It's Nice To See Some OL Discussion Here

R. Rich

Whether people agree on certain players or not, it's still nice to see that more people realize the offensive line is and, to me, always has been a key issue needing to be addressed. I said this around the time of the NFL Draft this year AND last year, only to hear how we needed to get skill players more. I still feel that building a great offensive line, then a great defense, should be the top priorities and everything else should come once that is done.

Whether people agree on certain players or not, it's still nice to see that more people realize the offensive line is and, to me, always has been a key issue needing to be addressed.  I said this around the time of the NFL Draft this year AND last year, only to hear how we needed to get skill players more.  I still fell that building a great offensive line, then a great defense, should be the top priority and everything else should come once that is done.

121626[/snapback]

But rich now buddy TD is all over it :doh: He even says this week in his lame assed resposes that 'we look at the OL each year and evaluate blah blah blah'

EVERY Member of the Buffalo Bills is now a TD pick. Draft, FA whatever. Now, I and others on this board are aledgedly NOT smart enough to be 'football personel' but we can see BOTH lines are the key to everything. Now how is it ol' Whitey can't figure that out?

Here is a concept, how about we had cut Bledsoe, Kept our pick on Losman and picked up someone like Volek. I mean make a real offer. THEN Spend TONS on the OL. Contact Seattle or St. Louis and make one of their Franchise LT's an offer. If we are going to lose a 1st or two then why not on a VETERAN STUD LEFT TACKLE? Have Jennings be part of the compensation package as well. MW moves to LG, Price at RT. Now all we need is a center.

Damn....but we don't know anything do we big buddy? :w00t:

Anyone else notice Jason Peters wearing # 71 last sunday night.

121628[/snapback]

Let the great O-line experiments begin. It would be nice if Peters would be a diamond in the rough dominant tackle (I can dream). Put Williams in at left guard and see if he can be dominant there, try Teague at tackle. We need a new left tackle (Jennings is gone), Guard (hey MW it's time to make good use of your draft position), center (Teague is not a good center plain and simple, can Bannon play center?), and left tackle (see MW). At least they have almost half a season to see if the answers are on this team right now. I'm tired of hearing they need more time to gel, these guys are inconsistently below average at the most and are the worst o-line in the league more often than not.

Let the great O-line experiments begin. It would be nice if Peters would be a diamond in the rough dominant tackle (I can dream). Put Williams in at left guard and see if he can be dominant there, try Teague at tackle. We need a new left tackle (Jennings is gone), Guard (hey MW it's time to make good use of your draft position), center (Teague is not a good center plain and simple, can Bannon play center?), and left tackle (see MW). At least they have almost half a season to see if the answers are on this team right now. I'm tired of hearing they need more time to gel, these guys are inconsistently below average at the most and are the worst o-line in the league more often than not.

121662[/snapback]

why not just put Matthews in at QB and eliminate the need to overhaul the entire line.

I like the idea of Price at RT and Williams at LG. How much is Jennings going to cost? Can he be retained?

Dude... why would you want to retain an LT that ranks somewhere between 22-32... and one that has never played a full season? His best position is RT. If he stayed there, he'd rank somewhere between 14-19 at his position. He's a RT that thinks he's deserving of top 5 LT pay. No way, Jose'!

Here is a concept, how about we had cut Bledsoe, Kept our pick on Losman and picked up someone like Volek. I mean make a real offer. THEN Spend TONS on the OL. Contact Seattle or St. Louis and make one of their Franchise LT's an offer. If we are going to lose a 1st or two then why not on a VETERAN STUD LEFT TACKLE?  Have Jennings be part of the compensation package as well. MW moves to LG, Price at RT. Now all we need is a center. 

121640[/snapback]

Well all I can say too that is A-Freaking-Men ICE...

Of coarse that is exactly what I wanted to do and wore my keyboard out writing as much this past off season...Pete and I agreed on just about everything...Pete wanted Garcia, I wanted Volek...I say we'd be a hell of a lot better off right now with either QB over DB...

And here's the thing that just bugged the heck out of me to no end, and I kept wondering out loud about it right here on TSW. It would seem to me that any GM would have absolutely jumped at the chance to get all that Cap money back with zero ramifications...I mean...it's what GM's live for is it not? You're able to dump an aging Vet QB with zero, none, notta Cap penalty...NONE...Then you get to be creative in filling the QB spot, and spending the rest of the freaking cash on an O-Line, and a Roster overall that could use the talent...period...I'll just never in a million years understand how TD could not jump at the opportunity...It still baffles me to this day...

So those who still want to point to the O-Line problems, just remember there was plenty of cash sitting right infront of TD to improve the O-Line...But he told us Drew was fixable instead...Fixable to the tune of barely a 70 QB Rating, 55% of his Passes completed, and more INT's than TD's...

Way to go Tom... :lol:

agreed...

i have been saying this ever since i watched a 2nd (possibly a 3rd string quality) QB in Mark Rypien tore the Bills a new one in the Super Bowl.

Was it because Rypien was a HOF QB? Well that is a silly question.

Of course not...it wasn't even that much to do with coaching as it was the fact the HOGS gave the QB enough time to sit in the pocket and build an "erector set"....read a magazine...and then have a cup of coffee before he decided the throw the ball.

To be perfectly honest..i even think Bledsoe would look good behind a "HOG" style line.