Nic Harris?

PDaDdy

they have him in as a safety this week cuz of our injuries there. he's versatile, but as a rook he's not ready to cover 2 positions yet.

he gets some stick, but fewell has easily been our best coach this year.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

they have him in as a safety this week cuz of our injuries there. he's versatile, but as a rook he's not ready to cover 2 positions yet.

he gets some stick, but fewell has easily been our best coach this year.

I have to disagree colin. His blitz packages have been lacking this year and the secondary still looks lost. I will cut him some slack because the LBer corps have been destroyed by injuries again and have no veterans to help.

I agree, but even I thought Walker would be alright over there after seeing him fill in early for Peters and perform moderately well.

Freeney and Dumervil are definitely ahead of Maybin at this point in time. I think more time with Coach Sanders will help him come next season. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Maybin would be better off as an edge rusher out of the 3-4 rather than the 4-3.

I agree with that; kind of like Bryce Paup.

I agree, but even I thought Walker would be alright over there after seeing him fill in early for Peters and perform moderately well.

Freeney and Dumervil are definitely ahead of Maybin at this point in time. I think more time with Coach Sanders will help him come next season. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Maybin would be better off as an edge rusher out of the 3-4 rather than the 4-3.

well - if you thought he could play LT, then he damn well should have been a stud LT

any other person with half a brain could tell that an unmotivated, fat and slow RT who couldn't handle speed rushers from that side would be a disaster at LT

His skill set is that of an edge rusher. What in his playing time have you seen that he could play LB? He's already shown he's not that good against the run.

He sucks. He is a 3rd or 4th round developmental pick at best. I don't care, perhaps try him at LB, can't be any worse than DE.

well - if you thought he could play LT, then he damn well should have been a stud LT

any other person with half a brain could tell that an unmotivated, fat and slow RT who couldn't handle speed rushers from that side would be a disaster at LT

As opposed to the jagoff they had there before who looked completely unmotivated and ungrateful to the organization that gave him the chance to play after every team passed him over in the draft and let him sit on our practice squad.

He sucks. He is a 3rd or 4th round developmental pick at best. I don't care, perhaps try him at LB, can't be any worse than DE.

How can we determine he sucks after 5 games and minimal playtime. Thats just stupid.

This was a "Rob Johnson, the Sequel" move. Walker played adequately for a game and they thought he'd be good enough. Only this time around, they didn't even get a single regular season snap out of their miscalculation.

As opposed to the jagoff they had there before who looked completely unmotivated and ungrateful to the organization that gave him the chance to play after every team passed him over in the draft and let him sit on our practice squad.

hey- you are the self proclaimed expert

being wrong about Walker AND Peters does not do much for your credibility

hey- you are the self proclaimed expert

being wrong about Walker AND Peters does not do much for your credibility

This was a "Rob Johnson, the Sequel" move. Walker played adequately for a game and they thought he'd be good enough. Only this time around, they didn't even get a single regular season snap out of their miscalculation.

Well they fixed that error by replacing Walker with a 7th round pick who never played a snap in the NFL. :thumbsup:

How can we determine he sucks after 5 games and minimal playtime. Thats just stupid.

We can determine he's not a first round talent. Why would you take a player with the 11th pick after he played 12 college games. That's stupid...and what the Bills did.

What was the problem on defense? They allowed 6 points and 3 of them were a gift from our special teams unit. I'm sure we'll see Nic Harris now that everyone else is hurt.

As for Steve Johnson... we could add Jerry Rice in his prime to the mix and he would probably not register a catch.

The defense did a good enough job to win the game it was the offense as usual that didn't hold up their end of the bargain. I was just REALLY surprised that I didn't see Harris' number called. I want to see the guy in a regular season game. He was MAINLY a safety in high school and college but he is a LB for us. If as someone said he was a safety for this game due to injury I guess that explains it.

Too bad. That guy needs to be on the field. He just looked like a play maker.

His skill set is that of an edge rusher. What in his playing time have you seen that he could play LB? He's already shown he's not that good against the run.

Put the guy on the field and let him play. He isn't going to see the field at DE. He is fast and can hit so he sure as well can play LB.

If he is a project, no better time then the present to get him experience. Get him out there. The season is a LOSS anyway.

His skill set matches better with the linebacker position. Of all the top DEs in the draft, it was well-known that Maybin was considered the biggest project.

I guess the Bills braintrust decided that they could take on a project in the first round.

He was the biggest project. No matter how hard you try you can't teach speed. He was a junior coming out and is already as big as Schobel. Another year or so and my guess is he should be playing in the 265 range. We all knew he didn't have moves coming out of college just an incredible first step. Give it time.

This should work well next year when we switch to the 3 - 4 under Bill Cowher :thumbsup:

I have to disagree colin. His blitz packages have been lacking this year and the secondary still looks lost. I will cut him some slack because the LBer corps have been destroyed by injuries again and have no veterans to help.

I'm going to give him a pass too. He's missing 75% of his starting secondary and 33% of his starting LB core which is now at 66% after this game as well as wrecking any depth besides Harris. The defense has played just fine most games. Imagine if they actually got some help from the offense and special teams???? :thumbsup:

Eh ... these are the people that hated Peters so much they actually made themselves believe that he sucked and anyone could do his job. SUCKERS!!!!

He was the biggest project. No matter how hard you try you can't teach speed. He was a junior coming out and is already as big as Schobel. Another year or so and my guess is he should be playing in the 265 range. We all knew he didn't have moves coming out of college just an incredible first step. Give it time.

Agreed, a work in progress with raw skill that needs time to be refined.

Ryan I'm not sure where you get the info that he was a 3rd to 4th round talent when just about every draft analyst out there had him pegged for the first round and the lowest I saw was the second in a few places. he also played in more than 12 games at PSU

He needs time on field to develop and he's just not getting that right now with Kelsay and Denney stepping up their play.

Playing him at LB should be addressed in the offseason because this kid needs to learn his primary position right now instead of trying to move him all over the field.