Roll Call: WNYTBDGPS Meeting For Home Opener

R. Rich

maybe when i have a full-time job again.

I feel your pain.

Since Nortel laid me off, I was unemployed just three months. I took a pay cut to take a contract to full time job (it was a dangled carrot only) that lasted 20 months. This time I was laid off only four weeks. Took another paycut - but a full time manager! Two months later, I was given the choice of part-time salary with benefits or unemployment. I chose to work Mon-Wed, although unemployment was about $30 less a week than working three days. I work. That is what I do. :beer:

So most weeks are three days work, two days looking for another full time job, self-contract opportunities, or anything part-time to fill the void.

I figure my salary has dropped $40K a year since 2006. I have been saving for this weekend for months. I buy very little I don't need, so when a WNYTBDGPS comes along, I can ''blow'' money on a Plate. :blink:

Luckily the wife's day care is still going well, and my kids are old enough to support themselves.

I feel your pain.

Since Nortel laid me off, I was unemployed just three months. I took a pay cut to take a contract to full time job (it was a dangled carrot only) that lasted 20 months. This time I was laid off only four weeks. Took another paycut - but a full time manager! Two months later, I was given the choice of part-time salary with benefits or unemployment. I chose to work Mon-Wed, although unemployment was about $30 less a week than working three days. I work. That is what I do. :D

So most weeks are three days work, two days looking for another full time job, self-contract opportunities, or anything part-time to fill the void.

I figure my salary has dropped $40K a year since 2006. I have been saving for this weekend for months. I buy very little I don't need, so when a WNYTBDGPS comes along, I can ''blow'' money on a Plate. :blink:

Luckily the wife's day care is still going well, and my kids are old enough to support themselves.

I printed a $2 off coupon for ya - that'll help :beer:

I feel your pain.

Since Nortel laid me off, I was unemployed just three months. I took a pay cut to take a contract to full time job (it was a dangled carrot only) that lasted 20 months. This time I was laid off only four weeks. Took another paycut - but a full time manager! Two months later, I was given the choice of part-time salary with benefits or unemployment. I chose to work Mon-Wed, although unemployment was about $30 less a week than working three days. I work. That is what I do. :bag:

I figure my salary has dropped $40K a year since 2006. I have been saving for this weekend for months. I buy very little I don't need, so when a WNYTBDGPS comes along, I can ''blow'' money on a Plate. ;)

not that i am complaining but i quit my teaching job in atlanta, and am subbing up here in WNY while taking some grad classes at Buff state. I figure that it is a step-down but a step forward in the long run. But, I just started working the subbing jobs this week after a 3 month sabbatical that included moving back from ATL to home. Let's just say I am enjoying being back home :wallbash:

not that i am complaining but i quit my teaching job in atlanta, and am subbing up here in WNY while taking some grad classes at Buff state. I figure that it is a step-down but a step forward in the long run. But, I just started working the subbing jobs this week after a 3 month sabbatical that included moving back from ATL to home. Let's just say I am enjoying being back home :devil:

One daughter (babyrock) who always comes, cannot for the same reason. Working on her masters in speech pathology in New Haven; I think if it was a 1PM game she would have found a way to be at the game.