This Season is Now Over

BenchBledsoe

Okay folks,

At 3-6 in the AFC it is safe to now say that this season is over.

DB was disgraceful tonight. Yes, that's right . . . disgraceful. It's no wonder that the networks rarely touch this team for nationally televised games. After this debacle and last year's Sunday Night "Kansas City Massacre" we probably won't see a nationally televised game at all next year. But if they keep putting us on the road against great teams in these games, good riddance.

So, lets get on the record officially here: Who wants DB starting next week and who wants JP. Despite JP looking awful tonight, I say it is time to get him some playing time.

I'll go on record as wanting JP to start next week. Who do y'all want to start next week? get on record right here, right now.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kpb0518
Okay folks,

At 3-6 in the AFC it is safe to now say that this season is over.

DB was disgraceful tonight. Yes, that's right . . . disgraceful. It's no wonder that the networks rarely touch this team for nationally televised games. After this debacle and last year's Sunday Night "Kansas City Massacre" we probably won't see a nationally televised game at all next year. But if they keep putting us on the road against great teams in these games, good riddance.

So, lets get on the record officially here: Who wants DB starting next week and who wants JP. Despite JP looking awful tonight, I say it is time to get him some playing time.

I'll go on record as wanting JP to start next week. Who do y'all want to start next week? get on record right here, right now.

117281[/snapback]

It's time to move on.

The future is now.

Evans replaces Reid - McGAhee Replaces Travis - JP replaces Drew.

Give JP the work. Perhaps it'll get this team on the right track for 2005. Plus he'll be able to get his timing down with Evans. I also think Travis should start carrrying the load with Willis to keep his carries down. There is absolutely no reason to push on the kid at this point.

Man, it hurts to talk like this in November....

I am going to give it ONE MORE loss befoer I say its over....alot of football left.  Though I have to admit, its very very dim at the moment.

117310[/snapback]

You aren't going to have to wait long. If they do beat St.Louis (it's probably a 50-50 shot) at home, they clearly will get blown out at Seattle.

THIS HAS GOT TO BE THE WORST ROAD TEAM IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE! I can't even picture them winning a road game this season.

Prepare to be upset my friend.  The reality is that DB gives us the best chance to win.

117327[/snapback]

That is absolutely not a true statement at this point. How on earth can you even say that after the total garbage we just witnessed? I agree DB will start next week. MM will bow down to TD's edict.

But you ridiculous DB backers had better enjoy the next few weeks. . . It will mercifully be the last of DB's starting days for this franchise.

Face it, this team is going nowhere fast. We are going to lose most of the games anyway. JP will at least have inexperience as an excuse.

Starting Bledsoe the rest of the season serves no purpose. It's also a slap in the face to the players that are busting their asses trying to win. A player in any other position playing as poorly as Bledsoe would have been benched by now.

That is absolutely not a true statement at this point. How on earth can you even say that after the total garbage we just witnessed?

117347[/snapback]

It's not hard, but you'd have to look at the big picture.

Dillon: 151 rushing yards, 74 of them in the first quarter.

Faulk: 61 rushing yards.

McGahee: 37 yards on 14 attempts.

I'll leave you to fill in the blanks.

campy, you don't get it.

mcgahee didn't get any yards because they run blitzed all night and committed to stopping the run first. There were receivers open, and drew couldn't hit them. he tried and threw it in the dirt. He even threw bad swing passes. He was unable to force them to back off our run game. He had many opportunities.

He threw the ball better to Troy Brown and Tedy Bruschi than any Bills receiver.

DREW, and drew alone, is the MAIN reason we lost tonight.

It's not hard, but you'd have to look at the big picture.

Dillon: 151 rushing yards, 74 of them in the first quarter.

Faulk: 61 rushing yards.

McGahee: 37 yards on 14 attempts.

I'll leave you to fill in the blanks.

117432[/snapback]

Just curious, but if you had to assign a percentage of blame for this game, a percentage of blame to DB, and then a percentage of blame for the defense, what numbers would you say?

campy, you don't get it.

mcgahee didn't get any yards because they run blitzed all night and committed to stopping the run first. There were receivers open, and drew couldn't hit them. he tried and threw it in the dirt. He even threw bad swing passes. He was unable to force them to back off our run game. He had many opportunities.

He threw the ball better to Troy Brown and Tedy Bruschi than any Bills receiver.

117438[/snapback]

The Pats freaking advertised all week that that was going to be their defensive plan. They knew Bledsoe couldn't beat them and now 98% of all Bills fans know it also.

Guest doclaw64
campy, you don't get it.

117438[/snapback]

The seasonis over lets get Losman some snaps and get him come experience at reading blitzes. That way he won't make that arwful mistake he made tonight. He throw it right to the patsy 5 yards from him. He just needs to take more snaps. This season is now over so let's build for the future. Bledsoe is not it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not that he had the greatest protection tonight but he was bad when he did have it.

Just curious, but if you had to assign a percentage of blame for this game, a percentage of blame to DB, and then a percentage of blame for the defense, what numbers would you say?

117439[/snapback]

The D coulodn't stop the run. Drew blew chunks, as did his offensive mates. Dillon ate up 74 yards against our D in the first quarter, and we barely managed to slow him down after that (and allowed Faulk to gain over 60 yards).

If DB played the way he did but the D shut down the run, I'd say about 80% with a healthy 19.9% at WM and the running game (to include the OL).

Since the D was worthless against the run AND the pass, they singlehandedly took us out of our gameplan, therefore, they get the lionshare of the blame. I'd say about 40% D, 30% WM/running game, and 30% DB/WRs.