Trent ruled out for week 8

FYI - just got a text update that Trent Edward is definitely out for the Texans game. Apparently DJ's press conference was held earlier today than is normal (11AM versus 12:30).

Any else get this update?

Per the Facebook you are correct.

Buffalo Bills Head Coach Dick Jauron said Monday that QB Trent Edwards will not play this weekend vs. the Houston Texans. Ryan Fitzpatrick will get his second start.

I'm not surprised, keep Edwards out another week and give him the bye to get back to 100%.

I'm more curious about Kyle Williams...any updates? Will Russ be scouring over practice squads this afternoon?

Why do you want Trent coming back to play at all? The team is rallying around Fitz. He is not a stud passing the ball, but he is serviceable. (He has made some plays that NFL QB's are supposed to make) More importantly, he is a leader on the field. He has some qualities that have not been seen at the QB position for us in quite some time. I would be happy with him leading our team the rest of the year. Looking at the schedule, no reason we can not be 6-4 with Miami coming to town in a month. It is very possible.

I remember Ed Johnson was one of those players...would be a smart move on our part to bring him on board.

The problem is that the Bills will need to make room to bring anyone on board. The only move they could make right now is TE to the IR.