Fire Russ Brandon

Guest dog14787

Guest dog14787

Russ Brandon thought he could play the role of GM and he should be fired for what he did to this Buffalo Bills Football team. The Bills main problems are with the rookie O-line and not hiring an experienced OC when Fairchild departed, not with our HC DJ.

We can blame DJ all we want, but he's not an offensive minded coach and is completely reliant on his OC and GM to get the job done.

This all falls back on Marv Levy, when Levy left the Bills organization he took our GM with him and destroyed everything he had accomplished in the process.

Russ Brandon should be terminated and bring in a real GM :censored:

Uh, this just in.... Russ Brandon ain't, and has never been, the GM. His title is Chief Operating Officer. He doesn't have a plan to build the Bills into a winner, nor is he capable. From Ralph's perspective, Russ has done an outstanding job. And, I would have to concur.... the dude has managed to sell roughly 55,000 season tickets while the team has gone way south, rather than north. Keep drinking that koolaid Russ serves up every spring and you'll be treading water for quite a while.

The Bills are run by committee. All Russ does is round up Modrak, Guy, Oberdorf, & Jauron. The most powerful of these is Oberdorf... he works the salary cap. This collection is the most pathetic bunch of losers this organization has ever had. Anyway, they sip latte, massage each other, and come away from the table with a consensus as to how not to really improve the Bills, but what glaring weaknesses they might need to dab a little mortar on. Then they run it by Ralph, and he asks them to look for a much cheaper option... Akin to patching a hole in your wallboard with chewing gum. None of them has the balls to tell Ralph the truth to his face . The closest guy that ever stood up to Ralph was Polian. Butler came close. And, Mularkey, rather than tell him to his face, did the next best thing... and said "adios, I ain't playing this pathetic game". At least he walked away with a pair of testicles.... that's a hell of a lot more that can be said for the losers in this organization.

The only way out of this is for the team to be sold to a 51% majority owner that wants to win. If we get that, the entire organization will be turned upside down... even Russ won't be safe. If it were me, there wouldn't be a single person standing from the current organization... Woody Ribeck, Bud Carpenter, Dr. Marzo, Allaire, Chuck Lester, Guy, Modrak, Nix, Brandon, Oberdorf... I mean everyone... think greenfield.

I'd bring in a GM that knew his arse from his nose and wouldn't let the people in the organization BS him, sugarcoat things, and blow smoke up his shorts like what's happening now.

I know... you all want to know how I really feel.

Uh, this just in.... Russ Brandon ain't, and has never been, the GM. His title is Chief Operating Officer. He doesn't have a plan to build the Bills into a winner, nor is he capable. From Ralph's perspective, Russ has done an outstanding job. And, I would have to concur.... the dude has managed to sell roughly 55,000 season tickets while the team has gone way south, rather than north. Keep drinking that koolaid Russ serves up every spring and you'll be treading water for quite a while.

The Bills are run by committee. All Russ does is round up Modrak, Guy, Oberdorf, & Jauron. The most powerful of these is Oberdorf... he works the salary cap. This collection is the most pathetic bunch of losers this organization has ever had. Anyway, they sip latte, massage each other, and come away from the table with a consensus as to how not to really improve the Bills, but what glaring weaknesses they might need to dab a little mortar on. Then they run it by Ralph, and he asks them to look for a much cheaper option... Akin to patching a hole in your wallboard with chewing gum. None of them has the balls to tell Ralph the truth to his face . The closest guy that ever stood up to Ralph was Polian. Butler came close. And, Mularkey, rather than tell him to his face, did the next best thing... and said "adios, I ain't playing this pathetic game". At least he walked away with a pair of testicles.... that's a hell of a lot more that can be said for the losers in this organization.

The only way out of this is for the team to be sold to a 51% majority owner that wants to win. If we get that, the entire organization will be turned upside down... even Russ won't be safe. If it were me, there wouldn't be a single person standing from the current organization... Woody Ribeck, Bud Carpenter, Dr. Marzo, Allaire, Chuck Lester, Guy, Modrak, Nix, Brandon, Oberdorf... I mean everyone... think greenfield.

I'd bring in a GM that knew his arse from his nose and wouldn't let the people in the organization BS him, sugarcoat things, and blow smoke up his shorts like what's happening now.

His title is COO/GM.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1...37-251e4b57a218

The more time passes, the more my personal respect for MM has grown. Not especially talking about his play-calling / gadget plays... but given the meager givens of Ralph Wilson (and TD giving him about 2 inches of leash), he didn't do that horribly for someone who had no experience. Now he's gone on to success in Atlanta.

When brought in, he tried to ignore the dump that OBD is, thought if he could just clean up a bit at a time, it would get better. But old man Wilson kept piling up dishes, shitting the bed, and refusing to pay for some new paint and a refrigerator that works. I've seen the Bills through this metaphor for a while now... it's like Dickens' "Little Dorrit." Ralph is that old guy on the street that used to have a nice well-groomed Victorian, that quickly went into disrepair through lack of will to maintain it. Any time now, it'll be ready to fall over.

Brandon is just the latest who wanted a job/title badly enough to want to stay in said dump. I don't really blame him. In fact, it seems that for the first time in a while for this club, he's addressing the lines within the means that he's given. He showed some backbone in the JP holdouts. He can adequately run the business/COO side.

As for your list, might think a bit about Nix. He was brought in very shortly (I think it was a few weeks) before the draft. As such, the sheer tonnage of what has accumulated post-Wade should not fall on him. And that may have been the very first signal of changes to come. As ever, Ralph likes to promote from within, and Nix is now within. From the things I've read, Nix has a good reputation --- ran the drafts in SD which produced Tomlinson, Merriman, etc. that built them into a winner. Promoting Nix to be the de-facto GM wouldn't be a terrible move. The issue will be whether he gets an adequate amount of control.

Russ Brandon thought he could play the role of GM and he should be fired for what he allowed happen to this Buffalo Bills Football team. Our problem is with the O-line and not hiring an OC when Fairchild departed, not with our HC DJ.

We can blame DJ all we want, but he's not an offensive minded coach and is completely reliant on his OC to get the job done.

This all falls back on Marv Levy, when Levy left the Bills organization he took our GM with him and destroyed everything he had accomplished in the process.

Russ Brandon should be terminated and bring in a God damn GM :censored: :censored: :oops:

Didnt Russ and the rest of the front office just oversee a draft that included Byrd, Levitre, Wood, Nelson and 3 other promising players in Maybin, Harris and Lankster? In fact, if grades were redone right now on this years draft we would easily be one of the few A's given :sick:

LMAO...did you come up with this all on your own, or did you just write this because you think the popular belief is that we need a GM and you want to post something close to popular opinnion?

LMAO...did you come up with this all on your own, or did you just write this because you think the popular belief is that we need a GM and you want to post something close to popular opinnion?

Nah, he just wanted to look at your avatar again.

Guest dog14787
Didnt Russ and the rest of the front office just oversee a draft that included Byrd, Levitre, Wood, Nelson and 3 other promising players in Maybin, Harris and Lankster? In fact, if grades were redone right now on this years draft we would easily be one of the few A's given :sick:

I think for myself,

I could care less what popular belief is and I'm sure most folks will vouch for that as much as I go against the grain around here. I don't care who you are, I don't agree with you, I will say so.

We are trying to build a team not rebuild it, doesn't make any sense to take one step forward and two steps back.

Never said Wood and Levitre wouldn't turn into decent lineman down the road.

I think for myself,

I could care less what popular belief is and I'm sure most folks will vouch for that as much as I go against the grain around here. I don't care who you are, I don't agree with you, I will say so.

We are trying to build a team not rebuild it, doesn't make any sense to take one step forward and two steps back.

Never said Wood and Levitre wouldn't turn into decent lineman down the road.

Huh? Please explain how Russ took one step forward and two steps back? That doesnt even make sense.

Russ and the front office just had easily one of the 3 bests drafts of 2009, if not the best draft in 2009 if you were to regrade it right now. Wood, Levitre, and Byrd alone would equal a very succesful draft. Then we still have the potential of Maybin (who may even prove to a bigger impact player at LB), Nelson, Lankster and Harris all showing lots of promise and great picks, especially how late we got some of them.

So, what classifies as the two steps back? Are you referring to Dockery and Walker being cut? Because if you are then you need to think again. Russ doesnt make cuts...Coaches and assistant coaches made those cuts. Then there is the Peters trade...again, Russ is not to blame for this. Peters forced his way out of Buffalo...Russ didnt run him out.

So, where are the two steps back? Seriously, what blame exactly are you trying to pin to Russ?

I am not saying this team couldnt use a great GM because every team could and I would love to see a great GM here. But to outright blame this season on Russ is unfair and crazy given the succesful offseason he and the front office really had.

Guest dog14787
Huh? Please explain how Russ took one step forward and two steps back? That doesnt even make sense.

Russ and the front office just had easily one of the 3 bests drafts of 2009, if not the best draft in 2009 if you were to regrade it right now. Wood, Levitre, and Byrd alone would equal a very succesful draft. Then we still have the potential of Maybin (who may even prove to a bigger impact player at LB), Nelson, Lankster and Harris all showing lots of promise and great picks, especially how late we got some of them.

So, what classifies as the two steps back? Are you referring to Dockery and Walker being cut? Because if you are then you need to think again. Russ doesnt make cuts...Coaches and assistant coaches made those cuts. Then there is the Peters trade...again, Russ is not to blame for this. Peters forced his way out of Buffalo...Russ didnt run him out.

So, where are the two steps back? Seriously, what blame exactly are you trying to pin to Russ?

I am not saying this team couldnt use a great GM because every team could and I would love to see a great GM here. But to outright blame this season on Russ is unfair and crazy given the succesful offseason he and the front office really had.

I'm not wasting my time arguing with you and I could personally care less what you think. Tearing apart the O-line to rebuild it set us back a year.

Everything offensively is contingent on the O-line blocking properly, can you get that through your thick skull.

You say you know and played football before then prove it and stop arguing about stupid things.

I'm not wasting my time arguing with you and I could personally care less what you think. Tearing apart the O-line to rebuild it set us back a year.

Everything offensively is contingent on the O-line working properly, can you get that through your thick skull.

So let me get this straight...you obviously think Russ Brandon is the one making cuts...lmao...Russ did not cut Walker or Dockery...the coaches made that decision.

So once again, what exactly was the role Russ played in dismantling our O Line? If he didnt cut Walker or Dockery, then what did he exactly do other than draft two great young prospects?

And yes, I know that about how important the O Line is...you are the one who said the O line does NOT have to be cohesive when I argued it did. But thats not the point, the point is, what the heck does Russ have to do with dismantling our O Line?

Guest dog14787
So let me get this straight...you obviously think Russ Brandon is the one making cuts...lmao...Russ did not cut Walker or Dockery...the coaches made that decision.

So once again, what exactly was the role Russ played in dismantling our O Line? If he didnt cut Walker or Dockery, then what did he exactly do other than draft two great young prospects?

And yes, I know that about how important the O Line is...you are the one who said the O line does NOT have to be cohesive when I argued it did. But thats not the point, the point is, what the heck does Russ have to do with dismantling our O Line?

I'm done arguing with you, its pointless.

Russ and the front office just had easily one of the 3 bests drafts of 2009, if not the best draft in 2009 if you were to regrade it right now.

It's way too early to grade the current draft. The kids have plays 8 games.

Dockery was a bonus payment casualty during off-season. That is a F.O. move and not a "coaching" decision, although I'm sure the coach signed off on it.

How can you use the words Maybin and promise in the same sentance without the word no?

Woah!

Anyone who blasts me for stating that the Bills should fire Modrak, Guy, and Jauron and hire a real football GM (Reese, Wolf, Casserly, anybody who knows how to win) and an experienced, winning head coach (Gruden, Holmgren, Schottenheimer), should read this post before anything else.

There is no way, no way, Ralphie fires the person he believes to be a "genius" of marketing- Russ Brandon.

I personally don't see his brilliance. The Bills, in an effort to expand their fan base, are expanding to Rochester, Southern Ontario, and now Toronto.

Not exactly mind-blowing, huh?

I would have to disagree with this post.

After the Cleveland defeat, and in an effort to place the blame squarely on Jauron's shoulders (and rather cowardly), claimed that the front office "really did everything in its power to improve the talent of the team in the offseason".

The Bills front office had no role in bringing in Dockery and Walker? Lets not talk about letting them go, because the coaches were right that those 2 (along with Fowler and Preston) play like pansies.

More importantly, you should be waking up to the fact that it is mostly on the front office for trading Peters because of his constant hold outs over his salary demands and how that offset the salary structure of the team.

You can also look at the front office (and Brandon) for why they felt comfortable fielding an offensive line of rookies.

And wasn't it Brandon who was lighting up Bills texts with Edwards and Jauron to sign TO?

Some excellent points. Want more evidence? Think about the Marv Levy move. Ralph asks his old friend Marv to do him a favor and be GM for a couple of years. His mission was to win back the fans after the Donahoe disaster. But just to be sure Marv didn't get caught up in the ferver to build another contender, he immediately instituted two rules: Ralph must approve all moves - and - "Cash to the Cap." Those who blame Marv should keep this in mind. With his teeth removed, all he could accomplish was to improve communications and good will inside and outside the organization. Not the performance we wanted, but as good as Brandon's in Ralph's eyes. And please don't come back with he should have fought the policies. Do you do that at work?