Listening Colin Coward this Morning and about QBs

StupidNation

He mentions how bad the QBs are in TB, Clev, Oak and how a great QB like Cutler is changing the Bears with very little offensive weapons. Now Cutler will also lose you games like his 1st one with 4 INTs, but he is making plays for the Bears when they need him.

He mentioned Edwards in a very positive light and said and I'm paraphrasing: "He's a bright kid, from an Ivy League school, highly recruited as best HS QB in the country... but he played badly, and of course he would with that offensive line. There's no way you can play well with a line like that. He'll turn it around and the Bills will turn it around with some experience and a new coaching staff."

Trent played decent to good the first 2 weeks and didn't play well with pressure, and played just awful outside the tackles, but to say we are done with him is ridiculous. You do realize there are only 4 great QBs playing and the rest are good to mediocre to flat out bad and Trent is in that mediocre category right now.

People see him in a better light nationwide and only the one week Bills fans who love him and hate him week in and week out bash him. The guy is making some plays, but this is a learning curve from a guy who has shown some very good tools. I'm not ready to run on the guy until the Chiefs game. He played 2 good games and one poor one, that's not bad for a 3rd year guy with bad pass protection.

Cowherd's whole schtick is being a contrarian. I wouldn't say that's a microcosm of the nationwide view on our QB.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TO's first catch from Edwards in the preseason was a slant route right over the middle...I haven't seen TO run that route once so far during the season.

yep, i remember specifically thinking "holy crap, a slant?!?" when he caught that pass. and youre right, that was the first and last time.

Hmm. A Quick Slant, eh?

Well, one of the biggest plays in the game was a 4th quarter (or late 3rd qtr) 3rd down Slant to TO and Greer played it beautifully deflecting it in the air for Will Smith to intercept. Kid was like glue on TO yesterday.

I like them also in the right situatioin and coverage and that one had no chance and shows you why they are dangerous.

Well at least they tried one slant. TO wasn't actually open on that play by the way.

No, actually, the Bills ran the screen quite a bit Sunday - the Saints were looking for it, and stopped it cold.

Then, because he isn't a complete idiot, AVP stopped trying it so much.

This happens every year with offenses short on talent. First few games, when no one has any film on eachother, things look good. Then defenses see what you are doing, shut down your one trick pony and the crappy offenses are done.

AAHHHH. So this is where some of the apologists have been hiding. Offering each other assurances that everything else is to blame for Trent's failings.

1) O-line is young and got injured. Some plays Trent had 2 seconds some plays he had plenty of time. When you do get the time make the defense pay. Hey a lot of people thought our old line was so terrible and Peters was a chump. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLO. Sometimes you have to take a step back to take a step forward I guess. We are going to see inconsistency like this for a while.

2) Coaching is not problem #1. Universal rule...YOU CAN'T COACH BALLS OR ARM STRENGTH. Trent doesn't have enough of former and I wish he had more of the latter which could improve his problem with the former!

3) Did anyone else notice that almost ALL of the time Trent audibles he goes to a running play?

"Winners always want the ball when the game is on the line!" - Gene Hackman "The Replacements"

i agree offensive line and needs to work together they will improve ..........they have only played in three nfl games......welcome back beastmode

Just wondering, who are the four "great" QBs you're talking about? Brady and Manning obviously, Big Ben probably and who?

Right now the only QBs that qualify as playing "great" football are Brees and Manning. Maybe Philip Rivers too, since he's been their entire offense thus far this year.

Brady looks scared to death back there and it doesn't look like he'll succeed without a running game, the book is out that Pittsburgh can't run the ball--which is making life much more difficult for Roethlisberger, and Cutler has run hot and cold in Chicago.

Other than that, you've got Aaron Rogers, Matt Ryan, Matt Schaub, and Joe Flacco on the brink, and everyone else is pretty much an afterthought.

Right now the only QBs that qualify as playing "great" football are Brees and Manning. Maybe Philip Rivers too, since he's been their entire offense thus far this year.

Brady looks scared to death back there and it doesn't look like he'll succeed without a running game, the book is out that Pittsburgh can't run the ball--which is making life much more difficult for Roethlisberger, and Cutler has run hot and cold in Chicago.

Other than that, you've got Aaron Rogers, Matt Ryan, Matt Schaub, and Joe Flacco on the brink, and everyone else is pretty much an afterthought.

I have to add that to me it looks like Eli Manning is becoming a great quarterback. The guy is just unflappable. He never panics. And he's doing a great job of using a group of no-name wide receivers. Just my opinion.