan would never go to Buffalo, and that the very idea is laughable. It was quite the nasty rant, but he made all the usual points about Ralph's age, the fact that the team probably won't be around much longer, and that it's a small unattractive market. Hopefully Smith is wrong, and Ralph's money talks... Who knows? The Bills are still an NFL franchise.

Anyway, I now consider Jason Smith a "bad guy" whose name will appear in red! :lol:

The saddest thing about it is, alot of Bills fans were thinking the same exact thing. I still don't believe he would come here, not with some of the other teams that are going to have vacant HC positions. I really hope they sign a name coach, and me personally, Shanahan would be my first choice over Cowher or anyone else, but my money says it is going to be either another retread losing HC or another young coordinator who comes much cheaper than any of the name coaches will.

The saddest thing about it is, alot of Bills fans were thinking the same exact thing. I still don't believe he would come here, not with some of the other teams that are going to have vacant HC positions. I really hope they sign a name coach, and me personally, Shanahan would be my first choice over Cowher or anyone else, but my money says it is going to be either another retread losing HC or another young coordinator who comes much cheaper than any of the name coaches will.

I like Cowher better for one reason - the drafts he was part of. Shanny didn't seem to do that end of it well.

I'd LOVE Shanahan to come here as think outside his record against Belichick you have to love the fact that he only had 2 losing seasons in 14 seasons in Denver, of course he did have 1 1/4 losing seasons with Los Angeles (Raiders). Yet I also like that he is also a guru of the WCO which I think is the best offense for Trent Edwards, assuming we keep him, Marshawn Lynch and Fred Jackson. Lee Evans might not fit but Shanahan did good things with Eddie Royal last year as a rookie. Also his prescense might help us land a free agent or two. Two names worth looking at are his TE in Denver Tony Sheffler and LB DJ Williams both due to be UFA in 2010 and think both be improvements on our current roster.