This Season is Now Over

BenchBledsoe

There is absolutely no sane reason to start Bledsoe ever again for this team. None. Talk about playoffs is delusional, and embarrassing. I see no downside to starting JP. Worried about him getting hurt? He was already hurt. Worried about him looking bad? He already looked pretty bad. Let the kid get good. You don't get good standing on the sideline "learning" from watching an incompetent has-been. They are playing St. Louis at home. Now would be the perfect time.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

New England takes the life out of Bledsoe everytime we play. Not only do they beat us they psychologically kill our QB. He will be inefective and suck for a few more weeks. I bet we see JP about week 10, when the playoofs are way out of the question. Thisyear Bledsoe had everything he needed to show it wasn't his fault last year, but he didn't do it. I think Bledsoe should be gone next year--not just on the bench.. I like Bledsoe as a peron and wanted him to succeed, but he doesn't and it is time to move on. We need to beat the best and if we can't, we should move on to the next player to see if they can.

Why would you keep starting the person who WILL NOT be here next year.

Start LOSMAN.  Do it, I dare yaa.

118212[/snapback]

Because Lossman basically needs and extended preseason to proove to himself mentally that his leg is okay. Six games are plenty for that. He can learn the offense play at game speed and come in as the clear #1 in the offseason.

Our D singlehandedly took us out of our gameplan.  Whether you believe it or not simply doesn't matter.

117488[/snapback]

Repeated three and outs and interceptions did not help!

Why did they keep trying to run McGahee up the middle or to the right. It seemed like every time they went after the LEFT side of the D the running game worked.

Whether you believe it or not simply doesn't matter, either.

Neener, Neener, Neener. :blink:

Not only should JP start, Bledsoe should retire. By the second quarter, I could tell the man was defeated. That was a bad feeling. Even though Drew has improved in some areas, it's time to hang it up. Get JP some experiece, and hopefully Drew retires too. Even if JP proves worthy, we will need money from Bledsoe's contract to get at least one free agent Olineman and one pass rusher. If this at the very least is not accomplished this offseason, don't bother even dreaming we'll catch up with the Patriots. In the draft guess what? Go Oline some more. Get some guys who can get some serious movement up front.

Guest Guesteroo

Ummm . . . Campy my friend, It looks like it's you and "Air" Bledsowhat against the world on this point. And whether you believe it or not, simply doesn't matter.

Only 30% of the blame to DB? I think you'll find you are in the extreme minority of people who would say that. Maybe even the ONLY person who would say that. Does ANYONE else on this board agree that DB should only get 30% of the blame in tonight's game? ANYONE at all?

117477[/snapback]

By the time you get assigning percentages to individual offensive linemen, WRs and the overall D a figure of between 25 and 30% assigned to Bledsoe's awful performance seems logically supportable but it might be tight. The OLine play was so poor in the running game that they might just need 50% of the blame before pointing fingers anywhere else.

Guest BackInDaDay

I like DB, just not as the Bill's QB. I wish it could have ended better for the guy, but it is what it is. I also agree that our best chance of winning is with him, but what's the difference if we finish 6-10 or 3-13? Just to spite Jerry Jones?

If JP is healthy, I would name him my starter and get him all of the reps with the first team O. Dumb it down if it makes it easier for him, but get him into the games when it's his game to win or lose, and see how he handles the speed of the NFL game when better prepared.

He's got 1st round skills, time to get his feet wet.

I look at it this way. There's no way we're making the playoffs. Even if Drew gives us a better shot at winning (which at this point I'm not sure I believe) you might as well start the kid. We're going to lose most likely so why not get him ready for next year. If you think Bledsoe will be here in any other capacity than backup next year you're dreaming. Donahoe wants to sell tix and no one will be buying them if they think Bledsoe is starting. Even if Drew isn't always totally to blame he does little to elevate the level of play of his teammates. The great ones seem to be able to do that. I like Drew as a person but I think he doesn't have much left as a starter.