FIRE DICK ~~~

hamtenp

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Time for Dick to go. Questions is who do we replace him with!

Brian Billick, Gruden, shanahan...the bigger ? is will Ralph splurge. I believe that answer is no. We will end up with some second rate coach again and wollow around in **** for 3 more years. This franchise takes the fun out of dysfunctional.

Usually it's a bad ideal to fire a coach this early in the season, but in this case I think we should Dick needs to go asap. The team is getting worse and we can't score any points. Personally Shanahan or Gruden would be the best fit, but not sure either would want the job mid-season. This is a long year and it just started.

Jauron has now had 4 pre-seasons, 4 drafts, 3.25 seasons, etc. to put something together. We fire the OC THIS YEAR, we elevate AVP with not only zero OC experience but almost zero NFL coaching experience. This is the 4th, not 1st, year. We don't have an offense for whatever reason - we just don't have one. The defense can't get off the field and/or melts at crucial times. Folks, this is coaching problems. It may also be GM issues as well. But why retain Dick Jauron? Unless you feel the team will turn it around in the next 12 games, there is no need to continue to work within this framework. As the definition of insanity often attributed Einstein goes, "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, yet expecting a different result." Let's get someone else in here with a different perspective. Maybe they'll play different players. Maybe a different game plan. Anything different at this point might help us down the line. More DJ and more of his coaches, well we know what that gets.

After Steve Fairchild left, Dick Jauron had an opportunity to hire a real offensive coordinator -- one with experience.

(e.g., Cam Cameron was available ... his record as OC for San Diego and now in Baltimore, grooming a young QB speaks for itself)

What does Dick do? Being the good company man he is -- he promotes Turk Schonert from QB coach to OC. And look where that got us last year? and in this year's preseason?

Not hiring a real OC after Fairchild's departure was another of the strategic errors of the Jauron era. Another error that will cost him his job this year.

Coaching to lose .....

Usually it's a bad ideal to fire a coach this early in the season, but in this case I think we should Dick needs to go asap. The team is getting worse and we can't score any points. Personally Shanahan or Gruden would be the best fit, but not sure either would want the job mid-season. This is a long year and it just started.

ROONEY RULE

Can't hire a coach in mid season

After Steve Fairchild left, ...

Funny you mention him. I watched CSU yesterday a bit and that offense was explosive. They were just blowing through Idaho. The announcers were talking about how innovative Fairchild's offense was an how he had kept his thick playbook from his days with the NFL Rams.

Here is what I would do if I was Ralph.

1. Demote Jauron to D coord- I think Jauron would do fine at that job, if only for the year. At the very least, we'd retain his services for the rest of the season and then figure out what to do with him when the season is over. Doing this means Fewell would be fired and I'd be very happy with that. I don't think our defense would be any worse.

2. Propmote Bobby April to interm HC while continuing to look for a replacement. I would place a lot of effort on briniging in guys like Shanny, Cowher, Gruden, Marty etc. If I could land one of them during the season, great. If not, we'd at least know if April can handle the position.

3. Put the screws to Russ. Modrak and Co. need to go, and Russ has the power to make that happen.

I know everyone wants Dick fired now, but think about how the Bills do business. We would fire Dick, we would promote someone like April, he would maybe finish with a .500 record or something...the offseason will come, and they will say they are removing the interim tag from April and decided to keep him as head coach because the team "fought really hard" for him or some other line of garbage. Ride it out this season and hope Ralph finally wants to open up the wallet for a coach. No big name coach will be coming here mid-season anyways it just doesnt and wouldnt happen.... so just stop

ROONEY RULE

Can't hire a coach in mid season

The Rooney Rule, established in 2003,[1] requires National Football League teams to interview minority candidates for head coaching and senior football operations opportunities. The rule is named for Dan Rooney, the owner of the Pittsburgh Steelers and the chairman of the league's diversity committee, and indirectly the Rooney family in general due to the team's long history of giving African Americans opportunities that most NFL teams at one point didn't give. It is often cited as an example of affirmative action

yes you can hire a coach in mid season, i say we fire dick get him as far out of buffalo as possible interview some black coach out there and hire any competent coach that is willing to take over this **** storm

however, something i didnt add on the last post, since 1970 NO coach being brought in mid season in ANY sport has taken their team to the playoffs, so all of us bills fans just have to sit back stock up on the pepto and try to endure this, just like every season in this decade ( bills fans have probably single handedly put the owners kids of pepto bismol through law school)

I kinda like the idea of involving Gill.

seems like a good balance given Ralph's priorities and what the Bills' need.

he's a "character" guy, has some measure of success on his resume (that would be novel), not a huge name, but at least recognizable, would resonate with the fan base...

having a guy with a pulse too....that alone would be nice