Joe Benigno Moving to Day time at Fan

millbank

Joe Benigno overnight announcer at the Fan New York is moving to daytime. He has been on overnight for almost ten years. Joe is great he really comes across as very loyal passionate fan of his teams, it is always fun to give him a listen when the Knicks, Mets, Rangers or Jets have a tough night his monologues were great.

Likely many folks listened as the fans come in clear overnight all down the east coast and into Canada, he had a large overnight following that now well not be able to hear his show. Joe was special because he was a regular guy who won a contest to get on air

and did so well they hired him, kind of a dream of many folks who would like to have a job in sports....

Joe Benigno

I always thought they missed the boat when they didn't name the "Mac and Sid" show, Mac and Cheese. Rosenberg IS cheesy. Funny, but cheesy. Don't get much chance to listen during the daytime, but did catch Benigno some. Man he hates Parcells! I remember when he won the contest - it was held on Christmas day. A read American success story.

Joe & Schmo is what they should call the new show. :D

I always thought they missed the boat when they didn't name the "Mac and Sid" show, Mac and Cheese. Rosenberg IS cheesy. Funny, but cheesy. Don't get much chance to listen during the daytime, but did catch Benigno some. Man he hates Parcells! I remember when he won the contest - it was held on Christmas day. A read American success story.

115332[/snapback]

Joe is a good friend of Bill Belichick and they have a number of good discussions every year at about 5:00 am, the same with Herman.

Joe Benigno overnight announcer at the Fan New York is moving to daytime.  He has been on overnight for almost ten years.

Joe Benigno

Joe is my favorite announcer on 666 Radio.... Very rough around the edges but very, vey passionate. B)

I love to listen to him after the jests lose.......... :D

Rosenberg IS cheesy. Funny, but cheesy.

115332[/snapback]

I think the words you're looking for to describe Sid are, neanderthal idiot.

Joe Benigno overnight announcer at the Fan New York is moving to daytime.  He has been on overnight for almost ten years.  Joe is great he really comes across as very loyal passionate fan of his teams, it is always fun to give him a listen when the Knicks, Mets, Rangers or Jets have a tough night his monologues were great.

Likely many folks listened as the fans come in clear overnight all down the east coast and into Canada, he had a large overnight following that now well not be able to hear  his show. Joe was special because he was a regular guy who won a contest to get on air

and did so well they hired him, kind of a dream of many folks who would like to have a job in sports....

Joe Benigno

115331[/snapback]

Happy overnight everybody... Listened from Buffalo for quite a few years in the late 90's while I baked donuts. :D

Wow....a real bummer for those who loved hearing Joe from NYC overnight but also good for Joe. His opening rants rank right up there with some of the most entertaining radio I've ever heard...."y'know, this franchise....."

Chris Carlin is a solid replacement but Joe is the best. WFAN is the gold standard in sportstalk and it shows you how amatuer and lame WGR (yes including Howard) is.