I feel like the tide is turning

zow2

Guest dog14787

Jairus "the bird man" Byrd made a comment in his post game interview that stuck with me, and it was something I ridiculed DJ about awhile back, Jairus said " I want to be part of the solution, not part of the problem" so I'm thinking to myself, here is a young man willing to go to war, echoing his coaches sentiments and playing above and beyond how we should ever expect a Rookie to perform. Part of the Solution, not part of the problem, Jairus Byrd playing for his HC and the man that paved the way for his explosion into the NFL.

Gotta give credit were credit is due, 10 turnovers in two games is a Defense that is playing its heart out and they are playing for they're HC, DJ.

TEXANS BEWARE, the bird man is flying high...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Every game is unique. You cannot take from one game and impose it on the next. Houston could come out and play like they did against super pumped up Cinci two weeks ago and crush the super pumped up Bills on Sunday. couple of turnovers, a bad bounce or two and you lose 35-17 and everyone is off the bandwagon again... I will admit that if they win Sunday I am back on the bandwagon, thought... we'll see.. that's why they play the games.

i agree.

i admit, i was sulking after the cleveland lost, but if a miracle can happen and we beat houston and take a 4-4 record into the off week.........well shucks, anything can happen.

I don't know, i get this weird vibe about this team. Last year they started 5-1 and then everything caved. This year, they absorb that soul-crushing opening night loss at NE, then spiral down to 1-4 after that horrible home loss vs. Cleveland. Everything that could go wrong did including a crazy amt of injuries. I mean things could not have been worse.

Now all of a sudden, at rock bottom...Trent gets hurt- new QB, the D and Byrd emerge to create a remarkable amt of turnovers, stopping 4th and shorts...the patchwork D is finding a chemistry together. If they can't smother teams, they certainly change the game with turnovers. The O is making just enough plays to score a couple offensive TD's while breaking in a new QB. SPecial teams is suddenly playing up to their potential, covering punts and KO's and pinning teams back....plus, the weirdest of all, our opponents special teams are botching and missing easy FG's that would change these games. It all gives me just enough hope that if they beat Houston on Sunday, I'm going to be pumped for the 2nd half of the season.

Lets not get too excited...the Bills are just good enough to beat teams that are worse or as bad as they are. They are not good enough to beat teams like the Saints or Patriots...heck even the Dolphins. They might keep it close for a few quarters, but ultimately their lack of offense will doom them...

Guest dog14787
Lets not get too excited...the Bills are just good enough to beat teams that are worse or as bad as they are. They are not good enough to beat teams like the Saints or Patriots...heck even the Dolphins. They might keep it close for a few quarters, but ultimately their lack of offense will doom them...

The Bills are not geared to stop the Fish that's for sure, but the Bills D performs extremely well against the top passing offenses in the NFL in my opinion, and that's what a boat load of good DB's can do for you. With just a mediocre, dink and dunk type offense, we can compete and the Bills proved it in the monday night opener against the Pats.

They have the same record.

My point is do not say the jets are a bad team & houston is some kind of juggernaut when the Jets have the same record & they beat them in houston. Can not have it both ways, either they are both good teams or they are both lousy teams. I think we have a chance this sunday.

gugny.... while i admit that t-shirt is a little bit vulgar, i disagree with you. This isn't just a game, its a tradition, its a lifestlye, it means a !@#$ of alot more than the New York Bowling championships. Or the England Darts Tourny. Bills football, Bills Pride envokes the strongest emotions from me. roller coaster of emotions of extreme highs and lows. They can make you a manic depressant. If the head coach doesnt think of it that way he shouldn't be here. Game planning and studying film and team preperation should be alot more important to him that having dinner with his wife on their anniversary, or attending one of his daughters birthday parties. Life revolves around the Bills, and thats how a head coach should view it. I don't think DJ feels 1% that strongly, altho i don't believe he doesnt' care at all. he would probably like a win but it doesnt' hurt him if they lose it. I don't like that. Buffalo Pride and the legendary Buffalo Bills are amongst the most important things to a die-hard like me.

I agree with you, as far as what an NFL coach should be, and how much time/life he should dedicate to his team on a daily basis. Believe me, I get emotional with wins and losses just like you and every other Bills fan does. I guess my point is that, as important as the Bills are, as much of a tradition/lifestyle it is - it's still not bigger than humanity. He's a man just like you and me. And I don't think either one of us would like our families to see our names smeared on a vulgar t-shirt or billboard. Just sayin'.