Edwards should only look to John Corto

The Guy

If I had a dozen reporters in my face, and knew that whatever I said would be printed in every paper across the country/world... Possibly.

But a better question is if a group of reporters asked, "If you were a fan of your company, would you boo the CEO?" How would you answer?

"I don't think that's an appropriate question for me to answer." And actually I wouldn't have a problem if Edwards answered that way.

But of course this just points up the limitations of the original analogy. Maybe you could salvage it a bit if you think of fans as being customers of the company. And in that case, I've certainly asked if customers would be happy with a course of action we've undertaken.

"I don't think that's an appropriate question for me to answer." And actually I wouldn't have a problem if Edwards answered that way.

But of course this just points up the limitations of the original analogy. Maybe you could salvage it a bit if you think of fans as being customers of the company. And in that case, I've certainly asked if customers would be happy with a course of action we've undertaken.

I'm still :censored: at the "boo the CEO" analogy. As if being a working grunt was tantamount to ownership. :thumbsup:

Whatever, dude, whatever.

If you really think it is "moronic" then why make a series of posts on the topic? It smacks of card-carrying moronic hypocrisy.

Because we are seeing a supreme lack of emotion from 99.9% of anyone on this football team.

This is my exact reason for being a little miffed at Trent. He couldn't sympathize with the fans for a moment and understand our frustration. For once Owens said the "right" thing by saying he could side with fans.

If he said "That is a dumb question so won't answer it" all of the excuses for Trent would have some validity.

The translation of what he said is:

Why are all these people booing poor old me? I'll show them.

Even for you, this doesn't make much sense.

I think the point of the post was lost on some. The point being that this team has no fire, no true desire, and no real leadership. To answer questions with "Dick's" canned answers is absurd. Trent wears a "C" on his jersey, he should act like it and be accountable and hold others accountable for their failures.

Smug Kalifornication type... it is his prerogative if he doesn't want to "integrate" himself and be a part of the community. His lack of ability on the field is what will be his undoing, not that he comes off superficial. His lackadaisical attitude does add some fuel to the fire... make sure you watch some tape this week Trent...check out the defense you'll be facing next Sunday, lol. :thumbsup:

See, I just don't buy the first part of it. If you play in the NFL, you need to be a fan of the team you play for. The second you enter that locker room, you should embody all that comes with that program. If nothing else, be a fan of your teammates. Be a fan of the guys who are with you out there every week.

What you were looking at is a QB who has no idea what he is doing out there, because he is doing nothing more than what our inept coaching staff is telling him to do. You could tell that from the second that he started defending Jauron in his PC, without even being asked about him. He has no answers for anything, nor does he need to.

What he needs to do is be up front and honest, and not act like he has no idea to be a fan of a football team. You could tell by the long pause and the "uhh..." he gave before answering, that he was trying to come up with the only answer that would make it seem like he is not bashing anyone or anything about himself, the coaching staff, or his teammates.

Way to be, Trent.

Embodying the program and being a fan are diametrically opposite. Fans don't play, they watch. Fans don't embody anything but support, the best they can be is excellent screamers.

Trent probably could have handled the question better, but his answer wasn't a problem in any way.

And I totally disagree about his pauses. Like everybody else, he just doesn't know what to say. He's speechless.

I think the point of the post was lost on some. The point being that this team has no fire, no true desire, and no real leadership. To answer questions with "Dick's" canned answers is absurd. Trent wears a "C" on his jersey, he should act like it and be accountable and hold others accountable for their failures.

Hold others accountable for their failures, maybe. In public, though? Are you insane? That would be the best way to completely isolate yourself from everybody on the team. You don't do that stuff at press conferences, you do it in private talks.

This is my exact reason for being a little miffed at Trent. He couldn't sympathize with the fans for a moment and understand our frustration. For once Owens said the "right" thing by saying he could side with fans.

Actually, I have fairly consistently criticized T.O.'s handling of the press, but the past two weeks he has been excellent. Way to go, T.O.

Nice try.

In a highly competitive team environment, not being a "fan" of your teammates, not being emotionally invested in the collective goals, will lead to nothing but failure. Being the QB of an NFL team isn't quite the same as punching a clock and holding a "SLOW" sign while wearing an orange vest.

What about his statement says that he is not invested in this team. From what I have seen TE is playing hard and has not given up on his team.

What about his statement says that he is not invested in this team. From what I have seen TE is playing hard and has not given up on his team.

It was in the attitude of his statement, " i play for the Bills" basically can be taken as, I don't give a **** about what the fans think, the Bills pay me to play. IMO it is a lack of respect for the fans who pay money to go out and watch a horrid performance, and then you can't even stand up there as the QB and the Captain, and take accountability for your performance? He didn't answer the question about his confidence on the field, he just BS'ed his way through that question, and he has his canned responses, just like the POS head coach he plays for. It's ridiculous, I commented to my fiance during the game when TO was dancing in the huddle and trying to provide energy and some of the guys in the huddle looked at him like he was nuts.... TE has no heart and no intensity, and he needs to go right along with DJ.

You mean like how Kelly called out Ballard for missing the block that got him sacked? Yeah, that worked out really well... :thumbsup: