"Bill-ievers" Own this Disaster of a Team

Gareson

Buffalo fans suffer, annually, from delusions of grandeur. Whether it be hiring retread vets, questionable coaches or celebrating meaningless pre-season wins, Bills fans "Bill-ieve" the hype every year and think they can "hope" a questionable franchise to excellence- even when what is on the field, and on the sidelines, is sub-par to any honest onlooker.

The expression "Bill-ieve" says it all- Bills fans, too many of them at least, think wants and wishes are enough to make an NFL team competitive.

What is the alternative to bring about real change? Well, they might- oh, I don't know, NOT BUY TICKETS or merchandise. But they give in, year after year, and "Billieve" the hype- buy into the b.s.- and give Ralph Wilson every good reason to field garbage while knowing "Bill-ieving" is good enough for his sheepish fanbase.

Even the so-called "bagheads" and "boobirds" fail. Oh sure, it's a good idea to send a message of displeasure- but they've bought their tickets to sit in the stands haven't they? Furthermore, one good drive, one long pass, one win over a lousy team, and those same verbally negative folks are often "Billievers" again too.

People don't like a post like this because they think you ought to support your team no matter what. The problem with that philosophy is that you aren't supporting success- you're supporting mediocrity(or worse).

Buffalo lost four Superbowls in a row- that was an embarrassment- not a badge of honor. As bad as that was- the franchise has only degraded since that time. The saddest truth of that demise- is that Bills fans own that drop-off as much as any player, coach or owner. They "Bill-ieved" when they shouldn't have, and sent the wrong message with their eternal optimism when confronted with a horrible product. They bought the p.o.s. in a box with "NFL" stamped on the outside and pretended it smelled like roses, or that it looked like a box of chocolate. In the end, all they did was buy(and cheer for) a p.o.s.

Buffalo fans suffer, annually, from delusions of grandeur. Whether it be hiring retread vets, questionable coaches or celebrating meaningless pre-season wins, Bills fans "Bill-ieve" the hype every year and think they can "hope" a questionable franchise to excellence- even when what is on the field, and on the sidelines, is sub-par to any honest onlooker.

The expression "Bill-ieve" says it all- Bills fans, too many of them at least, think wants and wishes are enough to make an NFL team competitive.

What is the alternative to bring about real change? Well, they might- oh, I don't know, NOT BUY TICKETS or merchandise. But they give in, year after year, and "Billieve" the hype- buy into the b.s.- and give Ralph Wilson every good reason to field garbage while knowing "Bill-ieving" is good enough for his sheepish fanbase.

Even the so-called "bagheads" and "boobirds" fail. Oh sure, it's a good idea to send a message of displeasure- but they've bought their tickets to sit in the stands haven't they? Furthermore, one good drive, one long pass, one win over a lousy team, and those same verbally negative folks are often "Billievers" again too.

People don't like a post like this because they think you ought to support your team no matter what. The problem with that philosophy is that you aren't supporting success- you're supporting mediocrity(or worse).

Buffalo lost four Superbowls in a row- that was an embarrassment- not a badge of honor. As bad as that was- the franchise has only degraded since that time. The saddest truth of that demise- is that Bills fans own that drop-off as much as any player, coach or owner. They "Bill-ieved" when they shouldn't have, and sent the wrong message with their eternal optimism when confronted with a horrible product. They bought the p.o.s. in a box with "NFL" stamped on the outside and pretended it smelled like roses, or that it looked like a box of chocolate. In the end, all they did was buy(and cheer for) a p.o.s.

In all reality, you are right.

I will only take exception to your argument that "Bill-ieving" during those Super Bowl years is an embarrassment. Sure, in a winner-takes-all culture, not winning a trophy would classify one as a "loser". But for a fan of the team, to have a shot each year to take home the trophy, and their yearly dominance of the AFC, was worth it.

After that, I could not agree more with you. May I introduce into evidence that perhaps this is why Wilson felt so comfortable handing the reins (atleast in part) to 'Barnum & Bailey' Brandon. No matter how pathetic the product, somehow the sizzle sold by the marketing department fills the seats.

I think at some level it may be criminal; as clearly the customers are being taken advantage of with the desire for football being quenched with the equivalent of liquid charcoal.

They sell alot of sizzle, but instead of steak all we have been getting for the past decade is a withered lettuce leaf.

In all reality, you are right.

I will only take exception to your argument that "Bill-ieving" during those Super Bowl years is an embarrassment. Sure, in a winner-takes-all culture, not winning a trophy would classify one as a "loser". But for a fan of the team, to have a shot each year to take home the trophy, and their yearly dominance of the AFC, was worth it.

After that, I could not agree more with you. May I introduce into evidence that perhaps this is why Wilson felt so comfortable handing the reins (atleast in part) to 'Barnum & Bailey' Brandon. No matter how pathetic the product, somehow the sizzle sold by the marketing department fills the seats.

I think at some level it may be criminal; as clearly the customers are being taken advantage of with the desire for football being quenched with the equivalent of liquid charcoal.

They sell alot of sizzle, but instead of steak all we have been getting for the past decade is a withered lettuce leaf.

Ralph's cynical abuse of the good people of buffalo is contemptable. The defense of him by any Bills fan, much less the polite applause of his HOF ring ceremony in front of the abused, is symptomatic of the mindset that allows him to repeatedly pull off his scam. He deserves much worse from the fans.

I don't buy this argument. Every other place in the NFL sells out and the quality of the team varies? Why should a fan be blamed for something. If you want to blame anyone, put it on Ralph for blundering key decisions on personnel and leadership. Do you think if Bill Polian was GM we'd still be in this mess? I don't.

The fans aren't to blame, the team's been marketed and done enough to create some type of optimism each year. Maybe the fans fell for it, but in the end, they don't have to buy the ticket if they don't want to.

Yeah. That will show em' Don't buy any gear or go to games. Then they will do what we the fans think needs to be done to get a winning product on the field. :censored:

With that being said, I BILLieve I am going to go buy a Bills jersey on the cheap. :oops:

...Buffalo lost four Superbowls in a row- that was an embarrassment- not a badge of honor....

It was frustrating, and disapointing to Bills nation and of course to the organization and players themselves. But to think that winning 4 consecutive AFC Championships to represent in 4 consecutive Super Bowls should be considered an embarrassment, is extremely shallow and ingnorant. They lost all 4 games, but guess what, they are still the only team in the 44 year history of the Super Bowl, to play in 4 consecutive ones. And so far, the Hall of Fame voters seem to disagree with your "embarrassment" take, since Levy, Kelly, Thomas and Smith were all voted in on their first ballots, Ralph Wilson made it in last year, and Andre Reed will make it soon enough.

Yeah. That will show em' Don't buy any gear or go to games. Then they will do what we the fans think needs to be done to get a winning product on the field. :thumbsup:

With that being said, I BILLieve I am going to go buy a Bills jersey on the cheap. :thumbsup:

They obviously stopped teaching people in Buffalo about the power of the boycott. Seriously, the way people talk about it, like this fella, you'd think they were poo pooing something truly ridiculous, not the best tool the consumer has ever had in the free market.

Pssst, BOYCOTTS WORK!

They obviously stopped teaching people in Buffalo about the power of the boycott. Seriously, the way people talk about it, like this fella, you'd think they were poo pooing something truly ridiculous, not the best tool the consumer has ever had in the free market.

Pssst, BOYCOTTS WORK!

I just heard Adam Schefter talking about the Browns situation in Cleveland. The owners there are feeling the heat from their fan base, Schefter says, to make a move to bring in a new GM sooner, rather than later. He says they are likely to hire someone before the season is over, who will decide the fate on Mangini. I would love it if Mr Wilson felt similar heat. Why not throw your long time fans a bone?

I just heard Adam Schefter talking about the Browns situation in Cleveland. The owners there are feeling the heat from their fan base, Schefter says, to make a move to bring in a new GM sooner, rather than later. He says they are likely to hire someone before the season is over, who will decide the fate on Mangini. I would love it if Mr Wilson felt similar heat. Why not throw your long time fans a bone?

:lol:

BECAUSE THEY MIGHT MOVE!!!! DAMN YOU - the region will lose this thing if you get things your way. Buy his tickets, park your cars in his lot an keep drinking the kool aid - it's your only hope!

they're suffering from "Milhous Van Houten" syndrome. In the FBI episode on the Simpsons, Milhous deposits 40 quarters into the video game "WaterWorld" and exclaims..."BOY THIS BETTER BE GOOD"... the Kevin Costner video game character moves two paces and the game ends... :lol:

The young Van Houten is furious :lol: "WHAT A RIP!!!" the little nerd fires off... and then he contemplates... and Milhous begins reaching into his pockets to deposit 40 more quarters. :lol:

OP,

So why don't you go sign up for a Steelers/Patriots/Colts/Saints board?

The fans that stick with the team through thick and thin, they are the real dumb ones...far inferior to the grandiloquent pompous turncoats that spend 1/2 hours typing up some very masterfully-crafted piece of drivel about why the fans a stupid.

Here, here!!! How could we have been so dumb?

As for your comment about the Super Bowl years...blow it out your A$$!!! If it was so effing bad, why are you here? Why do you even know about TBD after the drug your through the mud, only to deteriorate into the septic abyss the franchise has become today?

I BILLIEVE the Saints could use some fans, and maybe they won't embarrass you...although I don't think you need a team, or their stupid fans to help you with that. You do a fine job on you own.

OP,

So why don't you go sign up for a Steelers/Patriots/Colts/Saints board?

The fans that stick with the team through thick and thin, they are the real dumb ones...far inferior to the grandiloquent pompous turncoats that spend 1/2 hours typing up some very masterfully-crafted piece of drivel about why the fans a stupid.

Here, here!!! How could we have been so dumb?

As for your comment about the Super Bowl years...blow it out your A$$!!! If it was so effing bad, why are you here? Why do you even know about TBD after the drug your through the mud, only to deteriorate into the septic abyss the franchise has become today?

I BILLIEVE the Saints could use some fans, and maybe they won't embarrass you...although I don't think you need a team, or their stupid fans to help you with that. You do a fine job on you own.

I don't ever recall reading grandiloquent in a sentence before, certainly not here....good job! :lol:

Bah. It's not bad enough that we happen to root for a horrible team. Baah. Now we're told that it's our fault,..sheesh.

Posts like this serve absolutely no purpuse, unless it is to make the poster feel superior to the rest of us.

Baaaaah,Baaaah,...I'll just be grazing in the meadow if you need me oh wise shepard.

BECAUSE THEY MIGHT MOVE!!!! DAMN YOU - the region will lose this thing if you get things your way.

That is exactly their thought process. People stop buying tickets and the team will move. And they would rather give Ralph their money and have Buffalo be the laughing stock (or at least one of) of the NFL than not make the pilgrimage to RWS 8 (errrr 7) times a year for the tailgating and watch the outright **** put on the field. And that is their right. Just like it is yours or mine to not go, not buy anything with the Bills logo (unless from China), or not watch on TV.

Bah. It's not bad enough that we happen to root for a horrible team. Baah. Now we're told that it's our fault,..sheesh.

Posts like this serve absolutely no purpuse, unless it is to make the poster feel superior to the rest of us.

Baaaaah,Baaaah,...I'll just be grazing in the meadow if you need me oh wise shepard.

I know what you mean.

When we buy tickets when our team sucks, we're supporting mediocrity. If we don't we're bandwaggoners.

People B word about everything when the Bills suck.