Losman vs Roethlisberger

Simon

hehehe funny title, eh

For what it's worth, many forget that Big Ben actually got some NFL action before he started his 7-0 streak as a starter.

He came into the Stiller's secondgame of the year early in the 3rdqrtr(I think) when Maddox got hurt and in his first NFL action he was not good. Threw a bad one that went back to the house, threw another that hit a wide, wide open Corner in the hands and chest with 50yrds of space between him and the house and also threw another pick in his own end during Pittsburgh's only loss of the year.

So if you're going to compare Losman's first action with Roethlisbergers first action, make sure you use BigBen's real first action.

Cya

I've seen several Losman and Roethlisberger in the same sentence a few times, so I thought I'd give this a little Monday bump.

118490[/snapback]

Bump brother. You hit it dead on. Let me add Rothlesburger had an 'attitude' that not only the coaches but players had an issue with during camp. Funny how some playing time improves more than just playing :P

again, let's see how Losman does after 7 starts.

A few key differences:

- Roethlisberger is HUGE, JP looks a bit frail.

- Poise....looks like Ben's got it, where JP well...he looks a bit skittish (understandable behind this line)

Dunno. Already I'm feeling a bit uneasy about our future.

hehehe funny title, eh

For what it's worth, many forget that Big Ben actually got some NFL action before he started his 7-0 streak as a starter.

He came into the Stiller's secondgame of the year early in the 3rdqrtr(I think) when Maddox got hurt and in his first NFL action he was not good. Threw a bad one that went back to the house, threw another that hit a wide, wide open Corner in the hands and chest with 50yrds of space between him and the house and also threw another pick in his own end during Pittsburgh's only loss of the year.

So if you're going to compare Losman's first action with Roethlisbergers first action, make sure you use BigBen's real first action.

Cya

117406[/snapback]

Hmmm...Ben had 1 live NFL game to observe, and JP had 8 games. Seems like JP should have been MUCH more prepared and have a keener grasp of what was going on than Roethleisberger... :P

You know what? ALL of us can sit in all the QB and offensive meetings the Bills have. We could all have the entire playbook for 6 months. Guess what? we hit the field....we still suck.

PLAYING is the only way. JP has a fire that rothlesburger does NOT have. He is not the same QB. JP will be a lot like Favre on the field. Rothlesburger is more like Manning in most ways. BOTH Can be great QB's.

Poise....looks like Ben's got it, where JP well...he looks a bit skittish

For what it's worth, Roehtlisberger looked plenty skittish when he was thrown into his first game trailing on the road against a good defense.

Ben had 1 live NFL game to observe , and JP had 8 games. Seems like JP should have been MUCH more prepared and have a keener grasp of what was going on than Roethleisberger

C'mon now cincy, you know better than that. You can read the manual as many times as you want, but it ain't gonna help you when you get behind the wheel.

Cya

the bottom line is that TD tried like hell to get ben and he couldn't (or so it has been said). so i guess it's a moot point. i know i wanted ben all along but i knew it wasn't happening.

and realistically, if he HAD come here we would all think he sucked by now because he would be struggling like hell behind this clusterf--- of an offensive line.

My daughter just got her permit

I'm one year away from that and don't know if I've ever dreaded anything so much in my life.

I'm going to buy the biggest, heaviest hunk of American steel I can find and put 4 brand new $500 tires on it and airbags on every interior surface......

i remeber that day , wwhite kuckles big dent in the floor under my foot from steping on the brake..and my son just called they broke in to his car 2nd time in 2 weeks buffalo police do not send out a car to check it out told him to call campus security .they took a screw driver to the lock , dumb crackheads could have just reached in the back window and unlocked it, window still broken from last sunday night. third time in 1 year

I'm one year away from that and don't know if I've ever dreaded anything so much in my life.

I'm going to buy the biggest, heaviest hunk of American steel I can find and put 4 brand new $500 tires on it and airbags on every interior surface......

118637[/snapback]

Dude You have no idea. I took her out driving and damn near ended up in a tree! She turns 16 in January. Keeps talking about driving. I just dont' know if I can do it. I feel like I owe my parents an appology for whining so much about my car/ getting to drive.... :P

For what it's worth, Roehtlisberger looked plenty skittish when he was thrown into his first game trailing on the road against a good defense.

C'mon now cincy, you know better than that. You can read the manual as many times as you want, but it ain't gonna help you when you get behind the wheel.

Cya

118605[/snapback]

It certainly can't hurt to read the manual - the knowledge is generally beneficial when you get behind the wheel, Simon.

The meat of the issue is that JP had a college rep as being a self-serving snot, and Ben R did not.

And the snot now has a contract that drips with dollar bills. Think he will change?

It certainly can't hurt to read the manual - the knowledge is generally beneficial when you get behind the wheel, Simon.

The meat of the issue is that JP had a college rep as being a self-serving snot, and Ben R did not.

And the snot now has a contract that drips with dollar bills.  Think he will change?

118751[/snapback]

Show me in writing where he was percieved to be a 'self serving snot'. PROVE IT! I will counter with the article that proves he is 100% the opposite. JP losman SAVED tulane football. You better do some more research before talking that stevestojan about the kid.