OUR DEFENSE WAS SUPER AGGRESSIVE

i enjoyed the jets game. it was nasty. but i did. i celebrated up and down my hallway. my kids laughed their butts off. my wife said, "i am happy that u are happy" (she has witnessed me in a loss)

but i really enjoyed the defense vs carolina. our offense wasnt really doing much.

lets start with the obvious. they gave up yards. they gave up long runs. many passes. i am with you argument guy (cuz i know you're coming)

but as a total team they were great.

1. they held a potent offense to just 2 fiel goal attempts for 3 quarters (people its the same team. delnomey is just a little off. but they still have talent hidden somewhere)

2. they made stops when they needed to, to force punts.

3. ints

4. crucial sacks and pressure

5. this is the one where i may be murdered on the board. MAYBE NOT. THEY WERE PLAYING AS IF IT WAS A PLAYOFF GAME. high intensity. after the ball. aggressive! exciting! it was like the 00 ravens wearing a bills uni. i didnt see a lazy defense like i always do.

i just hope they keep it up.

Am I the only one that watched the 2nd half just hoping for Delhomme to thrown because you just knew Byrd was back there about to get another interception?

Byrd is single handedly transforming this defense making everyone more agressive, trying to get hits and turnovers. I just hope he continue it for another week.

I think it was apparent, from the moment they took the field on Sunday, the defense came to play. While they still gave up their share of big plays, they were hitting, and playing aggressively. I was real happy to see that. Poz showed some presence out there, and Draft actually looked decent too. You just get the feeling that the defense is only a player or two from being very good...

It seems like the defensive unit (and I say this despite the fact that I hate the scheme they run) is much more cohesive than their offensive teammates...who are just simply, offensive, most of the time.

Not to put a damper on this, but the thing that bothered me is that Delhomme still seemed to have all day in the pocket to throw the ball. If the front seven can't apply more pressure than that against Schaub this week, he will pick them apart. With the way the DBs have been playing, just a bit more pressure up front could lead to game changing plays.

Not to put a damper on this, but the thing that bothered me is that Delhomme still seemed to have all day in the pocket to throw the ball. If the front seven can't apply more pressure than that against Schaub this week, he will pick them apart. With the way the DBs have been playing, just a bit more pressure up front could lead to game changing plays.

Yeah...agreed. They defense is playing with a good attitude, but they still have some flaws..

the biggest problem with this defense, and the Cover 2 in general, is that you need to have a great 4 man pass rush for it to be its most effective. As we have seen too many times over the past 4 seasons is that the Bills have a very hard time getting to the QB when they rush only 4. Maybin was supposed to help with this, but hasn't seen much playing time and is still a work in progress.

Am I the only one that watched the 2nd half just hoping for Delhomme to thrown because you just knew Byrd was back there about to get another interception?

Byrd is single handedly transforming this defense making everyone more agressive, trying to get hits and turnovers. I just hope he continue it for another week.

we couldnt stop the run. we all wanted throws. i hope just the same.

I think it was apparent, from the moment they took the field on Sunday, the defense came to play. While they still gave up their share of big plays, they were hitting, and playing aggressively. I was real happy to see that. Poz showed some presence out there, and Draft actually looked decent too. You just get the feeling that the defense is only a player or two from being very good...

It seems like the defensive unit (and I say this despite the fact that I hate the scheme they run) is much more cohesive than their offensive teammates...who are just simply, offensive, most of the time.

now imagine how our team would be if the offense started clicking as well....

the biggest problem with this defense, and the Cover 2 in general, is that you need to have a great 4 man pass rush for it to be its most effective. As we have seen too many times over the past 4 seasons is that the Bills have a very hard time getting to the QB when they rush only 4. Maybin was supposed to help with this, but hasn't seen much playing time and is still a work in progress.

and they let go of copeland....

i enjoyed the jets game. it was nasty. but i did. i celebrated up and down my hallway. my kids laughed their butts off. my wife said, "i am happy that u are happy" (she has witnessed me in a loss)

but i really enjoyed the defense vs carolina. our offense wasnt really doing much.

lets start with the obvious. they gave up yards. they gave up long runs. many passes. i am with you argument guy (cuz i know you're coming)

1. they held a potent offense to just 2 fiel goal attempts for 3 quarters (people its the same team. delnomey is just a little off. but they still have talent hidden somewhere)

3. ints

5. this is the one where i may be murdered on the board. MAYBE NOT. THEY WERE PLAYING AS IF IT WAS A PLAYOFF GAME. high intensity. after the ball. aggressive! exciting! it was like the 00 ravens wearing a bills uni. i didnt see a lazy defense like i always do.

Was it me or did they seem like they didn't get tired late in the game, even though they were on the field alot because of the the offensive 3 and outs? They really seemed to have an energy that I didn't expect and although they couldn't seem to get much pressure on Carolina, they mad eup for it with superior DB play.

and they let go of copeland....

If we were playing 2nd and 3rd string Offensive line then yes letting go of Copeland would have been a horrible move. 16 tackles and a sack in 15 games last year isn't really blockbuster production that we gave up. He's not even the starter in Detroit if that tells us anything.

3. ints

First off, the Carolina offense is IMpotent. They score fewer points than the Bills and barely outgain them. Delhomme is having another awful year. Still the D couldn't get off the field--unless Delhomme was giving the Bills the ball back.

The DBs and safeties played very well. The LBs were bad. Poz looks really slow.

Playoff game? Playoffs? Did you say playoffs?...........PLAYOFFS??

If we were playing 2nd and 3rd string Offensive line then yes letting go of Copeland would have been a horrible move. 16 tackles and a sack in 15 games last year isn't really blockbuster production that we gave up. He's not even the starter in Detroit if that tells us anything.

1. anything u say is ok with me as long as u keep your avatar.

2. thanks for the info. i guess since he had such a productive preseason, i was impressed. but u r probably right. if he is not a starter FOR DETROIT???? then the hell with him.

First off, the Carolina offense is IMpotent. They score fewer points than the Bills and barely outgain them. Delhomme is having another awful year. Still the D couldn't get off the field--unless Delhomme was giving the Bills the ball back.

The DBs and safeties played very well. The LBs were bad. Poz looks really slow.

Playoff game? Playoffs? Did you say playoffs?...........PLAYOFFS??

lol. funny. i said they played as if the game meant something like a playoff game. but i dont think our team is playoff bound just yet. but who knows?