Lost in the QB euphoria

GG

Two minutes to go, ball at the 30, swirling wind facing your kicker - so what do you do?

Try moving the ball closer to give your kicker a better shot, or run 3 times to gain 1 yd?

Yes, I know that a pass is more risky, but you run the same risk by missing the long FG and giving the opponent life in overtime.

Luckily for Jauron, he ran into a worse coach yesterday.

Jauron coudn't hold Ryan's jock. Hell, just on coordinator abilities alone, Ryan runs circles around Jauron. I hear ya on your post, but there aren't many people out there that would have DJ over Ryan at this point to run their football team.

Nothing says "I like my guys" more than not letting them play the game because you think they will screw up.

OTOH, this is the same coach that had JP Losman, of all QBs, execute a roll-out before the 2 minute warning last year against the Jets.

Players, not plays. Jauron, the mauron.

This is an excellent point. After all these safe calls made during critical points of the game, you would think the players are tired of their coach taking them out of the game when it matters most. I know they give the company line about supporting their coach, but inside that locker room there's got to be a different story. Seeing Lynch and Owens going to the sideline in the Cleveland game makes me think the players aren't letting on their true feelings.

I don't know if it is Jauron or AVP, I tend to lean towards Jauron.

Seriously?

Since Jauron has been in Buffalo, they have had the following Offensive Coordinators: Fairchild, Turk, and now AVP.

We have seen the same sackless play calling and boneheaded game management during all 3 of their tenures.

And you are leaning towards Jauron being the problem?

IMO, I am pretty positive Jauron IS the problem.

Two minutes to go, ball at the 30, swirling wind facing your kicker - so what do you do?

Try moving the ball closer to give your kicker a better shot, or run 3 times to gain 1 yd?

Yes, I know that a pass is more risky, but you run the same risk by missing the long FG and giving the opponent life in overtime.

Luckily for Jauron, he ran into a worse coach yesterday.

i actually liked the rollout playl on 3rd down until Bills called a time out from the sidelines to stop it. LOL jauron must have realized he was playing to win and then panicked to stop himself. LOL

Also, all current OT format haters notice this. The team that did not win the toss won the game. And offense, defense, and special teams all came into play in the outcome. Current system is fine. We won because we didn't fail in any of these like the Jets did, therefore we won.

That one example is nowhere near good enough, considering how badly both teams played and how atrociously both teams were managed.

That one example is nowhere near good enough, considering how badly both teams played and how atrociously both teams were managed.

that was an odd situation though. the loser got to pick which direction they wanted and given the wind that helped us. also in OT there's no 2nd half where the teams switch return/kick team to even it out. it would have been ballsy/risky whatever you want to call it though for Ryan to elect to kick, given the OT philosophy of getting the ball and scoring and never giving the opponent a chance on offense.