Barrett-Jackson Auto Auction

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you kidding? It was south Carolina. Ever hear of moonshiners?

NORTH Carolina.

Ya... I thought of that... I guess that was kept sorta hush-hush on Prime Time.

Anyway... I like the episode when Barney buys a car... From the actor that played Sam the butcher on The Brady Bunch and the grandmother on The Waltons... :unsure::wallbash:

NORTH Carolina.

Anyway... I like the episode when Barney buys a car... From the actor that played Sam the butcher on The Brady Bunch and the grandmother on The Waltons... :unsure::wallbash:

Their all south to me. Just saw that episode-never noticed that was gramma Walton.

Okk bdelma I will call bs on myself. After making a phone call too the shop I found out where I got mixed up. Looked at two cars side by side(this was a few years ago) and I got my facts crossed. The gto is a special made model for Hurst shifters. A few goodies on it like a different shifter, wheel covers and badges. That GTO is worth approx $50,000. So I'm full of bull on that one. However, sitting beside that car, and the one I got mixed up with the GTO on, is a 59 2 door Bel Air. THIS was the car that I had in my brain and it was the one with one of, or the first factory car to have fuel injection. It is worth, in these recessionary times, between 250,00-300,000. Only 3 of these were made apparently. So, my bad.

Actually, the 'vette had fuel-injection first, in '57 - on same 283 CI engine as the Bel Air. They're very rare, but every once-in-a-while I do see '57 and '58 'vettes with the Fuel-injected 283 CI engine on eBay for way under $250K - sometimes less than half of that. I never knew Chevy offered it on the Bel Air, or any car other than the 'vette, back in the '50s - that would be a rare find.

I don't think Bill France was ever a bootlegger, but no question many of the early drivers were.

No question Junior Johnson was. I always thought Lee Petty was too, but I'm probably not going to find anything to back that up.

But yeah, those guys used to strip down the inside of the cars to make room for as much 'shine as they could fit, beef up the springs to hold the weight, soup-up the motors so they could outrun the cops, and there was the makings of a racing 'stock car' and the driving skill-set to go with it...

link

No question Junior Johnson was. I always thought Lee Petty was too, but I'm probably not going to find anything to back that up.

But yeah, those guys used to strip down the inside of the cars to make room for as much 'shine as they could fit, beef up the springs to hold the weight, soup-up the motors so they could outrun the cops, and there was the makings of a racing 'stock car' and the driving skill-set to go with it...

link

And they call baseball the great American pastime

NORTH Carolina.

Anyway... I like the episode when Barney buys a car... From the actor that played Sam the butcher on The Brady Bunch and the grandmother on The Waltons... :lol::lol:

Actually, EI2, moon-shining and drunkenness were major sources of comedy for Sheriff Taylor and Deputy Fife - don't tell me you don't remember Otis The Drunk...

Link - 'On a Bender in Mayberry' :rolleyes:

Obviously not a Buffalo car!

All the 63's were pretty much rusted thru by 66-67. No matter, in the 60's you could replace a car like that every 3-4 years. I'll bet it didn't cost $2800 new, and the gas would have been under $0.30 a gallon.

I would never call a 63 Galaxy with a 289 a "muscle car." It would need a 390 or better for that label.

If I had the money, which is not even a question, I don't think I would give it a second look.

All the 63's were pretty much rusted thru by 66-67. No matter, in the 60's you could replace a car like that every 3-4 years. I'll bet it didn't cost $2800 new, and the gas would have been under $0.30 a gallon.

I would never call a 63 Galaxy with a 289 a "muscle car." It would need a 390 or better for that label.

If I had the money, which is not even a question, I don't think I would give it a second look.

Ford loved that 289 engine in the 60's. Zippy engine, but not the beast of the muscle car age.

which is what a real police interceptor would have had. But of course this one was signed on the door by Don Knotts :rolleyes:

B-)

I live in Buffalo (again)...

"STANDING UP FOR YOUR RIGHT TO GET FALLING DOWN DRUNK SINCE 1996"

GO BILLSSS!!!!

REVERSE THE CURSE!!!!! :D

Winos have stopped asking you for change. They just nod and give you that weird half-smile.

Wild Turkey 101 neat tastes watered down.

The liquor store clerk looks in your cart and says, “Woo! That’s gonna be some party!” And you think, “Party?”

It doesn’t bother you when you wake up with an empty wallet because all those bartenders and waitresses probably deserve that money more than you do and HOLY **** HOW THE !@#$ DID I SPEND SO MUCH !@#$ING MONEY?

Your hangover has a hangover.

Your binge drinking gets in the way of your benders.

There’s a garbage can in your living room.

You think it’s perfectly reasonable to waive the “a gentlemen never drinks before noon” rule so long as the gentleman in question is still up from the night before.

You sometimes like to start the morning with a hearty, “Who the !@#$ are you?”

You have no memory of ever eating a 7-Eleven jalapeno dog and you’ve eaten about 50.

You sometimes misplace yourself.

You know that black carbon smoke from a forgotten pot of Top Ramen makes for an excellent alarm clock.

You think the world revolves around you, especially when you lie down.

—FKR, Aquarius

You think.