Did Maybin even play?

Schobel and Maybin's combined stats:

1 Solo Tackle

2 Assisted Tackles

0 sacks

Don't remember any pressures from them either. These are our two best pass rushers. Doesn't bode well for next week vs New Orleans.

The stats don't show the consistent double teams which helped us get pressure up the middle consistently. I stopped counting how many times Leftwich got knocked on his ass.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The stats don't show the consistent double teams which helped us get pressure up the middle consistently. I stopped counting how many times Leftwich got knocked on his ass.

I would love to say that Maybin got double teamed... but he did not. He was handled 1 on 1 very easily. The Bills blitzed a crap load yesterday which is why Leftwich kept getting hit.

WOW... that was funny.

During preseason I thought I was wrong about the kid and maybe he had what it takes to be an immediate impact guy.

Looks like he is a ways away from being NFL-Ready. Perry would be better off disguising him a bit as a linebacker on obvious passing downs. He does nothing off the edge from his 3-technique stance. That being said, the kid has played diciplined and I haven't noticed him losing contain on the edge so that's a positive.

I thought our pressure was generally mediocre until the fourth quarter when Perry Fewell went out of character and brought the kitchen sink.

When I think of good pass rush, it does not resemble what the Bills showed in the first three quarters. So I guess I disagree with you Captain.

It is certainly very rare for a rookie to come in and be an immediate impact player.

I do like how the new defensive line coach has all the other guys playing... I had given up on hearing Kelsay or Denny's name mentioned during a game, but they (up to the injury to Kelsay) have been more effective on the rush. It certainly helps having Schobel back healthy again.

Maybin has shown nothing so far. Yes high hopes still but he's shown nothing.

As I mentioned on another thread, is it possible that the best thing the Bills could do would be to sit Maybin out a week?

Bear with me here:

Maybin missed all of training camp. He's probably not in tip top football shape and needs more conditioning/strength, etc.

Maybin obviously needs to develop some counter moves.

We have a 3rd round pick in his second year, Chris Ellis who in the short run, might be an improvement to our pass rush. It seems like Ellis got better over the course of the preseason.

The Bills have had two games to know what Maybin is capable of at this point.

They have little or no idea of what Ellis can do because he's actually taken fewer regular season snaps than Maybin. Ellis played only parts of two games last year. Does anyone believe that for one week, this could actually hurt the team in light of how ineffective Maybin has been? And shouldn't it be important to an organization to give young players like Chris Ellis and Steve Johnson an opportunity to show what they're capable of for everyone's benefit?

It is certainly very rare for a rookie to come in and be an immediate impact player.

I do like how the new defensive line coach has all the other guys playing... I had given up on hearing Kelsay or Denny's name mentioned during a game, but they (up to the injury to Kelsay) have been more effective on the rush. It certainly helps having Schobel back healthy again.

Wood, Levitre & Nelson = all rookies / all currently making an impact.

As ineffective as Maybin has been rushing the quarterback, how has his run defense been?

That's great, we drafted a weak, not very fast, something or other with our first pick?

Put the kid on the bench if he ain't ready.

Where the f*** is Chris Ellis?

Yeah bench him because he is not ready? WTF is he supposed to do? Beat up on Pop Warner kids till he feels he is ready. How do you expect him to get better?

That's an excellent way for him to get some in-game experience, riding the timber. After all, it would be pointless getting him some snaps with the first team defense against a weak team, at a home game.

I almost wonder if you are serious. You play the best team you have. You don't go by their draft position, or their salary but the best team. That's why you had Anthony Thomas playing over Fred Jackson, and dare I say McKelvin over Corner. Those are the guys that we paid more and drafted higher and it should make any difference. I want to see Jackson over Thomas if he's better and Ellis over Maybin if he's better.

But go ahead, pretend we wanted the highest rated 1st rounders to always play instead of performance. Maybin isn't strong enough yet to play DE. He looks horrible and not so quick. He's easily pushed out of a play and has shown nothing of substance to show he should be in the starting line-up. If Ellis is playing better you play Ellis. Why not make the argument for Ellis last year? Oh, that's right he's not a 1st round pick so he's a nobody.

Give me the best guys.

When are some of you going to learn to just keep an even keel and not be so !@#$in up and down.

Maybin holds out - OMG don't sign his ass, he's a piece of ****!!

2 pre-season sacks - ROY candidate, good for 12 sacks easy!!!

Ineffective first 2 games - why did we draft this one-dimensional !@#$!!!!!

Just chill the hell out. He's a good, passionate football player who is learning his way. It's easier to see how the fans of this city are capable of stealing **** and writing on people's lawns if you just observe this flipped out message board.