WHOA Trent PWNED Brady - check it out

Do you understand the concept that the amount of yards gained is ALWAYS a function of the amount of plays run, therefore if you want to make a comparative analysis of performances based on the amount of yards gained, you must either extrapolate the statistics available to the same number of plays run, or you can simply find the average yards per play run. Both methods are doing the exact same thing - deriving a number that is meaningless in that it doesn't actually represent anything that happened on the field in order to compare sets of data that are not equal.

For example, Tom Brady didn't pass for 7.1 yards on every attempt. But I don't hear anyone complaining that the 7.1 yards per attempt is an invalid statistic. But since nobody seems to care that Trent's 8.5 yards per attempt was substantially better than 7.1 yards per attempt, I converted the EXACT same numbers into what the yardage would have been at the same number of plays. If you cannot understand that this is a perfectly legitimate technique for comparative analysis, then don't comment on it. I have stated this over and over again, but you are too dumb to understand it.

This is not predictive analysis. If it was, then it would be legitimate to argue that my logic is flawed. There is a difference in predictive and comparative analysis, however. I am a trained and experienced engineer that gets PAID to perform these kinds of analysis on a daily basis. I know what the hell I'm talking about.

If the number is meaningless and doesn't actually represent anything that happened on the field then why are you using it to claim that TE far outplayed Brady? There is no logic to this statement.

Also, true, TE's 8.5 yards was an average---not the amount he made on each completion. But how can you assume that he would have the same average over another 28 attempts? You can't! You can't extrapolate from a single data point.

Look, Choo Choo Charlie was an engineer, big deal. Tell us what you might be designing/testing/engineering with your "science" and "analysis" so that we may stay away from these products, areas, etc.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the number is meaningless and doesn't actually represent anything that happened on the field then why are you using it to claim that TE far outplayed Brady? There is no logic to this statement.

On each completion Trent averaged over 14 yards, compared to Brady's 9+ yards per completion. The discrepancy is even greater there. Oh I notice how you edited out your reference to yards per completion. What happened...you checked that stat and realized that your stupidity was evident even to yourself on that one?

And once again [READ THIS IDIOT]-->I MADE THIS COMPARISON AS A REBUTTAL OF THE ARGUMENT THAT TOM BRADY OUTPLAYED TRENT EDWARDS BASED ON HIS GREATER YARDAGE TOTAL<--[READ THIS IDIOT].

Also, true, TE's 8.5 yards was an average---not the amount he made on each completion. But how can you assume that he would have the same average over another 28 attempts?

You can't. That would be PREDICTIVE analysis, not COMPARATIVE analysis. How many times do you need things broken down for you? Are you utterly incapable of comprehension, or just so obstinate that you prefer sounding stupid to admitting your perspective could be flawed?

How many times are you going to ask the same question in spite of the fact I have continually provided lucid, comprehensive, and concise answers??

Do you understand at all the difference between prediction and comparison?

WEO give it up man.

Look, Choo Choo Charlie was an engineer, big deal. Tell us what you might be designing/testing/engineering with your "science" and "analysis" so that we may stay away from these products, areas, etc.

Even I had to chuckle at what you would think when you read the answer to that....the company I work for makes bullet proof vests for the military.

It's much easier to just compare the actual stats, which still don't tell the whole story.

Trent went 15/25 (60%) 212Yds 8.5Avg 2TD 0INT 114.1Rate

Brady went 39/53 (73.6%) 378Yds 7.1Avg 2TD 1INT 97.8Rate

Notice the last item, Rate, which calculates how statistically proficient each player was. It says Trent did better and I believe it just looking at those numbers. WHEN Trent was getting rid of it his results were better than Brady. That being said, in the last 6 minutes of the game it was all Brady. He only needed 6 minutes to overcome an 11 point deficit. Granted, events did take place that he had no control of (fumble) but it was Brady who made the most of it. Edwards was given an opportunity in the last 50 seconds. He didn't.

It's much easier to just compare the actual stats, which still don't tell the whole story.

Trent went 15/25 (60%) 212Yds 8.5Avg 2TD 0INT 114.1Rate

Brady went 39/53 (73.6%) 378Yds 7.1Avg 2TD 1INT 97.8Rate

Notice the last item, Rate, which calculates how statistically proficient each player was. It says Trent did better and I believe it just looking at those numbers. WHEN Trent was getting rid of it his results were better than Brady. That being said, in the last 6 minutes of the game it was all Brady. He only needed 6 minutes to overcome an 11 point deficit. Granted, events did take place that he had no control of (fumble) but it was Brady who made the most of it. Edwards was given an opportunity in the last 50 seconds. He didn't.

Thank you Timba. The whole reason that I started this thread was because that straightforward and obvious logic was not enough for these "Bills fans" to acknowledge Trent's superior performance. The disturbing question is why do they feel that way?

I remember on the last drive Trent made a nice completion for 19 yards before being sacked twice, thanks to Demetrius Bell being swallowed whole by the pass rush. It is also much more difficult to throw down field against a prevent defense with time running out than it is to throw from the opposing teams 30 yard line with plenty of time to still run the ball remaining. IMO You can hardly lay that on him.

Guest dog14787
Thank you Timba. The whole reason that I started this thread was because that straightforward and obvious logic was not enough for these "Bills" fans to acknowledge Trent's superior performance. The disturbing question is why do they feel that way?

That's easy, we lost. :D

but it wasn't because of our QB

On each completion Trent averaged over 14 yards, compared to Brady's 9+ yards per completion. The discrepancy is even greater there. Oh I notice how you edited out your reference to yards per completion. What happened...you checked that stat and realized that your stupidity was evident even to yourself on that one?And once again [READ THIS IDIOT]-->I MADE THIS COMPARISON AS A REBUTTAL OF THE ARGUMENT THAT TOM BRADY OUTPLAYED TRENT EDWARDS BASED ON HIS GREATER YARDAGE TOTAL<--[READ THIS IDIOT].

You can't. That would be PREDICTIVE analysis, not COMPARATIVE analysis. How many times do you need things broken down for you? Are you utterly incapable of comprehension, or just so obstinate that you prefer sounding stupid to admitting your perspective could be flawed?

How many times are you going to ask the same question in spite of the fact I have continually provided lucid, comprehensive, and concise answers??

Do you understand at all the difference between prediction and comparison?

WEO give it up man.

Even I had to chuckle at what you would think when you read the answer to that....the company I work for makes bullet proof vests for the military.

No, if I used yards per catch, it wouldn't have changed the fact that your entire analysis is standing on wet sand. Besides, Laurie already pointed out the yards after catch info that you left out.

I have given up--arguing with your type of intellect is indeed futile. (Also, I feel badly for our men in uniform).

Trent played well, on this we agree.

Guest dog14787
No, if I used yards per catch, it wouldn't have changed the fact that your entire analysis is standing on wet sand. Besides, Laurie already pointed out the yards after catch info that you left out.

I have given up--arguing with your type of intellect is indeed futile. (Also, I feel badly for our men in uniform).

Trent played well, on this we agree.

Then give up already, geesh :censored:

hahahahaha...you are hilarious?

Let me tell you just how dumb this thread is...

Bills Possessions = 9

Patriots Possessions = 10

And the only reason they had one more possession than us was because Schobel picked off the pass and scored a TD.

In other words they had almost the same amount of CHANCES and DRIVES. So why did Brady have such bigger stats if they had almost an EQUAL amount of chances? Because Brady MOVES THE CHAINS and is MORE effective yesterday in the game and therefore WON the game...

Guess what else...Brady had more dropped passes than Trent too including FOUR by Moss and Welker...yet he STILL finds a way to move the ball.

Guess what else, those drops dont kill his drives as much becuase he moves the ball on other downs. We kept having 3rd and long because we either had a penalty put us there or were not doing enough on first and second to avoid being in a 3rd and long where we now have to throw.

Guess what else, if our WR's are not getting open then AVP needs to adjust and run them short before the double coverage can get there. Guess who did that, the Patriots...guess who didnt, the Bills...guess who won...the Patriots.

Serious question, how old are you? I mean your football knowledge seems to come straight from the game of Madden in every thread I see you in.

Brady sorely outplayed Trent and our D in the second half where he was nearly perfect. Not saying Trent had a bad game, in fact I think its more on AVP then Trent, but Brady was the better man Monday.

Well put. This guy gets it.

Guest dog14787
Well put. This guy gets it.

JOHNNYFAIRPLAY quote recently: I hope you took that bet because NE is going to winn by minimum 21 points. This game is going to be very very ugly.

Just like you do :censored:

I wouldn't take it as that. I am conceding that my line of reasoning is simply beyond you, because if you think Tom Brady was throwing down field frequently you clearly were not watching the same game that I watched. You can't just make up scenarios to support you position and the expect me to offer a valid rebuttal. Basically, if you offer even a shred of valid logic, even if it is smothered in BS, I will make a rebuttal. But when you try to make a point based on a scenario that never happened, then I don't even bother trying to offer a valid response.

And for the record, my insults to the intelligence of other members of this forum are almost always in response to insults to my own. The exception is Alphadawg, whom I insult at every opportunity just because of the unending litany of BS that spews forth from his keyboard.

WEO and yourself and growing dangerously close to flame-on-sight status.

Hey Einstein, both of Bradys TD's were down field up the seem to Watson...so who gives a flying rats arse how many times, he threw TWO touchdowns throwing DOWN field...He WON the game...He completed 74% of his passes while thorwing 53 freaking times...nuff said...

Then give up already, geesh :censored:

I love that the only person Southgeorgia has gotten to support his hilarious and insane claim is Dog14787 who might be the only other poster here as out there and delusional as him. Skooby provides more truth and intelligent conversation than the both of these two combined, and that aint saying much.

JOHNNYFAIRPLAY quote recently: I hope you took that bet because NE is going to winn by minimum 21 points. This game is going to be very very ugly.

Just like you do :censored:

lol, everyone in america thought the Bills were going to lose big Monday night, they surprised everyone. So are you saying anyone who didnt predict a near Bills win knows nothing about football? Because if so, then that means just about every analyst, scout, odds maker, etc in the world knows nothing about football...geezus, you are priceless

Guest dog14787
I love that the only person Southgeorgia has gotten to support his hilarious and insane claim is Dog14787 who might be the only other poster here as out there and delusional as him. Skooby provides more truth and intelligent conversation than the both of these two combined, and that aint saying much.

Glad I decided to look at this one particular post. So show me where I did anything more than agree with a particular post about taking what the defense gives you and one about formations.

Thought you were going to waste folks time with your personal crusades anymore, yet you fabricate something to keep supporting them, brilliant moron.

Get a brain Alphaprick :censored:

Guest dog14787
The Bills didn't lose because of Trent.............................BUT the Pats* WON because of Brady. Hence Brady outplayed Trent.

The Pats won because of good special teams play that forced the fumble.