Barrett-Jackson Auto Auction

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friend of mine in Lackawanna bought a 70 cuda 440 6 pack 4 speed in 1974 from the original owner for $2000. Drove it that summer and joined the army.14000 miles, original paint, not a scratch. Sat in his parents garage 1974-1992. Sold it in 92 for $7000 to pay some bills. Never told me he was selling it. When I asked why he never gave me a shot at it he said"I didn't want to sell it to someone I know because then would see the car around" :P:lol::lol:

My brother in law has old cars stored at his shop. He has a mid 60s gto in there worth over $400,000. Not his, a rich customers. Have a pic of it somewhere. If I remember correctly whats special about this particular car is that its one of the first American production cars with fuel injection. Or something to do with fuel injection. Anyway, $110,000 is not surprising at all for these things. I would think the Galaxie is worth that much becasue they seem so rare. I work 4 big car shows a year out here and almost never see those cars. If you don't find em out here there probably isn't many around.

It's like baseball cards. Just amazing what people are willing to spend.

I love old American Muscle cars but I doubt I'll ever own one. I could get into a late model Corvette Z06 for way less and get so much more car it's not even funny. The market is incredibly artificial.

My brother in law has old cars stored at his shop. He has a mid 60s gto in there worth over $400,000. Not his, a rich customers. Have a pic of it somewhere. If I remember correctly whats special about this particular car is that its one of the first American production cars with fuel injection. Or something to do with fuel injection. Anyway, $110,000 is not surprising at all for these things. I would think the Galaxie is worth that much becasue they seem so rare. I work 4 big car shows a year out here and almost never see those cars. If you don't find em out here there probably isn't many around.

$400,000 your kidding. Is it one of one? Find that hard to believe.

Resto-Mod?

yeah kinda sorta. I saw on Discovery channel the other day, this company did a 1970 Chevelle restore using a GM A-Frame with a Corvette LS1 Engine and Tranny then plopped the Chevelle body on top of it I thought it was pretty cool.

Hey thats what he said. If I remember correctly it was only one of six. Nothing special to look at. Just rare. These guys who collect cars are super passionate and have lots of cash. So I'm never surprised at the money paid for this stuff. This guy I'm talking about has 50 or 60 cars stored above my brother in laws shop. All years and types. Only American cars though. The only foreign one I can remember seeing there is a vintage 60s VW van. The type surfers use to use out here.

Okk bdelma I will call bs on myself. After making a phone call too the shop I found out where I got mixed up. Looked at two cars side by side(this was a few years ago) and I got my facts crossed. The gto is a special made model for Hurst shifters. A few goodies on it like a different shifter, wheel covers and badges. That GTO is worth approx $50,000. So I'm full of bull on that one. However, sitting beside that car, and the one I got mixed up with the GTO on, is a 59 2 door Bel Air. THIS was the car that I had in my brain and it was the one with one of, or the first factory car to have fuel injection. It is worth, in these recessionary times, between 250,00-300,000. Only 3 of these were made apparently. So, my bad.

Okk bdelma I will call bs on myself. After making a phone call too the shop I found out where I got mixed up. Looked at two cars side by side(this was a few years ago) and I got my facts crossed. The gto is a special made model for Hurst shifters. A few goodies on it like a different shifter, wheel covers and badges. That GTO is worth approx $50,000. So I'm full of bull on that one. However, sitting beside that car, and the one I got mixed up with the GTO on, is a 59 2 door Bel Air. THIS was the car that I had in my brain and it was the one with one of, or the first factory car to have fuel injection. It is worth, in these recessionary times, between 250,00-300,000. Only 3 of these were made apparently. So, my bad.

I watch quite a bit of the auctions like BJ and Mecum's The fuely sounds like a rare piece. I have friends that are into custom rods and corvettes.

It's like baseball cards. Just amazing what people are willing to spend.

I love old American Muscle cars but I doubt I'll ever own one. I could get into a late model Corvette Z06 for way less and get so much more car it's not even funny. The market is incredibly artificial.

I just bought a 95 Z07 a few months ago for $7,500. Needs some very minor touch ups, other than that it's in great shape. No better car for the money out there right now than C4's.

I just bought a 95 Z07 a few months ago for $7,500. Needs some very minor touch ups, other than that it's in great shape. No better car for the money out there right now than C4's.

It's like there's no floor for the price on them, either. Only the ZR-1s are holding any value. Even the "collectible" versions of the C4 are in free fall.

What surprised me was it was not even a real police interceptor-just a stock galaxie painted like a cop car.