Roman Polanski finally going to pay the piper?

Beerball

I am a father and agree with him (Astro). Of course I will never want this to happen to anybody! Some of you guys (LA, etc...) should save all the drama. You have to live in the present and not stay attached. Attachment is nothing but misery at times and yours and others stance on this is adding to the misery.

I actually commend the victim for not being attached to her body and letting that attachment become all consuming and overwhelming. That is a very hard thing to do considering how heinous the act was. She has obviuosly had some real good spiritual help!

:bag:

I'm sorry, but forgiveness and letting go of the past - no matter how valuable to a victim - cannot pardon criminal offenses. Modern civilization is sort of based on this precept. The same idea applies to making good movies....a worthwhile endeavor, but it can't absolve you of your crimes. You don't even have to be a father or a sanctimonious man to chastise Polanski and those defending him...just have a !@#$ing brain.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Switzerland's defense, DJ and LA County apparently !@#$ed up the extradition proceedings.

Nice job, Justice. You've only had about twenty YEARS to get the extradition papers in order, you !@#$ing morons. :wall bash: And LA County...well, you couldn't successfully frameConvict a guilty man (OJ) and couldn't get a child molestation conviction on a guy who publicly admitted he slept with twelve year old boys (Michael Jackson), so I guess this !@#$-up is just par for the course for you dip *****.

I think thats what you meant

:bag:

I'm sorry, but forgiveness and letting go of the past - no matter how valuable to a victim - cannot pardon criminal offenses. Modern civilization is sort of based on this precept. The same idea applies to making good movies....a worthwhile endeavor, but it can't absolve you of your crimes. You don't even have to be a father or a sanctimonious man to chastise Polanski and those defending him...just have a !@#$ing brain.

I am not defending him. This is all about an international powerplay... It has nothing to do with the rape.

Edit Added:

I would say bring him to justice if the family and victim wanted justice to be brough to him... Then I would be shouting from the roof tops for this. How much is this vain endeavor costing taxpayers (slug lawyers, pols, and other parasites getting all high and mighty). Again this isn't about justice or whatever happened to a 13 year old... It is about beating (unfotunately Polanski ;) ) "our" system and "saving face (some authorities in our country)" Let it go, unfortunately he got away and beat the system. I am just as angry as anybody else about this... Don't let it happen again.