Skinny Post To Lee

jjsiepierski34

First off, I love the way Edwards is playing.

My question for the group is: why is Trent overthrowing the skinny post to Lee Evans to the QB's downfield right?

As I watched the Bucs' highlights again this morning, the Piscatelli interception was eerily similar to the first pick Trent threw vs the Browns in the Hall OF Fame game. Both defenses were dropped in zone coverage. Looks like he's got good footwork, and minimal pressure in his face, but the ball sailed on him in the same exact manner. Maybe AVP should have TE & Lee running an "out" in this situation; Trent has the arm strength in my opinion...

Thoughts?

Go Bills

My question for the group is: why is Trent overthrowing the skinny post to Lee Evans to the QB's downfield right?

As I watched the Bucs' highlights again this morning, the Piscatelli interception was eerily similar to the first pick Trent threw vs the Browns in the Hall OF Fame game. Both defenses were dropped in zone coverage. Looks like he's got good footwork, and minimal pressure in his face, but the ball sailed on him in the same exact manner. Maybe AVP should have TE & Lee running an "out" in this situation; Trent has the arm strength in my opinion...

Thoughts?

Go Bills

It was the Titans game not the Browns game FYI.

I have also seen this and I know a few others that have commented that they look amazingly comparable. I was in the end zone both in the HOF game where he threw it as I got a sideline view. And in the end zone coming right at me last weekend. Im not sure what happened but I have to think TE either had the ball slip on that one, Lee ran the wrong route/they just werent on the same page on that throw/route, or something unexplained happened on that pass. I dont see Cinco making that bad of a throw on that ever. It was really bad.

The thing that pissed me off even more about that throw is that Owens was wide open on a slant route underneath in the middle of the field and probably could have had a TD with 1-2 broken tackles. At the very least he would have had 15-20 yards. Anyone else see that on that play? I sit fairly close to the field so I didnt get an overhead view but it seemed like he was wide open underneath.

I sit in row 3 in section 330 and I noticed that. I think the thing that Trent needs to get better at is how much time he spends on each progression. I think there are certain routes right now that he picks presnap and he has to be able to read 1 to 2 and then back to 1 sometimes. Especially in a downfield pattern like the pass to Evans. If he even looks at Owens that pulls everyone to that side of the field and Evans would be more open if he chooses not to pull the trigger on Owens.

He's played well but can play much better in my opinion. I am actually excited to see how much he progresses throughout the season.

In the hall of fame game I do believe Levitre was pushed back into TE and he had to shortarm it. His arm may have actually been hit on that pass. In the Bucs game it looked like he tried to force it. Bad decision. Lee was cover in front and had a man (piscatelli) behind him. Just looked like TE tried to throw it over the front coverage and fit it in there and it didnt work. I doubt he will do that again. I wouldnt worry.

There isn't really much point in second guessing a QB whose rating is over 100 on the season.

His rating is high b/c he checks down 75% of the time. Granted against Tampa he threw downfield more but the is the exception not the rule with Trent. He needs to get more agressive in the passing game if we are going to make a playoff run.

His rating is high b/c he checks down 75% of the time. Granted against Tampa he threw downfield more but the is the exception not the rule with Trent. He needs to get more agressive in the passing game if we are going to make a playoff run.

And I suppose that explains how Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, and Matt Ryan are the only QBs in the league with a higher rating too.

Actually his yards per attempt has a bearing on his rating, so even when checking down he is making good reads, apparently. And we saw what happens when a QB tries to force a down field throw that isn't there: i.e. interception vs Bucs. And I'm quite certain Tom Brady and Peyton Manning have made a living by taking what the defense offers, not by forcing ill advised down field throws. Also, the Bucs game was an exception to what we have seen in the past in that we had open down field receivers. I think it is pretty absurd to assume Trent would prefer throwing a hot route to a RB over a 40 yard strike down field. He does a good job of not forcing throws that aren't good throws.

Thoughts?

Go Bills

You know, if I recall, didn't Trent lace in a nice ball to TO on a skinny post near the end of the New England game?

And I suppose that explains how Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, and Matt Ryan are the only QBs in the league with a higher rating too.

Actually his yards per attempt has a bearing on his rating, so even when checking down he is making good reads, apparently. And we saw what happens when a QB tries to force a down field throw that isn't there: i.e. interception vs Bucs. And I'm quite certain Tom Brady and Peyton Manning have made a living by taking what the defense offers, not by forcing ill advised down field throws. Also, the Bucs game was an exception to what we have seen in the past in that we had open down field receivers. I think it is pretty absurd to assume Trent would prefer throwing a hot route to a RB over a 40 yard strike down field. He does a good job of not forcing throws that aren't good throws.

The INT against the Bucs was just a HORRIBLE throw.

You know, if I recall, didn't Trent lace in a nice ball to TO on a skinny post near the end of the New England game?

I was too drunk to remember the 4th qtr of the Patsies' game.

I am not trying to 2nd guess, so I apologize if this came off in that manner. Reading the original post, I guess it was 2nd guessing. I guess I was just having deja vu between the 2 plays, and thought I'd point that out, and see if others on the board recognized that as well...?