qualified coaches

ishouldbegm

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah all those guys would be great but guaranteed the list of guys we bring in looks more like this.........

Scott Linehan

Butch Davis

Bobby Petrino

Mike Tice

:D:rolleyes::rolleyes:

linehan is a disaster waiting to happen. maybe okay as an asst but sucks as the lead guy.

Exactly.

Thing is, if Russ is looking into a true GM, Cowher won't be here.

I think the dark horse is Dungy. Kinda been having that feeling for a little

while. Only thing is, don't want it to be with Vick.

I'd prefer Cowher based on his ability to build teams who compete in bad weather, but if we had Dungy I wouldn't mind. Vick is done as far as being significant in the NFL, but if he came to Buffalo, I would stop watching. That guy is a sociopathic a-hole. I'm all for second chances, but not for people who have a complete disregard for life and kill for fun, human or otherwise.

i dont want any coordinators only people who have been head coaches

Bill Cowher

Jon gruden

holmgren

Marty Schottenheimer

Mike Shanahan

Bob Stoops

mike leach

jim harbaugh

those are the only guys i could picture winning a SB

Right on!

Gruden will remain in broadcasting next year. Cowher will demand more than he is worth. Shanahan will probably go to Dallas or Washington. I like Holmgren and Schottenheimer.

I will even say that Jim Harbaugh would be an intriguing prospect (and the only one I would consider not of Pro coaching experience).

If the Bills are going to hire a non SB winner I'd rather see someone like Mike Nolan or Cam Cameron get a shot before some of the other failures mentioned. These two didn't make it in their first stint at head coach, but they certainly make great coordinators.

I think it all come down to what your supporting staff can do, Mike Nolan hired Mike Singletary as his DC a and Mike Martz as his OC, and Martz was a complete failure. The 49er offense was horrid and Martz was to blame, Singletary is doing well as the Nolan replacement.

Right on!

Gruden will remain in broadcasting next year. Cowher will demand more than he is worth. Shanahan will probably go to Dallas or Washington. I like Holmgren and Schottenheimer.

I will even say that Jim Harbaugh would be an intriguing prospect (and the only one I would consider not of Pro coaching experience).

Gruden will be coaching next year, he has already stated he misses it and is ready to talk about a new job.

Jack Del Rio.

Also, another name that people might want to pay attention to is Jim Haslett. Obviously not my choice, but that's an ultimate Buffalo move right there.

I like Del Rio. People say that team has underachieved, but I thought all along the Jags SB hype before last season was fools gold and the team just played way over their heads in '07. The Bills could certainly and probably will do worse. The only problem there is I don't think he's a personnel guy so you'd need a GM as well.

Yah, Haslett sucks.

I see Ralph as a creature of habit and when crisis arises he runs to comfort. The last time the Bills were this bad for this long a period of time he reached into the bag and pulled out Chuck Knox and signed him to a 6 year 1.2 million dollar contract. $200k per season in an era when Jack Lambert had to hold out to get that much the year before. I wasn't around at the time but I'm guessing that was pretty close to stupid money for a coach and Knox had just come off a run with the Rams that was very very impressive and was only 46 years old. He'd have been a hot commodity and he would be today in similar circumstances. Imagine a 46 year old FA coach with a 54-15 career record who won 10 games in 5 of 5 years, made the playoffs in 5 of 5 years and made it to the NFC title game 3 times in 5 years. How hot a coach would that be? That's the guy Ralph went out and got at that point.

While I won't believe it until I see it he does have a past track record of doing something like that.

However, I hope he also realizes that this is not the time to cheap out on a GM either. We need a real GM with a good track record and they ain't cheap.

No way Dungy would give up coaching a great organization like the colts, take one year off, and make his comeback with a team with one of the worst situations in the nfl.

Well if he wants to get back into coaching, it's not like the Colts are going to take him back, or the Patriots are going to fire Bellicheck for him. Point is, he has to go somewhere...Why not Buffalo. Same thing with Cowher.

If the Bills are going to hire a non SB winner I'd rather see someone like Mike Nolan or Cam Cameron get a shot before some of the other failures mentioned.

Get outta town with that Mike Nolan stuff. His teams were horrid in San Francisco. I live in Seattle and also root for the Seahawks so I saw his team alot. He stinks. Made such great moves as starting a bad rookie who sucked over a Super Bowl winning QB. If that's the best we can do we should have kept Dick.

Did you watch the Dolphins at all in 2007? Just because a guys a good co ordinator doesn't mean he'll be a good HC. Ever heard of Gregg Williams and Mike Mularkey?

We need a proven winning NFL coach. There's enough of 'em out there. We should be able to get one.

Who has done more with less in a shorter amount of time. His brother is also coaching in the NFL which will help no doubt. Also has his fathers brain to pick. Has done a great job developing QBs too...

If its not Jim Harbaugh, the only other college coach I would like is Les Miles - LSU, he is the anti-juaron - think Rex Ryan but better. He works in a pro system too. Stoops and Leach no thanks.

The HOF coaches you named are acceptable too, but I would like to go with Harbaugh, and bring in some former NFL HCs to be OC/DC.

Ditto ... and has Belichick's don't care what you think about me attitude