If Shanahan is hired... what players are out of Buffalo?

Here's (the notables) who I think will be gone

-Trent Edwards

-Gibran Hamdan

-Ryan Denney

-John McCargo

-Roscoe Parrish

Suprise Cuts?

-Paul Posluszny

-Donte Whitner

Don't think Lil Donte or Pos will be cut outright, they have some trade value.

why would you cut TE's?..even if he's not a starter, he's still good enough to be a 2nd Qb...I'd keep TE's and let him compete for 2nd or 3rd string QB...there are not enough QB's out there right now to go and cut all 3 of our QB's and start fresh...here's a list of next years QB's..I might see getting one of them but not 2 or 3..well maybe 2 but definatly not 3...btw, we have Brohm now, anybody know how good he is and whether or not he could replace TE's as a #2 behind one of these guys or a rookie?

2010 list of free agent QB's:

QB Charlie Batch (UFA)

QB Kyle Boller (UFA)

QB Mark Brunell (UFA)

QB Jason Campbell (UFA)

QB Kellen Clemens (UFA)

QB Brodie Croyle (UFA)

QB Jake Delhomme (UFA)

QB Tarvaris Jackson (UFA)

QB Jon Kitna (UFA)

QB Eli Manning (UFA) - stays with NY

QB Josh McCown (UFA)

QB Matt Moore (RFA)

QB Kyle Orton (RFA) - most likely to stay with Broncos

QB Chris Redman (UFA)

QB Ben Roethlisberger (UFA) - stays with the Steelers

QB Sage Rosenfels (UFA)

QB D.J. Shockley (UFA)

QB Troy Smith (RFA)

QB Brian St. Pierre (UFA)

QB Charlie Whitehurst (UFA)

since when is the third-string qb "notable?" has he played a down ever? and if his name was "Joe Jones" instead of the cool-sounding "Gilbran Hamdan," would anybody give a f whether he was on the roster or not?

just asking. i still do not get the man-love for this guy. every time i've sen him play in the pre-season he looks terrible.

Here's (the notables) who I think will be gone

-Trent Edwards

-Gibran Hamdan

-Ryan Denney

-John McCargo

-Roscoe Parrish

Suprise Cuts?

-Paul Posluszny

-Donte Whitner

NONE, Now they need to make some more moves in the off season in regards to the rest of the coaching staff and things will change for the better.

If player changes are to be made they had better start with the offensive line, which is currently the worst in the NFL and causing the problems for the offense.

NONE, Now they need to make some more moves in the off season in regards to the rest of the coaching staff and things will change for the better.

If player changes are to be made they had better start with the offensive line, which is currently the worst in the NFL and causing the problems for the offense.

I have to disagree with this. The o-line is a bunch of rooks. What I'd like to see happen is the defense getting revamped with some beef and not all these light weight panty wearing pu$$ies we have now. Either way dont expect much out of this team for a couple years unless we cinderella a season.

I've come around on Whitner this year. It sucks that he is hurt. He was all over the field before he got hurt.

Denney's contract is up. So they don't need to cut him.

Does Lynch qualify as a 'suprise' cut? He hasn't looked great all year. Is anyone really going to be suprised if McCargo, Ellison or Parrish is cut?

The only 'suprise' cut I could see is Schobel. I would be suprised because he's had a decent year. I guess Poz would qualify as a surprise cut, only because a lot of people love the Polish kid.

Shanahan was great in denver with running backs. If he is hired I would like to see what he can do with Lynch's talent

I think it's more that Shanahan was great with offensive lines, which is what this team needs more than anything.

Why cut players?

Management has been busily cutting off their own nuts for some time.

7 WRs on a roster on a club with a mediocre pass attack - An OL that a professional juggler would have trouble with - LBs that would be big bad bullies in the NCAA Div. III circuit - DLs defending the flat...

i like poz but it just seems he realy doesn't do anything. he makes some tackles but he's not a force by any means. lack of big plays, which are INT's, sacks, FF. He rarley gets in the backfield to make stops for losses. I don't think you get rid of him yet because he is slightly above average and you need the depth.

Shanahan's track record with personnel is a lot more successful on the offensive side of the ball, so that's where I'd look for the biggest changes - but on that side we're so young anyway. In Denver (in the later years) he brought in a lot of terrible defensive FAs (mostly from the Browns) and their D was horrific.

since when is the third-string qb "notable?" has he played a down ever? and if his name was "Joe Jones" instead of the cool-sounding "Gilbran Hamdan," would anybody give a f whether he was on the roster or not?

just asking. i still do not get the man-love for this guy. every time i've sen him play in the pre-season he looks terrible.

only if he has chroise!