Nic Harris?

PDaDdy

He was the biggest project. No matter how hard you try you can't teach speed. He was a junior coming out and is already as big as Schobel. Another year or so and my guess is he should be playing in the 265 range. We all knew he didn't have moves coming out of college just an incredible first step. Give it time.

I get that he needs time. That was a given when he was drafted.

The question is, though, considering how the offensive tackle situation is a mess (and a predictable one at that), and the difficulty that the Bills have had stopping the run (predictable based on the size of their DTs), and the lack of depth at LB, was drafting a guy at #11 who might someday develop into the next Schobel the best use of the pick?

I don't think it was.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I get that he needs time. That was a given when he was drafted.

The question is, though, considering how the offensive tackle situation is a mess (and a predictable one at that), and the difficulty that the Bills have had stopping the run (predictable based on the size of their DTs), and the lack of depth at LB, was drafting a guy at #11 who might someday develop into the next Schobel the best use of the pick?

I don't think it was.

I debated this at length with people. If we spent our #11 pick on a LT it would have been an admission that we should have paid Peters and never let him go. Why would you pay a completely unproven bust potential rookie at LT, the 2nd most important position on offense, 70% of the money Peters wanted to protect your QBs blind side instead of retaining your 26 year old 2 time pro bowler? DUMB ... DUH DUMB DUMB!!!

They had to pretend that the answer was already on the roster to save face. When a huge hulking road grating career RT didn't turn out to be the answer at LT people refused to admit they could be so wrong about easily replacing Peters that they blamed it on Walker not trying enough. Spud Webb isn't going to be Shaq no matter how hard he tries.

We tried to make Walker something he wasn't.

I debated this at length with people. If we spent our #11 pick on a LT it would have been an admission that we should have paid Peters and never let him go. Why would you pay a completely unproven bust potential rookie at LT, the 2nd most important position on offense, 70% of the money Peters wanted to protect your QBs blind side instead of retaining your 26 year old 2 time pro bowler? DUMB ... DUH DUMB DUMB!!!

They had to pretend that the answer was already on the roster to save face. When a huge hulking road grating career RT didn't turn out to be the answer at LT people refused to admit they could be so wrong about easily replacing Peters that they blamed it on Walker not trying enough. Spud Webb isn't going to be Shaq no matter how hard he tries.

We tried to make Walker something he wasn't.

Okay, so if they were trying to save face with the LT position by putting less talent on the field, why not bolster the DT position, or the LB position?

We all realize that the Bills used the 11th pick in the draft on a back-up for Chris Kelsay, right? Would that pick be put to better use to replace Ellison?

Okay, so if they were trying to save face with the LT position by putting less talent on the field, why not bolster the DT position, or the LB position?

We all realize that the Bills used the 11th pick in the draft on a back-up for Chris Kelsay, right? Would that pick be put to better use to replace Ellison?

Good question. Not sure the talent at those positions were really there.

I guess the Bills braintrust decided that they could take on a project in the first round.

1st pick - Pick a player suited for a OLB as their DE

2nd pick - Pick the most dominant center coming out of the draft and put him at RG

3rd pick - Picked a Free Safety, when you had already invested a 8th pick overall on a safety 4 seasons ago

4th pick - Picked a player who played LT at School to be the starting LG

5th pick - Picked a player who played Safety to play OLB.

And finally here is the twist....

Replace your best OT with your RT who was never comfortable at that position and then couple of days before season, dump him too and start a UDFA who was still so raw to protect the QB's blind side.....

All this from a coaching staff that has never been able to coach a single winning season here..

Every line above spells disaster.....

WHY ? WHY ? WHY ?

The Bills also want to be a Tampa-2 team, but they finally figured out they had no pass rush. It's hard to fault them for trying to improve the pass rush from putrid, but they did so in a typical Billsonian fashion. To improve the pass rush they took a project, a kid who was an early entry into the draft and had limited college playing experience.

1st pick - Pick a player suited for a OLB as their DE

2nd pick - Pick the most dominant center coming out of the draft and put him at RG

3rd pick - Picked a Free Safety, when you had already invested a 8th pick overall on a safety 4 seasons ago

4th pick - Picked a player who played LT at School to be the starting LG

5th pick - Picked a player who played Safety to play OLB.

And finally here is the twist....

Replace your best OT with your RT who was never comfortable at that position and then couple of days before season, dump him too and start a UDFA who was still so raw to protect the QB's blind side.....

All this from a coaching staff that has never been able to coach a single winning season here..

Every line above spells disaster.....

WHY ? WHY ? WHY ?

Don't forget the front office makes the personnel moves. I doubt Jauron in his position REALLY wanted to make SOME of those moves.