Sunday's game a perfect example of

AKC

During the Pat's second Offensive series we got good pressure on Brady up the middle on two consecutive plays, one resulting in a sack. Brady then lost nearly all ability to play football by throwing 4 of his next 5 passes into terra x and the first row of seats in Gilette. Luckily for the Pats Weiss adjusted well enough to control that same pressure for the balance of the game and Brady finally got his act back enough to string together another of his standard "Mr. Field Goal" games, with great production between the 20s but poor execution in the Red Zone.

On the one hand was an exhibit of what pressure does in spurts; over on the Bill's Offense was a different example, the effect of a QB pressing due to constant pressure and stinking up the joint all night as a result.

If a bit of humor can be garnered from the game it has to be the fan reaction to having Bill Belichick play our new staff for the second time in 6 weeks, this time on his own turf. It's hard to imagine any observant fan being surprised that Mularkey and Co. got worked by the best technical coach in the NFL today. But there they are, falling out of their chairs over an L to Bill Belichick. I have to say disappointment is one thing, but hysteria is another thing altogether.

It's time for a little reality check for Bill's fans:

Last year's NFC Champion Panthers, the team that New England needed Adam Vinatieri to put away in the Super Bowl, are 2-7

The Super Bowl winners (and runners-up) from the previous season are 3-6

Joe Gibbs, Bill Parcells and Jeff Fisher are all heading up 3-6 football teams.

While the game of football is getting less predictable, Bill Belichick manages to give his team a strategical edge- especially against teams he sees more frequently. For Christ's sake, give the guy some props instead of trashing your own staff and roster; the guy is the top coach in football right now and we play in his division. Look at what he's done for the reputation of Brady, a QB who is in the bottom of the league in Red Zone production- some fans actually believe Brady is the best QB in football, and that takes some real magic from the head coach to mask the fact that all he truly does well is move the ball between the 20s.

As far as the Bills are concerned, we have been improving our play through the course of the season and the Sunday night hiccup shouldn't change that at all. I expect this team is going to finish well, and that's regardless of who is playing at the QB position for us. We've beaten a good team and I see no reason why we won't do it with more frequency. Mularkey just got his certified indoctrination into the AFC East this past Sunday night, if he's our coach of the future our team will take a bigger step forward in the learning curve from it than any other game we've played under his tutelage.

Shhhhh AKC, they might run you off a cliff as a witch or something if you don't agree that the entire team and staff sucks because of one game's performance. ;) . Although I do think Brady is a little better than you credit him for (but that's another story)...

Please review the tape. Drew Bledsoe had 3.5 seconds on AVEARAGE to throw the ball . Brady was something like 3.8 or so. bottom line bledsoe is done. The OL is doing what it can for a statue that is in the same place, same time EVERY TIME.

Please review the tape.  Drew Bledsoe had 3.5 seconds on AVEARAGE to throw the ball . Brady was something like 3.8 or so.  bottom line bledsoe is done. The OL is doing what it can for a statue that is in the same place, same time EVERY TIME.

119913[/snapback]

I hate to use Theisman as a reference but even that jackass pointed out the difference in pocket time "enjoyed" by the QBs, about 4 seconds for Brady and not even 3 for us.

I hate to use Theisman as a reference but even that jackass pointed out the difference in pocket time "enjoyed" by the QBs, about 4 seconds for Brady and not even 3 for us.

119920[/snapback]

Well you and I hear a different broadcast then. I see drew with a nice pocket, clock ticking near 4 seconds and INTERCEPTION! Keep making the excuses, Bledsoe is done, and this OL is NOT nearly as bad as people want to think it is.

Great post. Just great. Well thought out and logical, and more truth than many people are willing to believe. No one likes an embarrassing loss, but I'm willing to bet most of us also don't care for the knee-jerk hysteria by some who clearly believe they are smarter than anyone else running this team.

119920[/snapback]

When people are counting for Bledsoe, it's 1-2-3. When it's for Brady, it's 1-Mississippi-2-Mississippi-3-Mississippi. Oh and a good running game, you know that gets 200+ yards on your great run defense, certainly helps a lot. Take a look at Brady against the Steelers.

Well you and I hear a different broadcast then. I see drew with a nice pocket, clock ticking near 4 seconds and INTERCEPTION!  Keep making the excuses, Bledsoe is done, and this OL is NOT nearly as bad as people want to think it is.

119927[/snapback]

I think Drew has played quite well in 5 games this year, but Sunday night I felt there was no excuse for his poor play. Sure he had pressure at times, but nothing that compares to the type of pressure he was seeing against Oakland earlier this year, and all of last year. Drew pressed on Sunday and was inaccurate because of it. He also threw a pass right to Troy Brown which was extremely embarassing (I'm sure for him too). I really can't defend his play the other night, but I still think he'll play well at home (for what it's worth)...

MBD we all know your lovefest with Drew. It has been painfully obvious for a long time now.

Bledsoe is done. Period.  No more excuses.

119937[/snapback]

He's done alright. However anyone who is foolish enough to think that he's the only problem or that things will be all rosy with Losman in there has NO clue. Let's assume that Bledsoe had all this time, why then wasn't the running game working? As I showed you, even the greatest QB who ever lived, Tom Brady, looked like stevestojan against the Steelers without a running game. I hope last Sunday's game was just them living down to their latenight game reputation, but I was troubled by ALL aspects of the team, save ST's and Sam Adams.

Please review the tape.  Drew Bledsoe had 3.5 seconds on AVEARAGE to throw the ball . Brady was something like 3.8 or so.  bottom line bledsoe is done. The OL is doing what it can for a statue that is in the same place, same time EVERY TIME.

119913[/snapback]

So you're saying Brady had 10% more time to throw than Drew?

CW

Even though he was just in a few series. Did you notice the huge speed difference

in JPs dropback and mobility from Bledsoes.

119932[/snapback]

Yes, definately. Quick drop back and keeps the ball up high. The way it used to be done. Every last bit of time the QB can squeze out back there will help the OL.

During the Pat's second Offensive series we got good pressure on Brady up the middle on two consecutive plays, one resulting in a sack. Brady then lost nearly all ability to play football by throwing 4 of his next 5 passes into terra x and the first row of seats in Gilette. Luckily for the Pats Weiss adjusted well enough to control that same pressure for the balance of the game and Brady finally got his act back  enough to string together another of his standard "Mr. Field Goal" games, with great production between the 20s but poor execution in the Red Zone.

On the one hand was an exhibit of what pressure does in spurts; over on the Bill's Offense was a different example, the effect of a QB pressing due to constant pressure and stinking up the joint all night as a result.

If a bit of humor can be garnered from the game it has to be the fan reaction to having Bill Belichick play our new staff for the second time in 6 weeks, this time on his own turf. It's hard to imagine any observant fan being surprised that Mularkey and Co. got worked by the best technical coach in the NFL today. But there they are, falling out of their chairs over an L to Bill Belichick. I have to say disappointment is one thing, but hysteria is another thing altogether.

Last year's NFC Champion Panthers, the team that New England needed Adam Vinatieri to put away in the Super Bowl, are 2-7

While the game of football is getting less predictable, Bill Belichick manages to give his team a strategical edge- especially against teams he sees more frequently. For Christ's sake, give the guy some props instead of trashing your own staff and roster; the guy is the top coach in football right now and we play in his division. Look at what he's done for the reputation of Brady, a QB who is in the bottom of the league in Red Zone production- some fans actually believe Brady is the best QB in football, and that takes some real magic from the head coach to mask the fact that all he truly does well is move the ball between the 20s.

As far as the Bills are concerned, we have been improving our play through the course of the season and the Sunday night hiccup shouldn't change that at all. I expect this team is going to finish well, and that's regardless of who is playing at the QB position for us. We've beaten a good team and I see no reason why we won't do it with more frequency. Mularkey just got his certified indoctrination into the AFC East this past Sunday night, if he's our coach of the future our team will take a bigger step forward in the learning curve from it than any other game we've played under his tutelage.

119865[/snapback]

I agree AKC. Yesterday was my venting day, today I'm trying to look at things more logically.

I'm looking at Sunday as just a total meltdown. I sure don't see this team playing like this every week, we've seen evidence that this can be a good team. I predicted before the game that we would lost by a fair margin. People got way to optimistic in thinking this game was a win. We weren't going to end our road losing streak in NE against a Bellicheck team. We just aren't that good yet. However I expected more out of the Bills. Personally, I believe Bledsoe puts too much pressure on himself against the Pats at Foxboro, thus all the bad games there. He'll bounce back some this week, although I still believe that we should go with Losman.

Many here are bitching about Mularkey not admitting its over and just making the QB switch, but last time a Buffalo Bills HC admitted it was over he got roasted by everyone and pretty much run out of town. I'm glad MM refuses to give up until we are mathmatically eliminated.

Whoever is on the field on Sunday, I'll be rooting hard for them to have a great game against the Rams. I don't care if Billy Joe comes back at QB, I'll be cheering just as hard for him as I would for Bledsoe or Losman.

Even though he was just in a few series. Did you notice the huge speed difference

in JPs dropback and mobility from Bledsoes.

119932[/snapback]

I noticed passes reaching the defenders much, much faster ;-)

What I saw that I really, really didn't like was Losman running and diving forward. It would be bad enough in a game in reach, it's purely stupid in a game that's over. His bad habits in pre-season are incredibly disappointing to see popping right back up, especially considering his injury. I don't expect him to come in and play well right away, but it would sure be nice to see him come in and play with some intelligence.

Drew is done.

It's over. Time to start planning for the future. We have great pieces in place. Let them play, let them develop. It will pay off. Any thoughts that this team is good are purely delusional. They play well against poor teams, average against mediocre teams and completely roll over on the road. Not the sign of a successful season.

While much of the hysteria on this board may be overboard, one thing remains clear: Bledsoe's play has shown crystal clear that he is beyond redemption.

During the Pat's second Offensive series we got good pressure on Brady up the middle on two consecutive plays, one resulting in a sack. Brady then lost nearly all ability to play football by throwing 4 of his next 5 passes into terra x and the first row of seats in Gilette. Luckily for the Pats Weiss adjusted well enough to control that same pressure for the balance of the game and Brady finally got his act back  enough to string together another of his standard "Mr. Field Goal" games, with great production between the 20s but poor execution in the Red Zone.

119865[/snapback]

First of all, who is the “good quarterback” referenced in the title? Please don’t tell me it is Bledsoe. He is good compared to the QB on my kid’s Pop Warner team. Today though in the NFL, his past stats mean about as much as Dan Marino’s.

Second of all, insulting Brady for his red zone performance is ludicrous. He got his team in the red zone six times and scored six times (26 points) against the 3rd ranked defense in the league. BUFFALO DID NOT GET INTO THE RED ZONE. You can’t crow about Drew’s red zone ranking this week because there is no data to speak of. If between the 20’s productivity is so easy, what does it say about Bledsoe that he could not even achieve that once in a game?

I’m going to be like Michael Corleone here speaking to Carlo. Admit your mistakes, AKC. Admit that you were wrong. Drew is not a good quarterback. He can’t carry Brady’s jock. These posts where you take one bad play amongst 40 by Brady and one good play by Drew and attempt to argue what you are so desperately hoping for but what is so far removed from reality – I mean I hope they don’t end because they amuse me, but they are without any merit whatsoever. You seem to be a serious student of the game who tries to look at the entire field for your analysis, but you have the blinders on for this one.

I will agree with you on one thing – it’s not the coach’s fault. It’s the guy who hired him.

Guest Guest_Risin_*
I don't expect him to come in and play well right away, but it would sure be nice to see him come in and play with some intelligence.

120014[/snapback]

Like Drew does, right? ;)