Folks, firing Jauron is not the answer

Firing Jauron should be the start of an avalanche of dismissals that should include at least four other people. Jauron, Brandon, Modrak, Guy and Allaire should all be gone. I'm willing to give Fewell another chance because his defense is absolutely decimated by injuries. I think they pulled someone from the stands to play MLB after Buggs went down.

If you don't clean house you're just putting a band aid on a massive head wound. Jauron is responsible for getting the team ready to play and he's failing miserably. The other stooges are responsible for making sure we have actual NFL level talent on this team.

Anything other than a complete house cleaning is just prolonging the pain.

Firing Jauron should be the start of an avalanche of dismissals that should include at least four other people. Jauron, Brandon, Modrak, Guy and Allaire should all be gone. I'm willing to give Fewell another chance because his defense is absolutely decimated by injuries. I think they pulled someone from the stands to play MLB after Buggs went down.

If you don't clean house you're just putting a band aid on a massive head wound. Jauron is responsible for getting the team ready to play and he's failing miserably. The other stooges are responsible for making sure we have actual NFL level talent on this team.

99% in agreement. I've been saying for two years that this team will continue to go nowhere until a real GM with real authority and accountability is hired in the place of the hydra-headed "braintrust." That said, i would retain Brandon in a non-football capacity. The guy could sell turds to the sewer authority.

Come back and say that after the 'Cuse starts winning again. :lol:

:lol: very true... or according to a lot of the members of this board, the complete failure of this entire organization is all the QB's fault

99% in agreement. I've been saying for two years that this team will continue to go nowhere until a real GM with real authority and accountability is hired in the place of the hydra-headed "braintrust." That said, i would retain Brandon in a non-football capacity. The guy could sell turds to the sewer authority.

If we had a decent football team, they would sell themselves and we wouldn't did a snake oil salesman. Gut the whole thing.

If KEEPING Jauron is the answer, then I don't even want to think about the question...

(*sigh*) This is bad, This is really bad. It's almost like the sports movie cliche where the owner WANTS the team to be abysmal because he's trying to move them to another city. Next thing you know we'll be bringing in a washed-up coach and signing an aging prima donna wide-receiver. Oh, wait ... never mind!

I think most fans agree that firing Jauron is only the beginning to what changes need to take place.

Totally agree, but it would at least give hope that a complete overhaul is on the way. I've said it before that this team has drafted poorly the last 10 years, although I like this years draft outside of Mabin. Bring in a real GM and get rid of Modrak and Guy by the end of the year.

I would give Brandon a pass...He is relying on the opinions and recommendations of Modrak and Guy...but they both need to go along with DJ. I believe Fewell needs to go as well - I hate how the DBs play so far off; is that DJ or Fewell?

No way. It all starts with the top and though it appears there is no way to fire the owner, you gotta advocate firing Brandon as the next best thing.

It is impossible not to see that the Bills problem is not simply that they are 0-4 years of making the playoffs under Jauron but that we are 0 for a decade under the leadership of Mr. Ralph.

The owner cannot be fired and though a personality transplant for Ralph might be the thing to do if he had the come to Jesus moment required it unfortunately would be a literal come to Jesus moment and there is a complete lack of clarity as to whether the Bills would survive in Buffalo after this event.

Brandon neither deserves nor should get a pass.

No way. It all starts with the top and though it appears there is no way to fire the owner, you gotta advocate firing Brandon as the next best thing.

It is impossible not to see that the Bills problem is not simply that they are 0-4 years of making the playoffs under Jauron but that we are 0 for a decade under the leadership of Mr. Ralph.

The owner cannot be fired and though a personality transplant for Ralph might be the thing to do if he had the come to Jesus moment required it unfortunately would be a literal come to Jesus moment and there is a complete lack of clarity as to whether the Bills would survive in Buffalo after this event.

What exactly has Brandon done to deserve getting canned? He may be "GM" but it is Modrak and his traff who scouts the colleges and Guy and his staff scour the other teams for FAs to bring in...the decisions that are made are int eh circle of trust, the GM can only make decisions based off of the information he is given...I think it is difficult to gauge Brandon's ability or inability with those two people making the recommendations...

That being said, I am in favor of him keeping him as COO and bringing in a true GM...

Brandon has done a great job marketing this putrid bowl of skank, to the tune of 57,000 season tickets. If Ralph has anything left upstairs, Brandon will stay upstairs and give the football ops to someone who actually knows the game.

Brandon is a good COO, but not an NFL GM. He should, and probably will, stick around after the rest of the toilet bowl is flushed.

Firing Jauron is the smartest move right now. Let someone new judge talent (players and coaches) now. Not waiting for the offseason, FA, mini-camps, TC or anything. Judge now, makes necessary changes next. Just taking away from extra time if they wait.

Firing Jauron wouldn't solve all the Bills problems, but GETTING A SMARTER COACH IN HERE WOULD BE A HUGE STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.

With weapons like Lynch, Jackson, Evans & T.O. at your disposal there is absolutly no exucse for the Bills to get only 3 points against the !@#$ing Browns.

Get a smarter coach, then we'll see how far this team can go (see last year's Dolphins)