Jenkins out for year with Tor ACL in right knee

Big Turk

That's too bad--from what I've read about him he actually sounds like a very nice guy off the field. The "gentle giant" type with a wide variety of interests beyond football. I never root for injuries to opponents, although it's too bad the same thing hasn't happened to someone more deserving instead like, say, Vince Wilfork (and not just 'cause he's a Pat*, but more due to his style of play)......

he's only 30

350# DT's age in dog years but if Jenkins is a quick healer I suppose he could get on the field at some point late next year when he's 31. But at that age, and coming off a 2nd ACL tear in the same knee, I would think it's quite possible the guy's career is in serious jeopardy.

350# DT's age in dog years but if Jenkins is a quick healer I suppose he could get on the field at some point late next year when he's 31. But at that age, and coming off a 2nd ACL tear in the same knee, I would think it's quite possible the guy's career is in serious jeopardy.

thats not true at all. other than QBs and kickers, large DT's/NT's last longer relative to their age ... Pat Williams, Ted Washington, Reggie White, for example.

thats not true at all. other than QBs and kickers, large DT's/NT's last longer relative to their age ... Pat Williams, Ted Washington, Reggie White, for example.

But those guys didn't have to deal with a 2nd ACL tear in their left knee when over 30 like what Jenkins is facing.

that was unbelievable. if u just saw that u'd think all he had was a sprain

It's not unbelievable at all. Some players have played without ACL's. Philip Rivers played in the playoffs with a torn ACL. It is rumoured that John Elway played his entire NFL career minus his ACL.

Jenkins is gone for the year with a knee injury.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/1024291...loss-to-Jenkins

The Jets defense is not going to be the same the rest of the year. Should make things interesting in the AFC East.

On the contrary, I think that will make things decidedly Uninteresting in the East. The Pats will have the top spot locked up by Thanksgiving.

On the contrary, I think that will make things decidedly Uninteresting in the East. The Pats will have the top spot locked up by Thanksgiving.

they pretty much already do unless the jets can overcome the loss of jenkins and sanchez pulls his head out of his ass. and i wouldn't totally count miami out, they started slow but they play good football. it would take a miracle for the bills to win the division though...