Mark Sanchez

rafter

i caught the tail end of the report of this on ESPN but didnt know WHO ate WHAT exactly.

i dont see what the big deal is. dude is hungry. he is an athlete using his body. he needs food to power it.

i dont know why this is news at all. i think i heard that he "apologized"?!? if true, that is ridiculous.

This is a textbook case of treating nothing like it's the most important thing in the world. The man is hungry. Why can't he eat something? It's not like he's trying to flaunt it.

PTR

I agree....I heard he was hungry and someone just handed him the hotdog....The only issue should be that the team has powerbars and stuff like that on the sidelines...

I really don't see the problem as i never realized that a player having a snack on the sidlines was a big deal. I saw Sanchez in the press conference saying it would never happen again. I really and truly hope that was a tongue in cheek response to a completely irrelevant question. :lol:

Yeah its def a non-issue. Just funny that they even zoomed in on him and pointed it out. Also the food of choice is a bit funny.

Ridiculous that he needed to apologize for it, and better food should be provided if players need it.

Wasn't there a game a few years ago where a Bills player (I think it was Mcgahee) was eating a sandwich on the sidelines?

EDIT: Found an article....

“Willis was really sick and we don’t know why,” head coach Dick Jauron said. “It’s not very often that in an NFL game you see a player on the sideline eating a sandwich. We had to get some food in him so there he was - it was a strange sight, but he came back and obviously played well.”

Eric Moulds I seem to recall ordered a pizza during practice at the senior bowl prompting Dave Wannstadt to say he would never draft a player like that. Nice to know Moulds had some of his best games against the Dolphins. :lol:

This is a textbook case of treating nothing like it's the most important thing in the world. The man is hungry. Why can't he eat something? It's not like he's trying to flaunt it.

PTR

Absolutely agree. Also, he publically apologized for it and said it wouldn't happen again. I don't think needs to carry on through out the NFL season.

Eric Moulds I seem to recall ordered a pizza during practice at the senior bowl prompting Dave Wannstadt to say he would never draft a player like that. Nice to know Moulds had some of his best games against the Dolphins. :lol:

And Thurman ordered pizzas during Moulds rookie season during practice to be delivered to Eric.