So, who is pumped for the ACTOR DRAFT?!

trolls_r_us

Thanks. Now I don't have to listen to those dbags looking for some Bills or Sabres talk. Not that I should expect that from the local SPORTS station. Yesterday, I could only take 3 minutes of dbag # 1 talking about how he doesn't care about the NFL. Why work in sports if you don't care about them? Morons. 11

I listen to these 2 buffoons every night on the drive home, unfortunately they are the only sports talk show I can get on the radio. They've been pumping the "Actor" draft for several days. I guess if you call it a draft it qualifies for sports talk. I just wish another station would produce a sports talk radio show in the area as these two guys are just awful. I still think they contribute to road rage as I take my finger gun and shoot the radio several times during the week when I have them on.

I don't think Schopp the dope could take Ernest. Ernest has him beat on toughness and in smarts from his hilly billy upbringing.

Post your predictions here....

Personally I can;t wait to see the trades.... Like if Schopp is looking to take Ernest in the 4th round but Bulldog has the pick...

:worthy:

I listen to these 2 buffoons every night on the drive home, unfortunately they are the only sports talk show I can get on the radio. They've been pumping the "Actor" draft for several days. I guess if you call it a draft it qualifies for sports talk. I just wish another station would produce a sports talk radio show in the area as these two guys are just awful. I still think they contribute to road rage as I take my finger gun and shoot the radio several times during the week when I have them on.

I don't think Schopp the dope could take Ernest. Ernest has him beat on toughness and in smarts from his hilly billy upbringing.

I think WECK 1230 has a Brad Riter show on at the same time. However, it's actually a worse alternative, unless he's doing an interview.

Sometimes I feel like I'm being a little tough on WGR for stuff like this, but then I remember how Schopp and the Bulldog WHINE and COMPLAIN like they are being tortured when they have to cover the NFL draft every year...

For guys who profess to love "drafts" so much, that always struck me as odd: they love drafts involving actors and countries, but not real sports drafts...

These guys did a COUNTRY DRAFT! lol

At least that was during the sports off-season (summer, I think) when there was nothing local to talk about.

Even Howard Simon's show this morning was talking about it. I mean, for the love of god!

Actor draft (do not want)

Talking ad nauseum about the Bills and their terrible prospects for success, possible Mick Vick signing and Trent's new helmet- (Do not want that either)

Talk Adam Mair being waived and picked up by no one or about bringing Marty back (Do not want)

Even if they stuck to local sports- name a topic that could be discussed for more than an hour without becoming insanely boring.

I'll listen to NPR thanks.

I think WECK 1230 has a Brad Riter show on at the same time. However, it's actually a worse alternative, unless he's doing an interview.

I agree, I turned on Riter the other day & had to turn it off in about 3 minutes. This guy thinks he some kind of commedian. I do not know who is worst. The 2 dipshits on 55 or Riter. Riter, if you still read this board here is my advice to you; You should probably get out of the talk show business because you suck at it.

the sir,

I thought about that too... I don't see why they couldn't talk more national sports to fill the lean times.

Maybe this shows just how irrelevant the Bills are: the only sports talk station in WNY is holding an Actor Draft on the Tuesday before a game.

I wonder if they're doing a color draft or animal draft on Tennessee's local sports station?

Personally I really liked their previous drafts. The Presidential draft last year was hilarious. If you really wanna sit and listen to nuts and bolts football talk about potentially one of the worst offenses in Bills history, have at it.

But I'd rather sit back and enjoy entertainment. If you don't like it, switch the channel. It seems like there's an anti WGR post once a month up here. How many posts deep did the "I hate Mike Schopp" post go? 800 something? He must be something right if that many people have an opinion of him.

I ended up listening to quite a bit of this as I unexpectedly had a long evening drive. Parts of it were hilarious, all of it was entertaining, and I learned a little bit about some movies I hadn't seen (but probably will now). All in all, not a bad use of a couple of hours by those radio hosts.

They did talk sports as well. I, for one, am glad that they didn't have four hours of "Edwards sucks," "Vanek needs to produce," and "Jauron is an idiot," for a change.

i actually like the personalities of wgr 550. yes, they do a lot of non-sports related filler, but if you had to listen to 90% of callers whining about how bad everything sucks and everyone needing to be fired...wouldn't you want to spend an afternnon drafting your favorite actors too? that's just my opinion and i'm usually wrong...just ask my wife.

I guess you're right.

I've been thinking a lot about this, and it just shows how completely irrelevant the Bills have become.

Tuesday before an upcoming game, and all the only local sports station can think to do is hold an ACTOR DRAFT (cue the voice clip).....

Imagine holding an actor draft during the 1991 season.

Is there any buildup, hype, interest, or excitement for this week's game? I live in Buffalo and I have yet to see ANY.