Unfounded excitement?

Poeticlaw

We have one two weeks in a row yes this is true. The main reason for those two wins is Byrd without his key turnovers this team would not have won. The question is can Byrd have the same type of success against a QB whose not as likley as the previos two qBs to make a mistake?

What has the offense shown us that makes us think we can keep up with the Texans offense? Our replacement qb completes 50% of his passes and our third down completion percentage is second to the worst in the leaugue. The only difference between Trent and Fitsz is Fitz will always attempt to put the ball in the hand of the WR while Trent will always try to get the ball to his checkdown hands.. Now if we could combine the two we would actually have a QB. Maybe Fitz will be better this week but its unknown. If this team was smart we would use the run to set up the pass not use the pass (which isnt working) to set up the run.

The defense has had decent showing over tha past few weeks but the teams were equally as bad yet we still gave up tons of yards but that could be because of the offense o lack there of. But the defense is as good as we might think they are. But Byrd is as good as we think he is. If we could just have 21 others like him we could be unstoppable.

The thing I find amazing is that we have two wins handed to us by the opposing offense and fans come out of the woodwork talking playoffs and we can beat teams like Houston. I know winning cures all wounds but i guess its better to be lucky then good. If the happen to beat Houston today I might have to revise this thread. But we wont we are not good enough to.

The next question comes to mind. First let me say I dont believe in rooting for your team to fail I want my team to succed as much as the next fan. However, this team could sniff the playoffs but not be there there is a serious problem with that and that is that Jauron will not be fired if he has the same record of 7-9 or better. It will give RW another reason to give him another year and a few more pieces. Personally I didnt want Juaron and I certainly dont want to keep Jauron. But if he keeps winning ugly and all he will still be here and that is not conducive to this team being succesful.

With that being said I will say I root for success whether or not Im stuck with the DICK for the next season or not. Because winning is a good feeling. However I would rather lose enough games to guarentee he wont be here.

I will get excited when we are 2 games over .500 and our offense looks like an nfl offense. Until then these wins are wasting precious draft spots. Were going no where and getting stuck in mediocrity with #11-#15 picks year after year

Excitement? I don't think so. These Bills look exactly like the Bills of the last several seasons. They're just good enough to win a few games against the garbage teams, but when faced with one that's halfway decent, especially offensively, they're usually in serious trouble. As evidence, note that the Bills are 8-25 under Dick Jauron when the opposing team scores 17 points or more.

I will get excited when we are 2 games over .500 and our offense looks like an nfl offense. Until then these wins are wasting precious draft spots. Were going no where and getting stuck in mediocrity with #11-#15 picks year after year

We can still hope for 3-13, keep yer fingers crossed.

Until the Bills get a real GM, scouting staff for productivity out of their early round draft picks, and a real coaching staff, there will be nothing to get excited about.

Well,...that is, unless you count Moorman "coffin corner" kicks as exciting.

Until the Bills get a real GM, scouting staff for productivity out of their early round draft picks, and a real coaching staff, there will be nothing to get excited about.

Well,...that is, unless you count Moorman "coffin corner" kicks as exciting.

And NONE of that will happen until Ralph is six feet under and the team is called the Toronto Thunderdicks or some ****. I hate life sometimes.