Stop Whining -- schedule gets easier

truth on hold

.... that gets us to 1 & 1. then next week we have Saints in Buffalo too. Not easy but our secondary is very high quality and if their forced to run more that limits their point scoring capability, and i know our WRs can get open on their weak secondary, which increases ours. then we travel to miami and i know we can beat them, and then the next week we have cleveland at home, who really stink imho. so if we continue to improve i see Bills at 3 & 2 at that point and then comes the real test in week 6 at the jets. i really think jets or bills will win the division, so to me this game will factor more into our post season hopes than MNFs did.

.... that gets us to 1 & 1. then next week we have Saints in Buffalo too. Not easy but our secondary is very high quality and if their forced to run more that limits their point scoring capability, and i know our WRs can get open on their weak secondary, which increases ours. then we travel to miami and i know we can beat them, and then the next week we have cleveland at home, who really stink imho. so if we continue to improve i see Bills at 3 & 2 at that point and then comes the real test in week 6 at the jets. i really think jets or bills will win the division, so to me this game will factor more into our post season hopes than MNFs did.

Brees is dangerous as hell, and I'd almost put N.O ahead of N.E right now.

Meh, the schedule got easier after the '06 opener and we went 2-0 vs. mediocre NFC teams at home. Great. :D

3-2 after 5 games is certainly possible. I thought that before Monday night. The Jets game starts a 4 out of 5 stretch on the road. Can we go 3-2 in those games? I highly doubt it. Say what you want about the Panthers/Jags/Texans and how bad they looked opening day but those are going to be tough tough games. It would be an awesome scene at the Ralph at 1:00 on 11/29 if we're 6-4 playing Miami.

If this were the NHL or MLB, I wouldn't get worked up long term about one debilitating blown loss. But in an extremely tough AFC where one team went 11-5 last season and didn't make the playoffs, one game looms large.

The margin for error in the AFC is extremely thin. Good teams that make the playoffs win those types of games at some point. NFL teams cannot afford to give games away and get into the post-season.

This was a division loss to boot, which puts Buffalo in an early hole there as well.

If this were the NHL or MLB, I wouldn't get worked up long term about one debilitating blown loss. But in an extremely tough AFC where one team went 11-5 last season and didn't make the playoffs, one game looms large.

The margin for error in the AFC is extremely thin. Good teams that make the playoffs win those types of games at some point. NFL teams cannot afford to give games away and get into the post-season.

This was a division loss to boot, which puts Buffalo in an early hole there as well.

Exactly. We could of been 1-0 with the possibility of 2-0 against the Bucs. The Pats could of been 0-1 with the possibility of 0-2 against the Jets. That one loss was a big swing.

I'd love to put money on that. NO is still a very flawed team that just beat a team that wen 0-16. You're putting way too much stock into the opening week.

Right. Bills should have no ceiling at all after last week. Who knows how they'll fare vs anyone. Limit mistakes. Play tough against the run. Lean on Freddy J.

Well put.

Exactly. We could of been 1-0 with the possibility of 2-0 against the Bucs. The Pats could of been 0-1 with the possibility of 0-2 against the Jets. That one loss was a big swing.

If the Bills beat the Pats in Buffalo, its a wash! did you really think we were gonna be 2-0 vs Pats this year? ill take one win after losing 12 straight.

I see us beating Cleveland and maybe Tampa Bay. 2 - 3, unless the Bills improve by a lot very quickly.

Hunh? I'm reading your post again. Jets or Bills will win the division? Why did I bother?

Brees is a dangerous QB, moreso than Brady.

Hell, I saw John Fourcade, JOHN FOURCADE!!! lead the Saints to a win in the snow against the '89 Bickering Bills.

I wouldn't take Tampa Bay lightly either...even if I can run faster than Byron Leftwich. :)

you're comparing 2009 teams to teams from 20 years ago, wherein not a single player is still active? LOL

Brees is dangerous as hell, and I'd almost put N.O ahead of N.E right now.

So would I at least from an offensive standpoint. There was a reason why the Saints were the topped ranked Offense in the NFL last year. The only way we have a shot in that game is if the our Offense has a very good game and takes care of a suspect defense, and the defense plays at least as well as they did monday.

So would I at least from an offensive standpoint. There was a reason why the Saints were the topped ranked Offense in the NFL last year. The only way we have a shot in that game is if the our Offense has a very good game and takes care of a suspect defense, and the defense plays at least as well as they did monday.

saints were watching playoffs last year with bills on TV. things could look different if we opened at home against bucs too instead of on the road against pats