Prediction...Fewell will do well

SuperBills12

How do I know? I don't. But at least he's vocal and calls people out when necessary....Don't be surprised if the players rally around him and we pull off a few unexpected wins.

If by "well" you mean better than DJ, then I agree. You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shite which is basically what he has to do given this roster. Here's to hoping that he does Fe-well!

Only thing is IF somehow Fewell did well and IF he kept his job, there's a very high probability that this loser Tampa 2 D scheme would also be kept, and this just can't be allowed to happen.

Prediction for this week: Maybin gets his first sack. McCargo steps up big time. Byrd gets an INT.

Bills win

How do I know? I don't. But at least he's vocal and calls people out when necessary....Don't be surprised if the players rally around him and we pull off a few unexpected wins.

I have to agree with you. Getting in people's faces and demanding accountability is half the battle. Yes, I know of the old argument that the HC should not HAVE to motivate professionals, but it sure as hell helps IMO. Lou Saban was a motivator. Vince Lombardi was a motivator. Most of the great coaches are also great motivators in addition to knowing their X's and O's. A coach demanding accountability and calling people out is OK by me.

I highly doubt everything except byrd..

Here is my rationale:

McCargo looked good for the first time ever last week and because we are so thin, will play a lot.

Maybin has a new coach who may not be such a kitty and actually play his and give him more significant time.

Byrd, well, that one is obvious.

Bills usually have a good showing against this opponent.

Anybody who thinks the defense will suddenly come to life this week has to remember: Fewell has been on the sidelines coaching the D the last 4 years. If he hasn't been getting in the D's face all that time, how is being HC gonna change anything? If anything, it's the offense that will be under the fire, if Fewell lets them have it on the sidelines. Which I doubt.

Anybody who thinks the defense will suddenly come to life this week has to remember: Fewell has been on the sidelines coaching the D the last 4 years. If he hasn't been getting in the D's face all that time, how is being HC gonna change anything? If anything, it's the offense that will be under the fire, if Fewell lets them have it on the sidelines. Which I doubt.

DJ bred a culture of pathetecism and made it his team.

Fewell now does not have to tread the line. D will be better, O will be better.

Almost have to be better, it is a matter of degree. I think they will significantly imprvoe and quickly.

It'll come to life with the new 3-2-6 defense being brewed up in the cauldron... :lol:

Fewell will difinitely complicate the Bills coaching search. He will do well enough that he will be a contender for the job. Add in the fact that few if any of the big name guys want to coach the Bills and it may come down to Fewell or a Haslet, Fassell or Trestmann. If that is the case I hope the Bills will refocus their search on a quality GM and let that guy decide who should be head coach.

PTR

Fewell will difinitely complicate the Bills coaching search. He will do well enough that he will be a contender for the job. Add in the fact that few if any of the big name guys want to coach the Bills and it may come down to Fewell or a Haslet, Fassell or Trestmann. If that is the case I hope the Bills will refocus their search on a quality GM and let that guy decide who should be head coach.

PTR

Agree on the GM thing, however, we did that with Donahoe and got mularkey. Hopefully we catch a second coming of polian, not an old retread.

Agree on the GM thing, however, we did that with Donahoe and got mularkey. Hopefully we catch a second coming of polian, not an old retread.

THAT is the real nut! How do you hire anyone...a coach, a QB, or GM...and know they are going to win? Donahoe had a track record coming in. He looked like a strong hire. How did that turn out? Bill Polian, on the other hand, was working in the USFL and no real NFL experience.

We know Ralph can't pick a winner. Maybe Russ Brandon can? I pray he can because anyone hwo thinks they can buy a Super Bowl with a marquis name will be sadly disappointed.

PTR