That is NO indication of JP's talent

JP-era

He had no practice with the first team.

He had no real notion that he may play.

He was listed as the 3rd QB.

He was thrown in with no real notice against the world champs.

I dont count this game as anything for JP.

I did see him scramble and get us yards and kill a few sacks, something Drew cant manage to do!

Basically this action for JP is like the scrimmage with the Browns was for Drew. It takes time for the QB to jell with his squad. Moulds, Evans, McGahee, the o-line need to learn about what JP will do in what situation, and vice versa. They havent played together at all.

Give him a full week practicing with the 1st team and gameplanning with them, play him a whole game and lets see what he does.

He had no practice with the first team.

Well it's a good thing he wasn't playing with the first string then, huh?

He had no real notion that he may play.

Neither did Billy Joe.

I did see him scramble and get us yards and kill a few sacks, something Drew cant manage to do!

Apparantly you havn't been watching the Bills play recently, as Bledsoe has escaped several sacks the past three weeks and turned them into positive gains.

It will be interesting to see what he can do though. That interception had me cringing though...

CW

It will be interesting to see what he can do though. That interception had me cringing though...

CW

117644[/snapback]

Yeah that one had me wincing also but WTF......at least he threw it to an actual defender....not a WR playing CB.

JP looked tentative on the leg. I hope for the best. All I can say right now is...he ain't no Roethlisberger.

He did learn some great lessons is a no lose situation though.

1) Don't try to make a living scrambling in the NFL. You WILL get stripped of the ball. Use your legs to buy time and the occasional sideline scamper but mainly learn how to throw NFL passes and buy your self time in the pocket.

2) Really keep your eyes open or you will be embarrassed and throw directly to the wrong guy. Don't lock in on one guy like Bledsoe does.

PLEASE dont tell me people here are ragging on Losman after a few minutes of play on a bad leg? I thought putting him in there was very stupid since it was clear he wasnt confident in his leg strength yet, but even if he was healthy he would have gotten eaten alive against the Pats. Not every rookie QB is going to act like Big Ben. Losman, when he does play, will play badly since he's a rookie, but will show flashes. Give him an offseason of rest and work with the starters and he'll be great next year for us.

JP looked tentative on the leg.  I hope for the best.  All I can say right now is...he ain't no Roethlisberger.

117684[/snapback]

Big Ben would be absolutely horrible behind our O-Line and with our dropsies WRs. Watch a Steelers game, he's making some dumb rookie mistakes as well, but his offense is so good (I would dub it "Idiot proof") they can overcome any rookie mistakes Big Ben makes. If he were in Buffalo, we'd see him make the same mistakes Losman made last night.

Big Ben would be absolutely horrible behind our O-Line and with our dropsies WRs.  Watch a Steelers game, he's making some dumb rookie mistakes as well, but his offense is so good (I would dub it "Idiot proof") they can overcome any rookie mistakes Big Ben makes.  If he were in Buffalo, we'd see him make the same mistakes Losman made last night.

117691[/snapback]

Give Big Ben his props...the dude beat the Pats and Eagles. No offense is that idiot proof.

I just wish people would get it...it is not the talent of the players, it is the talent of the team. We have a very talent group of players, we have no talent as a team.