which current bill(s) would start on early 90's team?

truth on hold

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't usually personally attack someone, but are u retarded? Sorry for the rough terminology but Kelso was a complete joke. If we had some real safeties along with someone to help Bruce out -we would have won multiple Super Bowls

well as a child I don't remember riding the short yellow bus :rolleyes:

Anyway..... Kelso wasn't a joke he was a good player, but Walt Corey had him playing deep so he was just doing what he was coached. and if you remember Herny Jones was a damn good safety

At FS id take Kelso over Whitner in a NY minute just because he played smart.

Bills homers are the funniest thing going

especially the ones that are 12 years old

the current team struggled to beat one of the worst teams in the league after giving away a sure win.

and now they are world beaters and better than Hall of Famers

OK :rolleyes:

Do you lack reading comprehension? The guy was saying Jackson's play isn't miles behind Thurmal's and that's a fair statement. Thurmal is a HoFer because he played for so many years at a high level. Jackson won't ever make the HOF for lack of years of great #s. The guy's point is if you put in Jackson over Thurmal the #s wouldn't plummet, but would be slightly off, and I think that's fair.

I don't know if he could bring as much mental toughness (minus one SB) and dedication year in and out as Thurmal. That's what made him a HoFer, not the strict paint by the numbers.

roscoe and mckelvin are better returners than anybody we had in the 90's (sorry beebe).

But roscoe's not making that team as a receiver.

mckelvin could be the nickel (somebody else mentioned this too) and kick returner

I dont even want Mcelvin as a nickle on our current team.....kick return aside, what the hell has this guy shown as a CB??????.....IMO, He is hovering around being Erik Flowers, Mike Williams territory.......ok maybe no that bad but this guy isn't showing much....thank of Thomas Smith, Nate clemtents, and my fav, antione Winfield (former Bills 1st round DB's)and these guys are showed much more in their second season than Mcelvin

I dont even want Mcelvin as a nickle on our current team.....kick return aside, what the hell has this guy shown as a CB??????.....IMO, He is hovering around being Erik Flowers, Mike Williams territory.......ok maybe no that bad but this guy isn't showing much....thank of Thomas Smith, Nate clemtents, and my fav, antione Winfield (former Bills 1st round DB's)and these guys are showed much more in their second season than Mcelvin

We're only two games in .... and you're ready to suggest Mclovin is a bust?

winfield and clements cant count as 90's bills (clements was drafted in 2001 :lol: winfield in 99).

besides nate odomes what bills rookie db had more than 25 tackles and 2 picks?

plus mckelvin averaged 28+ per return, that's insane for a rookie and worth a roster spot even if you do give up something on defense (which i still say you dont)

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/McKeLe99.htm

winfield and clements cant count as 90's bills player (clements was drafted in 2001 :lol: winfield in 99).

besides nate odomes what bills rookie db had more than 25 tackles and 2 picks?

plus he averaged 28+ per return, that's insane for a rookie and worth a roster spot even if you do give up something on defense (which i still say you dont)

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/McKeLe99.htm

odomes was just too small to hang with cowboys michael irvin. and we really never had a quality #2 DB (we would have but he suffered a career ending neck injury.) thats why i could see mcgee and mckelvin starting on the early 90's team

Do you lack reading comprehension? The guy was saying Jackson's play isn't miles behind Thurmal's and that's a fair statement. Thurmal is a HoFer because he played for so many years at a high level. Jackson won't ever make the HOF for lack of years of great #s. The guy's point is if you put in Jackson over Thurmal the #s wouldn't plummet, but would be slightly off, and I think that's fair.

I don't know if he could bring as much mental toughness (minus one SB) and dedication year in and out as Thurmal. That's what made him a HoFer, not the strict paint by the numbers.

like I said - 12 year olds that never saw Thurman play live.

Jackson has not started a game in the NFL when the starter was not injured or suspended yet he's on par with a bona fide Hall of Famer, who was the linchpin of the K-gun.

OK