At least we have our first round pick . . . .

Peter

Parcells "genius" days are long gone. The Cowboys look more pathetic than the Bills.

The whole #1 Draft Pick argument has been repeated ad nauseum. We needed a QB to replace DB and he is already here. Bills need to target some PROVEN NFL PLAYERS in March Free Agency. Trade Henry and get another pick on draft day ( maybe a third rounder ) and concentrate on improving the roster.

118901[/snapback]

What I would like to see is more a "team concept", the epitome of the

patriots than people who are interested in personal glory.

Spikes and Fletcher would have been well served to make tackles yesterday

night rather than wiffing in the air...

Our QB needs to play within the system.

Our OL has to protect for the kind of RB/QBs we have....(BTW McGahee

handles all the blitzes so effectively, giving Bledsoe the time to throw)

I will be surprised if Parsell's sees that pick. My guess is he'll quit again by year end. I wonder how many years this will set back his being elected to HOF? Considering how often he'd treat he media with distain, maybe never? I'd imagine alot of voters are just looking for a reaso nnot to vote for him. This might be enough!

Parcells passes on Steven Jackson-future superstar

TD pulls a coup and jumps ahead of Green Bay and snags a talented QB with huge potential.

Dallas has zero running game and is a poor football team.

Buffalo is on the up and up.  Our rookie QB gets to get reps in this year and will have that experience to build on for 2005.  Not to mention we do not need to tie up money for a first round pick.  It frees up cap space to sign a proven veteran.

TD kicked Parcells ass on that one!

118961[/snapback]

1. There is no evidence Jackson is going to be better than Julius Jones.

2. There is no evidence that JP is "talented" - he is all potential right now.

3. Dallas is having a bad season, but how is this relevant to the Bills??? At least they'll have two picks in the draft next year to help position themselve to get better.

4. Buffalo is just slightly better than last season and worse than two seasons ago.

5. Buffalo has signed lots of veterans in the TD era, and it hasn't meant anything in terms of winning.

6. Not every high first round pick is a bust - just the ones that Donahoe picks apparently.

Thus far, TD has by far gotten the worst of this trade. Not one player in the deal has done anything but Dallas has a top tennish pick in hand (I still have some faith that Buffalo can get that pick into the 12-15 range).

Parcells "genius" days are long gone. The Cowboys look more pathetic than the Bills.

The whole #1 Draft Pick argument has been repeated ad nauseum. We needed a QB to replace DB and he is already here. Bills need to target some PROVEN NFL PLAYERS in March Free Agency. Trade Henry and get another pick on draft day ( maybe a third rounder ) and concentrate on improving the roster.

118901[/snapback]

Actually....I think you hit on something there....

If I remember correctly...when taking JP Losman they bills basically said something about "we took a QB a year early so he would have a year of experience"

or something to that effect.....

So why dont we follow that plan and PLAY him.....

Actually....I think you hit on something there....

If I remember correctly...when taking JP Losman they bills basically said something about "we took a QB a year early so he would have a year of experience"

or something to that effect.....

So why dont we follow that plan and PLAY him.....

119155[/snapback]

John, you were defending Drew to the wall without any care of Losman being on the roster, until recently. DB will be given the quick hook if we get behind. Eventually, he will start.

Who is this glorious SAVIOR we passed on by taking Losman instead ? This is a hollow argument unless I hear specific names of franchise players worth a top 10 pick in the 2005 Draft. Kyle Orton ? I can name 4 QB's, mimimum, ranked ahead of him. Leinert ( USC), Rogers ( Cal ), Fry ( Akron) & Orlovsky ( U. Conn ).

Since I follow College football very closely, good luck dropping names.

Who is this glorious SAVIOR we passed on by taking Losman instead ? This is a hollow argument unless I hear specific names of franchise players worth a top 10 pick in the 2005 Draft. Kyle Orton ? I can name 4 QB's, mimimum, ranked ahead of him. Leinert ( USC), Rogers ( Cal ), Fry ( Akron) & Orlovsky ( U. Conn ).

Since I follow College football very closely, good luck dropping names.

119186[/snapback]

No savior - just a young guy who could have come in for six years and upgrade a position, of which many need upgrading.

Here's a recent mock draft

This one only projects two QB's as going in the first round - Leinert and Rodgers.

Now Mark - you said earlier that the Bills should pick up proven NFL free agents. That sounds like a good plan, but reality might be much more difficult. There are always players out there that slip through the cracks, but for the most part NFL free agents are free for a reason. They either did not fit in with their last team or they believe that they are worth more money than their original team does. So now it comes down to Donahoe deciding which guys to bring in at what rates in order to build a team with a coherent philosophy. He hasn't done it successfully in four years - why would he begin to do so now? His indecision has also left the salary cap with less flexibility than it could have had - the Bills will be paying JP and Drew in 2005, as well as Travis and Willis...so that wastage will impact what they can do at other positions as well as their depth.

The fish is rotting at the head.