players defending jauron ... lol what a joke

Wow. Trentative and Ellison are defending jauron. Two players who'd be nailed to the pine the instant a new coach came in. Big shock they are defending the only guy in the NFL that would give them a starting gig.

Wow. Trentative and Ellison are defending jauron. Two players who'd be nailed to the pine the instant a new coach came in. Big shock they are defending the only guy in the NFL that would give them a starting gig.

we need at least one player to come forward and get in jauron's face. quesion the 4th and 1 punt call. say how that kind of thing has been going on too long and how the guys are sick of it but most wont speak. that would force a brown-noser like edwards to react to what's being said. this team needs an antagonist. right now we have the best one in history in TO but hes muzzled, so someone else has to step up.

stroud, mcgee, evans, mitchell, whitner, schoeble i think are the only candidates. lynch was out on suspension, jacksons too thankful that the bills gave him a chance, edwards is a butt smoocher, no one cares what kickers say, and no one else on the team has any stature.

Completely agree. It's like deja vu. Jauron tells the media that it's his fault the team isn't playing well, followed up by players defending their coach and telling everyone they're angry and it's their responsibility.

It truly is a never ending nightmare.

Yeah it is, because you forgot the inevitable next step in the chain of events, where right after they claim they are taking responsibility, and we fans better get ready to see some positive changes, they go out and stink up the place yet again, as if none of these speeches ever occurred. Perfect time for Cleveland to visit.

Jonathan Scott is relaxing...and Keith Ellison is busy figuring out which set of eight teammates he will point at on Sunday to accept responsibility for a bad play.

:beer:

Ellison reminds me of Eddie Robinson, who had perhaps the worst year of any Bills LB in 02. But since we actually had some depth at the time, 1 yr was all he lasted here. Unlike Ellison who's poor play landed him a spot at MLB.

Ellison reminds me of Eddie Robinson, who had perhaps the worst year of any Bills LB in 02. But since we actually had some depth at the time, 1 yr was all he lasted here. Unlike Ellison who's poor play landed him a spot at MLB.

the only thing wrong with last week was Chad Pennington not playing, and getting a chance at faking out Ellison.

Looks like standard player party line a couple weeks before the dude gets fired. Translation. Deep down we know our coach sucks but he's a nice guy and doesn't yell at us so we don't want to bash him in the media. Once you see stories like this in the press coach is a dead man walking.

But the undead can live forever (or at least for another three years). Seriously, I respect the man for his evident human qualities but unfortunately these do not qualify him to be a NFL HC.

edwards is an apple polisher. now we know how he got into stanford

oh shut up. Edwards gets it. He's in a sh_tty franchise and he knows it. He's in a bad spot , playing for his next contract in a crap franchise. He will be gone 1st oppty he gets. At least athletes at Stanford have to have grades to get in.. no apple polishing gonna work getting into those schools, even if you are an athlete...

oh shut up. Edwards gets it. He's in a sh_tty franchise and he knows it. He's in a bad spot , playing for his next contract in a crap franchise. He will be gone 1st oppty he gets. At least athletes at Stanford have to have grades to get in.. no apple polishing gonna work getting into those schools, even if you are an athlete...

yeah well Elway was a dope too and he went there. And so is Michelle Wie, who's there now. And Jauron went to Yale .... starrting to see a pattern here?

If Edwards was so darned smart he'd realize he better find a way to look good even with a bad coach/team, or his next contract will be backup again to JP, this time in the UFL.

Loyalty isn't totally dead - yet.

It's not loyalty.

Why is it hard to figure that the players like a guy who treats them with respect and honesty. I remember reading a quote from a guy who was cut saying something like "He was honest with me. He told me what I had to do to make the team. When I wasn't able to do it, I had nobody to blame but myself."

What's not to like?

The facts are that the players, unlike the fans, see Jauron up close. They see how he goes about his business, and they respect that. If anything, it's a joke that the fans think they understand what goes on behind closed doors. The players are going to lose jobs based on results. Losing teams will have more players leaving the league. The players know that. The fact that they sincerely support Jauron tells you that they don't think it's his fault.

Most likely, it isn't. He gets his share of the blame, of course, but the players ought to get the lion's share.

we need at least one player to come forward and get in jauron's face. quesion the 4th and 1 punt call. say how that kind of thing has been going on too long and how the guys are sick of it but most wont speak. that would force a brown-noser like edwards to react to what's being said. this team needs an antagonist. right now we have the best one in history in TO but hes muzzled, so someone else has to step up.

stroud, mcgee, evans, mitchell, whitner, schoeble i think are the only candidates. lynch was out on suspension, jacksons too thankful that the bills gave him a chance, edwards is a butt smoocher, no one cares what kickers say, and no one else on the team has any stature.

The players didn't say that they support every decision that he has made. I'm sure lots of them question that move. I hated it. But nobody is perfect and the players obviously think Jauron mostly makes the right move.

If they thought he was the reason they were losing games, then he would be taking money out of their pockets, and they wouldn't support him with anything but lip service.

I've never heard any player defend Bill Parcells.

The simple fact that the players have to defend the coach is itself a pretty damned clear indictment of the coach. :beer:

You've never heard that? I have. They defended him in Dallas when he just wasn't very good, and some defended him in N.Y. for not being human when some attacked him.

You've never heard that? I have. They defended him in Dallas when he just wasn't very good, and some defended him in N.Y. for not being human when some attacked him.

what a lot of the players dont realize is how Jauron exploits them. His bad decisions put them in a position to fail, and then when they do he says stuff like "they're learning, they have a ways to go, etc etc" <---- as in it's the players fault. Since no one ever buys into any self-effacing remarks, it's the players that are left out hung to dry.