I want Carl Peterson/Marty Schottenheimer to step in

mikecole1

I mentioned this in another post. Trying to keep my hopes realistic and Carl Peterson would seem like a realistic possibility.

I borrow a quote from Rick Pittino: Jon Gruden, Mike Holmgren, Shanahan, or Cowher are not walking through that door folks.

I mentioned this in another post. Trying to keep my hopes realistic and Carl Peterson would seem like a realistic possibility.

I borrow a quote from Rick Pittino: Jon Gruden, Mike Holmgren, Shanahan, or Cowher are not walking through that door folks.

Exactly what I have said aobut Schottenheimer (realistic possibilty for a proven good HC, with a good track record), but I would leave Carl Peterson home...

Exactly what I have said aobut Schottenheimer (realistic possibilty for a proven good HC, with a good track record), but I would leave Carl Peterson home...

I 100% agree with the idea of bringing in Shottenheimer. He has proven that he can take a bad team and make them good. He has done more than any coach out there as far as getting the most out of nothing. He is old school which I really like. He will put together and offensive line and he will run down your throat. He also will not take any crap and will not tolerate stupidity "penalities/ botched punts, kickoffs". Yes, he has had bad luck in the playoffs; I can think of a late interception and a goaline fumble that cost him games. He will win during the season and at least give us a chance, something we haven't seen in a long long time. He would without a doubt be my number 1 pick. Just check out his records in KC, San Diego, and Cleveland.

Schottenheimer as HC; Jim Haslett as DC, Chris Spielman or Bryce Paup Smear as LB coach, Someone who understands cold weather and hates CA Qb's as OC, and a couple-a disbarred attorneys for waterboys to stir-up some attitude.

Oh yeah, make a run for McNabb & Ray Lewis.

No on Carl Peterson. From about 94-08 those Chiefs teams did very little.

Schottenheimer might be the guy to get some players motivated. Inevitably, no one will want to work in Buffalo as long as a 91 year old man is running the show. This will severely limit the coaching search.

I think Marty as GM and his son as HC is more of a likely scenario. I agree, Marty is the type of coach we need and is within our budget.

Not saying Marty wouldn't make a good GM. Maybe he could but has he ever had a say in draft/free agency? Just wondering really. I know in San Diego he was just the coach.

I think Marty as GM and his son as HC is more of a likely scenario. I agree, Marty is the type of coach we need and is within our budget.

Don't forget, he is also a former Bill. If he still has the desire to coach (not sure if he does) there aren't many teams that would likely give him that chance... he would need the Bills as much as the Bills need him... I like the idea of his sons too, they have been pretty good coaches along the way...isn't one the OC for the Jets right now? I can come to terms with a soft offense, like we have now, but a soft defense, in Buffalo just kills me... Marty would right that sinking ship....

I thought Carl Peterson's speach at the HOF too long but very good. Marty was there and in tears.. I think Marty could develop Maybin into a Derrick Thomas type DE.

We don't need Peterson b/c we need to give Marty complete control in order to get him here. Without control no top caliber coach would come to Buffalo.

I'd dig that idea, sort of like the Sparano/Parcells deal. Tony's technically in charge but Bill's there for oversight/mentoring. Now who would the DC be? I want a pressure 3-4 so who could bring that?

The only choice I'd like better than that would be Jeff Fisher. It sounds insane that it could happen but if they completely tank (they're 75% of the way there now) ownership could bail. They thought they had a Super Bowl team and have been downright awful out of the gate.

Don't forget, he is also a former Bill. If he still has the desire to coach (not sure if he does) there aren't many teams that would likely give him that chance... he would need the Bills as much as the Bills need him... I like the idea of his sons too, they have been pretty good coaches along the way...isn't one the OC for the Jets right now? I can come to terms with a soft offense, like we have now, but a soft defense, in Buffalo just kills me... Marty would right that sinking ship....

I think Brian, the OC for the Jets is his son, and Kurt - the former defensive coach/assistant, is his brother... for whatever it's worth.