DraftTek Positional Needs

Astrobot

At this point, based on the answers I've heard so far and the talent available at each position, I'm tempted to go with this for the initial mock draft.

QB- (Thin Tebow, Colt McCoy, Dan LeFevour)

OLB-(Think George Selvie, Eric Norwood, Sean Lee)

OT-(Think Matt Reynolds, Gabe Carimi)

Thanks. We'll do this once every 3 weeks or so. Check in at www.DraftTek.com later in the week to see what the computer selects for each team based on these positional needs assessments and our Big Board, which is based on 4 or 5 different websites and several draftniks.

Astro

Hell no. I wouldn't take them untill R3 at best. What about Jimmy C. or Tony Pike?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell no. I wouldn't take them untill R3 at best. What about Jimmy C. or Tony Pike?

[/quote

your very wrong.. your going down the losman and Edwards path if your takin a QB in round 3..We need to take a QB 1st. We need somone that was proven in college.. Not Tony Pike who plays against lousy teams at cincy.. Every Bills fan should be thinking QB 1st round

your very wrong.. your going down the losman and Edwards path if your takin a QB in round 3..We need to take a QB 1st. We need somone that was proven in college.. Not Tony Pike who plays against lousy teams at cincy.. Every Bills fan should be thinking QB 1st round

JP was a first round draft pick. I reiterate, the OLine needs to be solidified before we go drafting first-round QB's again. And relying on a proven college guy does not always work. Quinn, Leinart, Leaf, Harrington. All considered "proven" in college. Look at the list of Round 1 QBs from the last decade or two- it's a gamble. Throwing a guy behind a suspect line isn't the way to groom him to stardom.

JP was a first round draft pick. I reiterate, the OLine needs to be solidified before we go drafting first-round QB's again. And relying on a proven college guy does not always work. Quinn, Leinart, Leaf, Harrington. All considered "proven" in college. Look at the list of Round 1 QBs from the last decade or two- it's a gamble. Throwing a guy behind a suspect line isn't the way to groom him to stardom.

Sorry I meant to say Just Edwards.. But wouldn't you rather take a chance on one of these proven guys than the non ones that the bill FO seem to draft?

Sorry I meant to say Just Edwards.. But wouldn't you rather take a chance on one of these proven guys than the non ones that the bill FO seem to draft?

I'm not sure of the exact date this front office came into power, but let's take it all the way back to Todd Collins in Round 2, 1995. Since then, the Bills have drafted exactly 2 QB's, JP in Round 1, Trent in Round 3. I think you are unfairly characterizing the FO as drafting low round QBs and expecting them to be starters. Trent is the only example of this, and it can be argued that he was drafted to be a backup.

Look, I would love to see a guy like Bradford come into Buffalo and tear the league up. My point is that it doesn't matter what QB they draft, it will be exceedingly difficult to succeed in this league when the OLine is as suspect as the Bills' is right now. If you have a solid OLine, it can do wonders for even run-of the mill QB's. It seems to me that if the FO is guilty of anything in the last few years, it's neglecting OLine prospects in the first few rounds (until this year, of course). Once they bring in a complete line, then you go and get your QB. At least, I believe that would be the most successful route.

OL, DL, or LB. Anything else would be foolish.

I am not completely sold on Trent, but I have no reason to believe any QB in this draft would be a better option than keeping him and improving the team around him. He played very well in the first 2 games and was running for his life this Sunday. Any QB would have struggled behind a line that got owned as badly as his did.

Oh, and the idea of drafting Tebow in the 1st round is ABSURD. He is not an elite NFL QB prospect and I would not be surprised at all to see a position switch in his future. I know a lot of people think otherwise and I could be proven wrong, but that is how I feel.