Let's Be Honest...the Bills have only had one good decade.

Tarrytown

Why doesn't anyone in the national media just come out and say what they think...that Ralph Wilson is a horrible owner...we have had more horrible seasons than winning seasons...Jim Kelly (after a two year holdout) came here and turned things around...but that wasn't because Wilson was an amazing owner, but rather because he lucked out by hiring Bill Polian.

Sure we won twice in the AFL...but after 50 years we deserve much better.

I am so sick and tired of hearing about the four super bowl appearances...we freaking lost them...that is not something to hang your hat on...just ask the Vikings...or the Broncos...fans are sick and tired of "past glory" and poor freaking management.

But we still buy the tickets...the gear and we are still affraid that they will leave to LA...

It sucks to be a Bills fan right now...I wish I could change...but I love my team...and I will watch them and hope they get killed against the jets in the hopes that DICK will get fired.

Why doesn't anyone in the national media just come out and say what they think...that Ralph Wilson is a horrible owner...we have had more horrible seasons than winning seasons...Jim Kelly (after a two year holdout) came here and turned things around...but that wasn't because Wilson was an amazing owner, but rather because he lucked out by hiring Bill Polian.

I am so sick and tired of hearing about the four super bowl appearances...we freaking lost them...that is not something to hang your hat on...just ask the Vikings...or the Broncos...

What do you want to ask the Broncos, how it felt to win two consecutive SB Championships? :unsure::thumbsup:

The breaking point between fans and the team is a lot closer, IMO, than most people think. Keeping Dick Jauron, trading Peters, firing Schonert just before the season (he did need to go), not firing DJ after the recent games, and the owner postponing his HOF ring ceremony are examples of the dysfunction. One or two of these moves might not be enough, but these things happened in one off-season. It'll only get worse as this debacle of a season continues.

The franchise is being exposed with each passing day as amateurish, insecure, and ultimately avoiding the truth. Fans are seeing that the team is not being honest and aren't interested in having a winner, unless of course they happen to luck into one.

In order to get this team back on track, the team needs to start making long term decisions. But with a 91 year old owner, moves like hiring a real GM, hiring a proven HC, and building for the long haul probably aren't going to happen.

Nice post.

The breaking point between fans and the team is a lot closer, IMO, than most people think. Keeping Dick Jauron, trading Peters, firing Schonert just before the season (he did need to go), not firing DJ after the recent games, and the owner postponing his HOF ring ceremony are examples of the dysfunction. One or two of these moves might not be enough, but these things happened in one off-season. It'll only get worse as this debacle of a season continues.

The franchise is being exposed with each passing day as amateurish, insecure, and ultimately avoiding the truth. Fans are seeing that the team is not being honest and aren't interested in having a winner, unless of course they happen to luck into one.

In order to get this team back on track, the team needs to start making long term decisions. But with a 91 year old owner, moves like hiring a real GM, hiring a proven HC, and building for the long haul probably aren't going to happen.

Nice post.

That about sums it all up.

I am so sick and tired of hearing about the four super bowl appearances...we freaking lost them...that is not something to hang your hat on...just ask the Vikings...or the Broncos...fans are sick and tired of "past glory" and poor freaking management.

But we still buy the tickets...the gear and we are still affraid that they will leave to LA...

It sucks to be a Bills fan right now...I wish I could change...but I love my team...and I will watch them and hope they get killed against the jets in the hopes that DICK will get fired.

My God, you're young.

Which is fine, but don't try to tell us about the past.

I would say 35 of 50 years have been pretty much horrific. The decade of the 90's was amazing, a couple years in the AFL and a couple years under Knox during the "Talking Proud" era, otherwise it has been pathetic. I know it is easier to remember the few good years, but realize that this organization for it's history is about 40 games under .500.

That is because Ralph Wilson is nothing but a less obnoxious version of Dan Snyder or Al Davis. Always meddling and running off anyone that disagreed with him.

Not a bad comparison, except the other two guys want to win, almost to a point that they do more damage than good, but at least they put forth the effort to win, our HOF owner doesn't.

My God, you're young.

Which is fine, but don't try to tell us about the past.

I am younger, but I think this guy is a douchetard. You can argue that roughly 20 seasons out of the 50 have been good/good enough.

That said, we all want change, but you can't complain about being runner-up. The average franchise makes the Super Bowl once every 16 years. We are about the average there. The average team wins the Super Bowl once every 32 years. We haven't gotten one yet, but you never know.

REally we all should have perspective. We should be thankful that we still have a team, before we B word about W's

I am younger, but I think this guy is a douchetard. You can argue that roughly 20 seasons out of the 50 have been good/good enough.

That said, we all want change, but you can't complain about being runner-up. The average franchise makes the Super Bowl once every 16 years. We are about the average there. The average team wins the Super Bowl once every 32 years. We haven't gotten one yet, but you never know.

REally we all should have perspective. We should be thankful that we still have a team, before we B word about W's

Isn't that like saying you should be happy you have a car before you B word that it won't run? Or be happy you have a TV before you B word you don't have electricity, etc. One really isn't all that good or useful without the other.

[/b]

Isn't that like saying you should be happy you have a car before you B word that it won't run? Or be happy you have a TV before you B word you don't have electricity, etc. One really isn't all that good or useful without the other.

Well yes, you can fix a car. the TV one is poor analogy but you can pay to fix that problem.

It is kinda like dating a girl that you like that is a pain in the ass. She is a giant headache quite often, but you are happy that you have her around. You just hope that in the future she'll cause less headaches, before you give up on her.

Even in the so called horrible years I had a blast. Victories were made that much sweeter. Young whippersnappers today are so impatient they miss a lot in life. (never thought I'd say something like this) :censored:

Maybe, but it's presently embarrassing to be associated with this team. I don't recall feeling embarrassed quite like this during the Kay Stephenson/Hank Bullough years even though in terms of wins those teams were worse.

[/b]

No, it is more like saying at least I have a car, it runs like crap, but still beats walking. :censored:

Really we all should have perspective. We should be thankful that we still have a team, before we B word about W's

I respectfully disagree with you 'TheChimp'.

I think jusnzane is CORRECT!

If we had no team, we would no have TBD and no Stadium Wall to complain on!

I am glad we have an NFL franchise and really hope we can get an owner who wants to stay in Buffalo and wants a SB ring more than anything else.

Now, I can B word about the LACK of W's. :censored:

Note to MaineMoxie: I get a kick out of wearing Bills gear and having perfect strangers make some comment. :wallbash:

Wow, look at that - we can disagree without calling each other names! (either that or I am just a tard):wallbash: