Freddy v. Lynch

The answer is there is no v. here!

They are both Bills and we Bills fans are lucky as all get out as fans (and should praise the football assessment guys for picking an RB in the draft who made the Pro Bowl in his second year and Marv for likely endorsing the acquisition of a Coe College grad who was not only judged undraft worthy in the NFL but not even good enough to make an Arena league team).

In s likely unsuccessful attempt to pre-empt minds that are too small to deal with having two starter quality RBs at the same time, a team can certainly use two starter quality RBs. Injuries happen to a heavy hitting role like RB. Idiocy like that which still infects the young Lynch can get a guy suspended.

More weapons is a good thing to have.

Jackson's one good and one extremely good (the fumble cost him from deserving the label great for today's superior effprt) RB outings in no way create an RB controversy. Instead they simply give the hard-pressed AVP another tool to add to his arsenal when Lynch comes back for game 4.

Even if Jackson were to replicate his performance today next week, my guess is unless something in how they practice tells me different, I come back in game 4 with Lynch as my starter, but with him knowing that with him under a 5 year contract (I am pretty sure that it what he signed for and Jackson just having re-upped at a substantial raise that likely has him thanking his highly skilled stars for the chance to start and excel for an NFL team, and that he has no hissy fit to throw at all if he resumes the role as a #2 for Lynch when he comes back.

The Bills management task with Lynch just got even easier for the Bills. Not only is he locked under contract for a couple of years, but the NFL (backed by the NFLPA which now represents the interests of its members not by fighting every disciplinary action but by reminding young players that the NFLPA is not only a partner but arguably the majority partner (the get 60.5 % of the total gross under the current CBA) of this enterprise. The interests of the vast majority of the NFLPA is reflected in the actions and attitudes of players like Troy Vincent and TKO who do not wanted to see their fatted calf killed by the idiocy of Pac-Man Jones.

Lynch can easily be welcomed back as starter, but now there is a clear alternative if he wants to continue to drive on Chippewa St or carry guns in his gym bag.

I love it that we now seem to have two clear options at RB and controversy, there ain't none (except in the minds of some media and a small but vocal fan contingent).

Lynch can easily be welcomed back as starter, but now there is a clear alternative if he wants to continue to drive on Chippewa St or carry guns in his gym bag.

I love it that we now seem to have two clear options at RB and controversy, there ain't none (except in the minds of some media and a small but vocal fan contingent).

I've been thinking that Jackson is the more effective option than Lynch since last year ... BUT ... with the holes that our line is opening, I want to see what Lynch can do with our new o-line before passing judgement. I would love to see both in the backfield at times too ... line-up then put one in motion and go out as a receiver.

You need two running backs in this league. Freddy is playing great but he would never hold up over 16 games playing the way he is. I expect Lynch to come in and for them to split carries with lynch getting the tough yards while freddy is used on screens and check downs.

This is a good thing, having two good backs!

You need two running backs in this league. Freddy is playing great but he would never hold up over 16 games playing the way he is. I expect Lynch to come in and for them to split carries with lynch getting the tough yards while freddy is used on screens and check downs.

This is a good thing, having two good backs!

Why do a lot of people Freddy won't be able to hold up over 16 games? He's 6'1" 215lbs

He's a big back, he should be able to hold up.

Why do a lot of people Freddy won't be able to hold up over 16 games? He's 6'1" 215lbs

He's a big back, he should be able to hold up.

Age is a concern, he is 29 and some analysts believe that RBs hit a wall at around 30-31.

I don't think its a matter of him not holding up, but a matter of why risk wearing him out when we have a Pro Bowl RB on the roster too? Keeping both fresh would be ideal and have both of them ready if the Bills were to make the playoffs.

Age is a concern, he is 29 and some analysts believe that RBs hit a wall at around 30-31.

I don't think its a matter of him not holding up, but a matter of why risk wearing him out when we have a Pro Bowl RB on the roster too? Keeping both fresh would be ideal and have both of them ready if the Bills were to make the playoffs.

Wrong again. He's 28.