Carolina VS Buc's game

erynthered

It was just a slip up by the refs. They had to deal with a potential brawl on the field and slipped on the details when it was finally time to announce the call. Fair catch or not, you have to let the guy catch the ball, so it's still the same penalty either way.

Who says you have to let the guy catch the ball? There was no fair catch signal in the clip I saw. Was it brutal? Yes. Dirty? Yes. Was it illegal... you'd have a hard time proving that one to me.

Who says you have to let the guy catch the ball? There was no fair catch signal in the clip I saw. Was it brutal? Yes. Dirty? Yes. Was it illegal... you'd have a hard time proving that one to me.

you can't hit the guy before he makes contact with the ball. Nothing to debate, it was totally illegal

If you watched the GAME not a short clip, he called for a fair catch. At any rate as another poster pointed out even if no fair catch is called the receiver can not be hit before touching the ball. DIRTY & ILLEGAL.