Not quite getting this logic from AVP

What I want to know is who in the hell is running 4 yd routes when we need 6?

I'm guessing that the route running is dictated by where the defenders line up. So if you are the checkdown outlet guy, you run your route underneath the coverage, which is always before the first down mark (unless you're Bills defenders).

What I want to know is who in the hell is running 4 yd routes when we need 6?

Announcers say this all the time but I think the answer is pretty simple. The defense knows you need 6 so that is where they play you, giving up the 4 yarder. Since that is what the defense is giving, that is what the offense takes with the plan being for the receiver to carry it that extra yard or two. This is especially so when throwing shallow crossing routes or to TE's, RB's and beefy WR's like Reed. Those guys are expected to be able to fall forward for a couple yards.

I am not saying it is the best strategy but it is a strategy, not just some sort of bonheaded mistake by the WR.

One of the problems with it is that often, the receiver has to come to the ball as it is almost always a bad idea to wait for it to get there. That means going back towards the LOS which means instead of 4 yards and falling forward for 2, its now a 2 yard pass and unless your receiver is 12 feet tall, he isn't going to fall forward and get the first down, he needs to break tackles or make people miss. I'll take that bet with Andre Reed but not with Lee or Josh.

What happened to "This year Trent will be able to audible to better plays at the line." Seems like every time Trent audibles, it's to a run.

When Lee or TO are singled up are we to believe they can't get open, if they can't maybe we need to be starting Steve and Justin.

The first two weeks it was mentioned how well he audibled and he audibled to a lee evans TD. It was only one bad game.

Part of it is CYA by AVP for either his or Trent's shortcomings. The numbers do not make sense, but we also don't know who calls a run in that situation, and how would they know there's one on one coverage ahead of getting to the line?

To me it's TE's inability to adjust to a blitz. It's the same thing I've been saying since the Jets' game in 2007 and it's obvious that opposing D's have it figured out as well. The pressure will keep coming until he's able to consistently beat a 3-4 heavy blitzing D.

The first two weeks everyone talked about how good AVP was doing at calling plays now we don't even know who calls the plays? where are we getting this from?

We don't even know who is calling the plays. The Bills probably have some circus going on where Jauron decides run or pass and then the play is called by AVP or the running backs coach if it's a run.

I believe it. I think he does it with the "D" too. He controls the blitzes:thumbdown:

The O-line play against the Saints resembled the same O-line play we seen in the preseason. I knew it wasn't going to just disappear, but on the bright side we don't face a Greg Williams ran defense every week.

Greg Williams is one of the best defensive guru's in the game in my opinion.

good thing we don't have to play against Rex Ryan and his aggressive schemes :thumbsup: