Bills move to LA??

Nostradamus

Troll, please go away. Cleary, you do NOT live there, as City of Industry is about 50 miles from LA - not 'minutes'. Takes me (and most others) about an hour and a half during NON-rush-hour, so if you can make that in "minutes", either you're way too young too know what driving is, or you live aboard the Starship Enterprise. Otherwise, as I'm sure is the case, you're just full of sh_t.

BTW - I've been to two Bills games there, proudly sporting Blue & Red; rough part of the LA area - but I never feared for getting mugged or anything else, and actually appreciated all the burnt-down houses, as they made for very cheap parking.

I guess that, if you've never lived in LA, you really don't know what it's like there.

Count yourself lucky on the never feared about getting mugged. I used to sell stuff outside of the coliseum and have seen plenty of visitors get their asses kicked. Depends on who wins the game. If LA would win, maybe just heckling. If LA lost tempers flared.

Anyways, I pulled up google maps to get the distance between City of Industry and downtown. It's about 25 km's.

The interesting thing I noticed was that City of Industry is pretty center to every corner of LA and Orange County. It's actually not a bad location for equal driving distances. I havn't lived there for about 15 years, but does the trollies and such go along the 60 now?

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Troll, please go away. Cleary, you do NOT live there, as City of Industry is about 50 miles from LA - not 'minutes'. Takes me (and most others) about an hour and a half during NON-rush-hour, so if you can make that in "minutes", either you're way too young too know what driving is, or you live aboard the Starship Enterprise. Otherwise, as I'm sure is the case, you're just full of sh_t.

BTW - I've been to two Bills games there, proudly sporting Blue & Red; rough part of the LA area - but I never feared for getting mugged or anything else, and actually appreciated all the burnt-down houses, as they made for very cheap parking.

I guess that, if you've never lived in LA, you really don't know what it's like there.

Have you gone senial?? or just stupid?

if YOU actually lived in the area then you would no that even your exagerated time of 50 minutes is still "minutes" for any LA commuter. Im old enough to know what driving is seeing as how i drive a truck for a living and could get to LA from industry in my 16 wheeler in less then 50 minutes, so YOU sir are the one that is completely full of ****, OHHHHHHHH wait you probably drive a pinto or something, OK that makes sense, yea it probably does take you that long considering all the times you need to pull over because of over heating. before you go spouting off next time do some damn research. from the 57/60 interchange(site of new stadium) to the staples center (That big building that the lakers play in right in the heart of Downtown LA) is less then 27 miles. so unless your driving like the old fart that you probably are doing about 30 mph, yes its MINUTES

Have a great night mr self proclamed "know it all"

As has been posted ad nauseum, 'ski, LA already 'sh-t the bed' on two NFL franchises. Plus, they still have two pro teams - UCLA & USC, so they really couldn't care less about NFL football out there.

But there are some really, really good Chinese restaurants in Industry, CA - so they got that goin' for them, which is nice. B-)

I've read that, heard it for a dozen years...the first part of your message. I wasn't aware of the 2nd part. :D

Have you gone senial?? or just stupid?

if YOU actually lived in the area then you would no that even your exagerated time of 50 minutes is still "minutes" for any LA commuter. Im old enough to know what driving is seeing as how i drive a truck for a living and could get to LA from industry in my 16 wheeler in less then 50 minutes, so YOU sir are the one that is completely full of ****, OHHHHHHHH wait you probably drive a pinto or something, OK that makes sense, yea it probably does take you that long considering all the times you need to pull over because of over heating. before you go spouting off next time do some damn research. from the 57/60 interchange(site of new stadium) to the staples center (That big building that the lakers play in right in the heart of Downtown LA) is less then 27 miles. so unless your driving like the old fart that you probably are doing about 30 mph, yes its MINUTES

Have a great night mr self proclamed "know it all"

I am by no means a 'know-it-all', but I challenge you to drive from, say, El Segundo to Industry in less than 90 minutes at 3:00 on a weekday afternoon without driving over everything in your path - and, if there's ever an NFL stadium out in that God-forsaken sh_t-hole, in less than 3 hours on a Sunday game day!!!

BTW, what's a 'pinto'? :D

(And, btw, I noticed nothing in you're response about the lack of interest in games being played at the Coliseum, which I'm guessing is - according to your watch - mere seconds away! B-) )

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/article/130784

According to this the cost to move a team is the team value + stadium value + NFL's relocation fee.

the Bills have a Forbes value of 821 million. A stadium right now is an estimated 800 million, and the NFL relocation fee is somewhere between 500 and 600 million. Roughly the total cost is going to be about 2 Billion to move the franchise. Who is going to put up that much money? Even if the government completely pays for the facilty, we're still looking at 1.35 billion just to buy and move the team, plus it needs to be approved by the NFL Owners. This isn't something that is going to happen anytime soon if at all.

EDIT I'm sorry the Bills are currently valued at 909 mil. 821 was from 2007

You're reading comprehension skills are impeccable... except there's no Susie, Jimmy, noone was drunk, and the conversation didn't take place at a bar.

Your lack of understanding facetiousness is not only a testament of how small minded you are, but also reveals your hypocrisy as you testify to understand how unbelievable your little story is.

"noone was drunk"?, your proof reading skills are impeccable.

I am by no means a 'know-it-all', but I challenge you to drive from, say, El Segundo to Industry in less than 90 minutes at 3:00 on a weekday afternoon without driving over everything in your path - and, if there's ever an NFL stadium out in that God-forsaken sh_t-hole, in less than 3 hours on a Sunday game day!!!

BTW, what's a 'pinto'? :D

(And, btw, I noticed nothing in you're response about the lack of interest in games being played at the Coliseum, which I'm guessing is - according to your watch - mere seconds away! B-) )

I said downtown los angeles, sure switch it to el segundo after looking at google maps and realizing your an ass, yes el segundo IS farther then downtown LA and you have to deal with the 105, yes that would take significantly longer, 3 hours is again well exagerated, i could drive from el segundo to apple valley in 3 hours in traffic (uh oh your going to have to google map that too now so you can look like you know what your talking about)

pinto-come on man i know your old, but is alzheimers already kicking in?? ford pinto

and as far as talking about the colliseum, i think i spoke of that in my first post that you were too busy talking about the "minutes" instead of reading into what the post was actually talking about, but just to point out that you dont know what your talking about again, the coliseum is right by the staples center which is still less then 30 miles away from the city of industry,

I said downtown los angeles, sure switch it to el segundo after looking at google maps and realizing your an ass, yes el segundo IS farther then downtown LA and you have to deal with the 105, yes that would take significantly longer, 3 hours is again well exagerated, i could drive from el segundo to apple valley in 3 hours in traffic (uh oh your going to have to google map that too now so you can look like you know what your talking about)

pinto-come on man i know your old, but is alzheimers already kicking in?? ford pinto

and as far as talking about the colliseum, i think i spoke of that in my first post that you were too busy talking about the "minutes" instead of reading into what the post was actually talking about, but just to point out that you dont know what your talking about again, the coliseum is right by the staples center which is still less then 30 miles away from the city of industry,

Did you just type "your an ass"??? (Yes, I believe you did - so much for the merits of public education B-) )

Why the f__k would I have to look at a Google map? I was based in CA for 7 years, and even after returning back East, still flew out there every month. Crawled/drove all over LA & SoCal, from beautiful Orange County, to Burbank, to Calabasas, to Simi Valley, to that freaking cesspool called City of Industry, and am still wondering...

Is there an actual 'downtown' LA? If so, please name all the folks you know that live there - all 2 of 'em.

That's the point, my friend - it doesn't matter where this fictional place you call 'downtown' LA exists or doesn't - the point is how far Industry is from where real people actually reside, and how long it takes people with money and interest to get to HellHole, CA from Calabasas, Malibu, El Segundo, Marina Del Rey, Pacific Palisades, Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach, Long Beach, Seal Beach, Irvine, Newport, Dana Point, etc., etc., etc.

It's the 2nd largest Metropolitan area - and, more importantly, the 2nd largest TV market - in the US, yet they've failed to support TWO NFL teams, despite the fact the Rams were perennial contenders.

(Why the HELL am I still talking to this idiot???? Congrats, Nostradamus - you got me!!!! :D )

#1: Don't believe attorneys. Use them for what their worth when there's **** on your stick, but remember they are arrogant, over-opinionated, and 9 times out of 10, have less than average sized peepees. Attorneys, are more less the problem with our country.

You seem like a guy who has seen a lot of penises in his day.

Try reading again... the frightening part is that Wilson supposedly shut Golisano out of the bidding entirely... as if the writing is already on the wall.

While your post is obviously interesting (if you do not think so then not the number of responses this thread has engendered). However:

1. You are right on target that this is 5th hand and on the face of it has the very limited degree of believability that any 4th hand account would inspire, However, I would think anyone who hangs around in court as much as you seem to would react to the testimony of a single witness as not necessarily being reliable (even if you found them perfect in the past there must be independent confirmation of the same set of facts in order for even the one person to be believed beyond a reasonable doubt (or even based on a preponderance of the evidence), In this case the additional hands you site are not confirmations of a specific fact case (Golisano says X and persons B and C confirm Golisano's statement of X). They simply are independent alleged confirmations of potential motivations for why the alleged claim of Golisano is true.

If your DWI attorney had some direct knowledge that Ralph met with the CA folks on X date and said Ralph said (or even better had tape of Ralph saying this is why he froze Golisano out then maybe this might be the difficult to believe 4th hand account one might consider and discount.

However, the situation you lay out here is thinner than 4th hand as it includes not only an assumption of correctness of the 1st hand account, but also accepting a logic chain which might be true but need a whole lot more corroboration to be taken seriously.

2. On your first point in chain, I am not sure why you find this scary.

Even if true there are a whole bunch of reasons why Mr. Ralph might want to freeze Golisano out

A. He might consider Golisano a dickwad (probably true from the way he has handled the Sabres.

B. He may love Golisano and is saving him the effort of putting together a acquisition team cause he has already decided to sale to LA or alternately he is saving him the trouble cause he has already decided to sale to Jimbo/Thurman or he wants to save him the trouble because he is gonna give the ahooting match to a not-for-profit in an irrevocable trust and is gonna avoid the entire estate tax issue. I mean who knows.

C, He in fact is gonna sale to LA, but the economy is topsy turvy right now and the idea that anyone is gonna find a billion in capital right now is pretty dubious and Ralph does not consider Golisano a serious bidder.

3. One other thing I find pretty lacking in the logic chain you lay out is that even if all this is true, it does not guarantee at all an outcome that this deal goes through and the Bills leave Buffalo or certainly even if the Bills are sold that Buffalo ends up without a franchise.

Specifically:

A. The NFL effectively has a veto over any individual sale if the entity chooses as by rule and firmer law than if they wanted to move the team they can veto any sale to a new owner as not acceptable to them. The NFL has a couple of financial reasons why they would want to disapprove a sale or simply slow it down to scare the banks and bondholders from putting up the capital to make this deal which likely will be over a billion dollars:

(1) The pretty clear NFL fiscal strategy is to try to expand to get the huge number of eyeballs watching TV in Europe, Mexico, S. America, Asia and even in Toronto. The market rules and while the market for an individual owner might be richer in LA, for the NFL as a whole the market is better served by showing some solidity and loyalty to a new city being asked to pony up big bucks. The uncertainty caused by the NFL creating a ruckus, lamentations and within in the town of Buffalo is not the best selling point to get Mexico City, Berlin or Tokyo to put big bucks into a team. What the latest CBA

confirmed and Mr. Ralph's losing vote confirmed is that this is not your grandmother's NFL anymore. What one individual owner wants is important, but if Jerry Jones feels Mr. Ralph may benefit from selling his team to LA, but he merely gets 1/32nd of millions in the transfer fee but sets back his ability to score 1/32 of billions in expansion to other countries the NFL may not let a negotiation and move by Mr. Ralph go through.

(2) One of the other players in this deal is the City of Buffalo. Even lightweights in a failing city like Cleveland were able to beat the NFL to a draw in case that did not even have the extra leverage of a team transfer in ownership. WNY (and in fact all of NYS will whine as the state will have no team playing games and ponying up taxes within its borders) will attempt to mount a blocking action and even as feeble as the leadership is in NYS, the vans better roll up at night like they did in the Balt/Indy shuffle because the status quo is for a Buffalo franchise and blocking is easier than doing.

(3) another player is the US Congress and while the NFL currently enjoys a partial exemption from anti-trust laws my sense is that this will at least come into serious play if this team were to make a move. The costs to the NFL of a team move might be high.

I do not see how you credibly simply ignore these other factors and one i have not even thought about yet.

If I were you I would not get scared at all yet. Others who actually have some dollars in this fight definitely need to prepare for a fight but they will have a lot of tools in their war chest which can make this a real fight that they can prepare for.

Those of us on the outside prepare best by rooting like madfolk for their team on the field of sports battle right now and simply preparing to look sad if the situation calls for it.

the Brinkworths own a few bars. I'd hardly consider them to be aing remotely resembling prominent developers

Is this the thread that claims the Brinkworths as CREDIBLE!? Haha. That's funny. I have gone to high school and college with three of these guys who I call "friend." I assure you that this is all balderdash...

The only thing "credible" about the Brinkworths that I know, is they're in"credibly" full of **** B-):D

Is this the thread that claims the Brinkworths as CREDIBLE!? Haha. That's funny. I have gone to high school and college with three of these guys who I call "friend." I assure you that this is all balderdash...

The only thing "credible" about the Brinkworths that I know, is they're in"credibly" full of **** B-):D

Actually, I think this is the thread that proclaims the Brinkworths as 'prominent WNY developers', or moguls, tycoons, or some other sh_t like that B-) The Brinkworths are non-entities - crooks and miscreants, desperately clutching at vestiges of an era-gone-by.

Myself, I think Eddie Brady's a bigger WNY mogul than the Brinkworths.

So tomorrow, I'm gonna ask Eddie if he's buyin' Da Billsss!!!!

While your post is obblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blab blab blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blab blab blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blab blab blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blab blab blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blab blab blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blab blab blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah it.

fixed.

Let me preface this by saying that, admittedly, this information has roughly 4 layers of hearsay to it.

Let me also preface this by saying that I am repeating what I heard verbatim, and, based on my knowledge of at least some of the people involved in this communication, I think this narrative has sufficient reliability to be posted on a message board, if not the New York Times.

Anyway, I was in court yesterday, where I work, when the conversation turned to Eric Moulds and his pending legal matter. The conversation then segued into the current state of the Bills. A prominent and seemingly very straightforward DWI defense attorney that I know said he had had a conversation with one of the Brinkworths, who I believe are prominent developers in the community. One of the Brinkworths told him (the attorney) that he had spoke with Golisano about the possibility of purchasing the Bills.

Golisano said that he HAS approached Wilson about putting a group together, but Wilson completely froze him out. Wilson supposedly said that he was already negotiating with a group called "Industry of California" about the prospective sale, (and presumable relocation) of the franchise.

I understand that this post may be met with skepticism. However, it's my opinion that the circumstances of this information ARE reliable, in that every link of the communication is with people who really would have access to this information. In other words, there is no "my cousin has a friend who is a bartender that poured Jim Kelly a drink...)... that kind of thing.

I post this knowing that I may open myself up to flaming, but with two objectives. One, I know that as a diehard, I would want one of you to post this info if it was at your disposal, and then it would be up to each individual poster to decide whether or not the post was credible. More importantly, I'm hoping that the Tim Graham's of this board would further investigate to see the validity of this info.

[/quo

Sounds like a good story..but don't buy it for a minute...If you said Jacksonville maybe....but we're not going anywhere as long as Ralph Wilson is alive and has his faculties. I don't buy this creative story at all...but good effort anyways, Thanks! B-)

LA is the Dick Jauron of NFL cities...

its a constant failure, yet somehow it continues to attract teams, always bringing hope that it will somehow, someway be better than before... as we see with Jauron, it never will...

You don't know a thing about so cal or the people here, I attended high school at Bishop Timon and was all catholic in 2 sports and a bills season ticket holder for 9 years. Industry is in the middle of the Inland Empire and LA about a 30 min drive from either. The people here who are poor to middle class would be in the upper class in Buffalo (east amherst or hamburg) They have money and love the teams here dodgers angels ducks, they will get fans from both parts of so cal, but I wouldn't fret Jax is gonna go BKRUPT way b4 ralphie boy croaks!!!

Actually, I think this is the thread that proclaims the Brinkworths as 'prominent WNY developers', or moguls, tycoons, or some other sh_t like that B-) The Brinkworths are non-entities - crooks and miscreants, desperately clutching at vestiges of an era-gone-by.

Myself, I think Eddie Brady's a bigger WNY mogul than the Brinkworths.

So tomorrow, I'm gonna ask Eddie if he's buyin' Da Billsss!!!!

I saw Eddie pummel a man with 2 punches back at the old flying tigers when he was a bouncer...I have a few drinks before every Sabres game we attend before and after....Good man he is