if we lose to miami does jauron get fired?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The aforementioned are very valid points, and I tend to agree. I also can say IF Ralph did have the gut to pull the plug on DJ. I would hope it wouldn't get worst. A new head coach could be the lift needed but like mentioned in other post we have been hit by the injury bug, so really how much could you squeeze out of a 1-3 team (at that point) that only win is against Tampa and you just lost to a winless team. Now don't get me wrong I'm not the doom and gloom sky is falling type. I bet Blo to win (with points) on the NO game (call me crazy!) I just feel something drastic have to happen to get this team moving -beginning with the HC but the reality is that it more than likely won't happen so we should prepare for another 7-9 6-10 season. I've been a Dj supporter but any HC that punt the ball away down 10 with 7 minutes to go and your defense in DIRE need of a blow is an idiot!!! :wallbash:

thats the call that did it for me too. not that one in isolation as it followed severel boneheaded late game decisions from previous games. ive seen enough, hes got to go. i think everyone but a small minority of holdouts understand this. when something like this is obvious, my vote is to get it done and behind us rather than let it linger

and if bills do go 1 & 3, 0 & 2 in the division, how long can ralph hang on to jauron? can he really wait out the season?

Can Ralph wait out the season? Yes.

Will he? Almost certainly. Without a new HC to put in (and who is going to take over in the middle of the season?), plus having to pay Jauron anyway, why would Ralph do it? Doesn't make $en$e.

Can Ralph wait out the season? Yes.

Will he? Almost certainly. Without a new HC to put in (and who is going to take over in the middle of the season?), plus having to pay Jauron anyway, why would Ralph do it? Doesn't make $en$e.

interim HC could already be someone on the staff like April.

interim HC could already be someone on the staff like April.

I doubt that April will be promoted to HC. Just a gut feeling. Ralph will most likely go outside the club and get someone who is "intelligent" and has some credentials. He should wait until the season is over and see what current HC's are available. I wouldn't count out Del Rio or Zorn.

If Jauron wasn't going to be fired after calling THE play that lost the Jets game in the Meadowlands last year, then why would we expect him to be fired after losing to a decent (albeit 0-3) team?

Perhaps losing to Miami would bother Ralph more than anything, but I don't see Jauron going anywhere until the season is over.

Wilson isnt bothered about losing to anyone. He gets bothered when he loses a penny when he could have had it for free. Wilson is the problem with this team not anyone else. I know as a buisness owner, and this is supposed to be a buisness, I would"ve already taken action unless I am a slum landlord.

Wilson isnt bothered about losing to anyone. He gets bothered when he loses a penny when he could have had it for free. Wilson is the problem with this team not anyone else. I know as a buisness owner, and this is supposed to be a buisness, I would"ve already taken action unless I am a slum landlord.

cant someone make the case to wilson if he wants to add some bling and profile to the team, and help sell more tickets in toronto, the best way to do it is with a high profile coach like shanahan (w/ rings), who can deliver a winning record. i dont have the #'s in front of me, but i would have to think the economics of paying your HC a few mill more a year is worth it

I doubt that April will be promoted to HC. Just a gut feeling. Ralph will most likely go outside the club and get someone who is "intelligent" and has some credentials. He should wait until the season is over and see what current HC's are available. I wouldn't count out Del Rio or Zorn.

Zorn? Zorn? I never thought I'd say this but if that's really the alternative give me Jauron.

Zorn? Zorn? I never thought I'd say this but if that's really the alternative give me Jauron.

If Ralph can hire Del Rio to come in right here right now, I say pull the plug on Dick and bring him on in.

As a side not on Jack, my brother says his name sounds like the new burger at Jack-In-The-Box. "I'll take a Jack Del Rio and a large order of fries and one of those big ass cokes."

If Ralph can hire Del Rio to come in right here right now, I say pull the plug on Dick and bring him on in.

As a side not on Jack, my brother says his name sounds like the new burger at Jack-In-The-Box. "I'll take a Jack Del Rio and a large order of fries and one of those big ass cokes."

del rio's a loser too. his philosophy of over weighting with the biggest guy per position has proven a bad one. lets get a real guy - shanahan, holgrem, etc - who have rings. proven winners. who cares if they cost a few more million than jauron ... WORTH IT.

btw, not far fetched at all jauron could be gone soon. quote from an espn article:

THE CROWS ARE CIRCLING

23. Houston

22. Jacksonville

21. Buffalo

We just ran through 39 percent of the league … have I mentioned a team yet that you like even a little? I bet not. What sets this group apart: All three head coaches (Kubiak, Del Rio, Jauron) might get fired within the next three weeks, leaving the door slightly ajar for "momentum with the new guy" potential. Or in Buffalo's case, "momentum with a guy who seems like he might have a pulse."

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...nflpicks/091002

im telling you all, people around the league are noticing this guy's done

i dont know why so many are taking it for granted we'll beat miami. yes they're missing pennington, but in the wildcat offense that rarely went deep and features the running backs, QB is not as important. they have a very good offensive line, great running backs and respectable defense.

they're 0 & 3, but they're played 3 good teams (ATL, SD and Colts) and they've been competitive in each game.

from the bills perspective this is a division game where theyre 0 for the last 9, and it's a road game, where they struggle. bills are also a very banged up team. and last but not least we have jauron, they have the inspiration of parcells.

so im not predicting a definite miami win, but i think they should be favored by about 4 points.

and if bills do go 1 & 3, 0 & 2 in the division, how long can ralph hang on to jauron? can he really wait out the season?

Agree that Buffalo will not beat Miami, but I do believe we'll beat them at home later this season. Miami won the division last year and really turned things around. No way they go 0-4. Buffalo, on the other hand, is feeling shell-shocked and has lost confidence in themselves. The return of the Bickering Bills is about to start. I'm not giving up on this season completely, but Buffalo will not win Sunday. The supposed leaders (e.g. Edwards) need to lead and WIN. Until they do that against a division opponent, the Bills cannot be taken seriously. Also, if the Bills lose Sunday, I wouldn't give Jauron any more than a week. I think it may be time to pull the trigger.

btw, not far fetched at all jauron could be gone soon. quote from an espn article:

THE CROWS ARE CIRCLING

23. Houston

22. Jacksonville

21. Buffalo

We just ran through 39 percent of the league … have I mentioned a team yet that you like even a little? I bet not. What sets this group apart: All three head coaches (Kubiak, Del Rio, Jauron) might get fired within the next three weeks, leaving the door slightly ajar for "momentum with the new guy" potential. Or in Buffalo's case, "momentum with a guy who seems like he might have a pulse."

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...nflpicks/091002

im telling you all, people around the league are noticing this guy's done

Nice article by Mr. Simmons. Of course Jauron is done... at year's end.

why keep a guy around if after 3 years all he can do is occasionally beat other garbage teams like cleveland?

why keep Dick around?

because Ralph owes him $6 million

no matter if they do not win another game this year, Ralph will not be paying that $6 mil plus more for a new coach and staff

why keep Dick around?

because Ralph owes him $6 million

no matter if they do not win another game this year, Ralph will not be paying that $6 mil plus more for a new coach and staff

Nor would you, I would guess.

Nor would you, I would guess.

don't confuse me with the tightwad that owns this team

The NFL is a coaches league where the winners are smart enough to hire the best and brightest coaches and front office because they are not subject to any salary cap. Good coaches make the talent better thru schemes and training. Top notch front office finds good players, period.

Dick is a joke and the front office is a clown show - bothj should have been terminated years ago

don't confuse me with the tightwad that owns this team

Oh, don't worry.

My point is that it's a lot easier to make statements like these when it's not your money. I think 99% of the "Owner/Geniuses" on this board would not have the testicular fortitude to back up their actions if the money was coming from a wallet located in direct proximity to said testicular fortitude. Ah, the beauty of an internet chat forum. Everyone's "Wile-E-Coyote, SOOPER Genius".

The other 1% would already be flipping burgers.