Play to our strengths

nuklz2594

Do we have any strengths on offense that we should really be emphasizing? Do we go back to the basics of football? Running should be our strength, the pass game ain't working.

The combination of an injury depleted, inexperienced OL and gun shy QB means there are no offensive strengths.

we can punt it good.

Remember after the Saints loss (I believe)....

Jauron said, when asked about positives on the day, something to the effect of (And I'm paraphrasing)....

"We punted the ball well and covered punts well." :w00t:

I could not believe that was all he could come up with. Or that he would actually say that.... :bag:

We don't have any strengths, only weaknesses.

I totally disagree with this. We are the number 10 running team in the NFL. Look it up. Our strength is running the football. We've got 2 very good RBs. Our Oline run blocks way better than they pass block. Our QB is not a good passer.

Junk the no huddle. Let's become a power running team. Put a Fred and ML back there and mix up which one gets it. Keep up the TO end around. Add in a double reverse with Roscoe coming the other way. When they stack in the box, throw some timing routes. This could work. Let's stop going with our weekness of no huddle shotgun pass offense and do what we do best. Run the freakin' football.

Too all nattering nabobs of negativity: yeah I know, Ralph is too cheap and it would never work.

I totally disagree with this. We are the number 10 running team in the NFL. Look it up. Our strength is running the football. We've got 2 very good RBs. Our Oline run blocks way better than they pass block. Our QB is not a good passer.

Junk the no huddle. Let's become a power running team. Put a Fred and ML back there and mix up which one gets it. Keep up the TO end around. Add in a double reverse with Roscoe coming the other way. When they stack in the box, throw some timing routes. This could work. Let's stop going with our weekness of no huddle shotgun pass offense and do what we do best. Run the freakin' football.

Too all nattering nabobs of negativity: yeah I know, Ralph is too cheap and it would never work.

The problem is that most of the yards were gained early in the year, when teams where double-covering Evans and Owens.

Since the Bills cannot get the ball to those guys on a consistent basis, teams will forgo the double coverage and start loading the box, which will make running the ball much more difficult.

Not saying it can't be done, but the running game was not that effective the last two weeks against a couple of winless teams. It's not going to be able to carry the offense alone the rest of the year.

The offense will only improve when Owens and Evans become a threat again.

Do we have any strengths on offense that we should really be emphasizing? Do we go back to the basics of football? Running should be our strength, the pass game ain't working.

replace trent edwards with brian mooreman at least he can throw td's :(

The problem is that most of the yards were gained early in the year, when teams where double-covering Evans and Owens.

Since the Bills cannot get the ball to those guys on a consistent basis, teams will forgo the double coverage and start loading the box, which will make running the ball much more difficult.

Not saying it can't be done, but the running game was not that effective the last two weeks against a couple of winless teams. It's not going to be able to carry the offense alone the rest of the year.

The offense will only improve when Owens and Evans become a threat again.

Well maybe. But we did have 145 yards against the Clowns. Not too many against Fish and Aints. But instead of Trent throwing 30 passes and passing on 3rd and 2 which I saw Sunday, run with Fitz or Hamdan under center more and pass from the shotgun less. Maybe only 20 passes a game. Concentrate on run blocking more as that's what we're better at. Fish showed Monday night that a team can run alot and throw long in the same game. I do agree that we need more stuff to TO and Lee also. We can do both.

We're only one behind Fish and 2 behind Patsies* an Jets with 11 to play and 7 in division. I'm not giving up yet until we're mathmatically eliminated.

Got a better idea? Oh, I forgot, it'll never wok and Ralph's too cheap.

Everyone knows that we need to start at GM and work our way on down long term, but for now running the ball has not been dreadful. Bench Dilfer, I mean Edwards, ditch the no-huddle, and run the ball (I prefer Jackson). This time tested strategy has the pleasant side effect of allowing our defense to rest a little, and can actually improve our passing game overall.

Exactly...wildcat fits this scenario. Gets trent either off the field or lining up as a receiver. Forces defenses to play all eleven men.